Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

I am so excited for TJD and Armaan to get on campus. They are both trying to recruit Brunk and Windham. TJD is already working out with Brunk. They seem like the right guys for the culture along with Rob and Al. 
Windham? As a walk on I assume.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Wow I thought we would be going after immediate impact players for next years.

They are going after those players. They have an OV set up for a top 100 shooter next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

29 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Windham? As a walk on I assume.

I think scholarship. I don't know how good he is. TJD just said he can shoot it. TJD also said he is working on his handles and shooting. That tells me he is the 4 and Brunk is the 5. Race backs up TJD and De'Ron backs up Brunk. Rob, Al, and Devonte is your backcourt. What does this mean for Justin Smith?? Time will tell. 

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

They are going after those players. They have an OV set up for a top 100 shooter next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think I'd rather have Quinones over Watford, Beverly, and Windham. He would be the first guard off the bench in year one and start year two. I'd love Watford but the Romeo comment rubbed me the wrong way. IU needs guys who will play to their role. That is why I love seeing Devonte getting shots up at Cook Hall!

35 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Wow I thought we would be going after immediate impact players for next years.

He scored 15 in the state finals as a SO and had 22 in the state finals this season. Avged 18p a game in the MIC. 

29 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think I'd rather have Quinones over Watford, Beverly, and Windham. He would be the first guard off the bench in year one and start year two. I'd love Watford but the Romeo comment rubbed me the wrong way. IU needs guys who will play to their role. That is why I love seeing Devonte getting shots up at Cook Hall!

What did he day about Romeo?

I think scholarship. I don't know how good he is. TJD just said he can shoot it. TJD also said he is working on his handles and shooting. That tells me he is the 4 and Brunk is the 5. Race backs up TJD and De'Ron backs up Brunk. Rob, Al, and Devonte is your backcourt. What does this mean for Justin Smith?? Time will tell. 
I think Deron will start but that 4 man rotation sounds serviceable to me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Bailey7878 said:

Seems to me archie needs to win next year.

So if windham cant make an impact right away I dont get it.

Define "win?"   Indiana needs to show significant progress next season, and they need to continue setting themselves up for longer term success; but what "has" to happen next season?   I'm not sure I think next season is the end all, be all with his first recruiting class being sophomores.

5 hours ago, Hoosier_roots said:

I’m curious if we’ll pursue Michael Lewis or not. I like the idea on its face and I haven’t been able to find out if he has other plans already in place.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would really hope so.  Archie would be really dumb not to look at it hard.

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

People here would go crazy.   Kid's a 2* recruit (we're talking Jalen Windham from Ben Davis, right?) who has offers from North Dakota State, Georgia State, IUPUI, and Ohio.   People are saying we shouldn't offer Luke Brown.  What will they say about Windham?

On 4/6/2019 at 1:41 PM, cthomas said:

If shooting is not significantly improved, next year will look more like this year than anyone wants to see.

It just has to be "improved."  Franklin will help.  Hunter will really help.  Jackson-Davis is really solid.  Phinisee will be healthy.  Thompson will be healthy.  Sounds like Green is working hard and I know Durham will.  Davis will be another year healthier and a senior.  One of the most experienced bigs in the conference.   We'll already be deeper as far as talent is concerned.  We have lost all dead weight save Anderson and really will only miss Morgan.  Everyone else save Romeo we lost is just a body, and he played hurt and limited all year. I firmly believe  Franklin can give us 10-12 of his points.  I'll start with those 8 kids and feel like we're a better team than we were this past season....especially if Green can just get rid of the poor decisions.  That by itself makes us 4-5 points better every single night.

2 hours ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

What did he day about Romeo?

Christian said in an interview that Trendon would not go to IU if Romeo stayed. I mean is that bad to say-not really. Just why does it matter? I just think IU needs to stay away from guys who want to go to college for one year. Nothing against Romeo or Trendon. 

50 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

People here would go crazy.   Kid's a 2* recruit (we're talking Jalen Windham from Ben Davis, right?) who has offers from North Dakota State, Georgia State, IUPUI, and Ohio.   People are saying we shouldn't offer Luke Brown.  What will they say about Windham?

Look at Texas Tech's players and their rankings. Rob Phinisee wasn't a top 100 recruit. I'm done worrying about recruiting rankings. If the kid will play hard for Indiana and Archie plus fit the system I will take them!