Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

I would suspect it's about 99 percent certain that Smith, Green and Durham are returning to school, but I haven't seen anything regarding their decisions. I believe the deadline to withdraw your name from the draft and still be able to retain college eligibility is tomorrow, so I guess we'll find out soon. 

I would suspect it's about 99 percent certain that Smith, Green and Durham are returning to school, but I haven't seen anything regarding their decisions. I believe the deadline to withdraw your name from the draft and still be able to retain college eligibility is tomorrow, so I guess we'll find out soon. 

I thought if you weren't drafted and didn't sign with an agent, you could come back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you are drafted in the second round and have no guaranteed contract do you still get to come back. Seems a good risk if only for first round but if it extends through round 2 then it would probably be a little too risky for me

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is what I found on the draft rule;

Previously, athletes who declared for the NBA draft and attended the NBA combine could return to school only if they withdrew within 10 days following the combine. Now playerswill be able to return to school if they are notdrafted.Aug 8, 2018

3 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

This is what I found on the draft rule;

Previously, athletes who declared for the NBA draft and attended the NBA combine could return to school only if they withdrew within 10 days following the combine. Now playerswill be able to return to school if they are notdrafted.Aug 8, 2018

For this season, in order for players to return to school they must withdraw by May 29.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/04/nba-draft-eligibility-rules-deadline-to-withdraw-enter/

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Would really love to be the fly on the wall to know what they were told and then follow the upcoming season to see if they actually listened.

I would think they were told:

1. Justin - ya needs ta get up about 1,000 shots a day.
  2. Al = leader
  3. DeVonte - if you are a leader, it is very likely you will also be IUBB's leading scorer. If you don't buy in? Will be very no bueno.

Devonte needs to make the simple play 

Smith needs to work on consistency of effort regardless how situation is going

Al just needs to focus on developing his overall skills. Doesn’t have a glaring weakness but doesn’t have a great strength either. Which in my view is what we need from our players 

27 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Devonte needs to make the simple play 

Smith needs to work on consistency of effort regardless how situation is going

Al just needs to focus on developing his overall skills. Doesn’t have a glaring weakness but doesn’t have a great strength either. Which in my view is what we need from our players 

Spot on on all three. I hope Al makes the same jump he made from freshman to sophomore year. Justin Smith really could have NBA potential if he gave that effort 100% of the time. My bold 19-20 pick is Devonte makes the All-Big Ten team. That stretch at the end of the season I think will help his confidence. Al I think will prove he is a starter at a good program this year. Justin is 50/50. If Jerome Hunter surprises us or if TJD can play the 4 consistently I think Justin transfers by Christmas.