Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

Could the reason Moore and Jake never played over Fitzner was because the decision to part ways had already been made thus the concept of building for the future was moot?
I do not believe that. Jake always cheered like crazy and seemed into it. Archie just clearly thought he could not give valuable minutes. I have not been super happy with archie but he isnt playing to lose so there was a reason he did not play.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I guess but we are not at practice and ive made it known im not a fitzner fan so trust me i would rather of had him on the bench. So whats your theory why he would not play jake?

I think he just trusted too much in the senior to figure it out, that he felt Fitzner was experienced enough to put out there and eventually come through. Well, he didn't. It started off hot in game one and went into a downward spiral from there. He couldn't score, rebound, defend. Nothing. Sure Moore and Forrester had their issues. That much was obvious from their limited minutes. But with those deficiencies they also brought things to the table that our other bigs couldn't. More specifically Fitzner.  

I think Archie kept hoping Fitzner would start hitting 3's, something this team so desperately needed. It just didn't happen. And the two guys who played hard and showed some flashes when given the chance were glued to the bench. I just didn't agree with it. By no means is this a "fire Archie" argument from me. But this season was bad for a multitude of reasons and this is one I had an issue with. 

I think he just trusted too much in the senior to figure it out, that he felt Fitzner was experienced enough to put out there and eventually come through. Well, he didn't. It started off hot in game one and went into a downward spiral from there. He couldn't score, rebound, defend. Nothing. Sure Moore and Forrester had their issues. That much was obvious from their limited minutes. But with those deficiencies they also brought things to the table that our other bigs couldn't. More specifically Fitzner.  
I think Archie kept hoping Fitzner would start hitting 3's, something this team so desperately needed. It just didn't happen. And the two guys who played hard and showed some flashes when given the chance were glued to the bench. I just didn't agree with it. By no means is this a "fire Archie" argument from me. But this season was bad for a multitude of reasons and this is one I had an issue with. 
Like i said i did not like fitzner at all. He was terrible but archie must have seen something not to play jake.

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I tend to agree with almost all of this. I don’t want Archie fired though.

I think he’s learning some tough lessons. IMO this team didn’t mesh with Archie. I don’t want to read into things, but not a single senior specifically thanked Archie. That’s a bad look.

I fully agree, some guys are gamers. Jake and Clifton always looked better to me than Fitzner in limited minutes.

I think Archie felt he could trust Fitzner better, and Fitzner was a better practice player.

Idk, I’m not mad about losing who we lost because we desperately need roster turnover. I just think Archie had a rough year with this team.

I actually think Romeo should have been benched at times too. Smith for sure, and he eventually did forever late.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I believe you're correct on most of this. Your last paragraph? When you tell players you do or do not want specific things done and they blatantly disobey? You lose their respect and the respect of the other players as well. I thought the frustration was very evident on Archie's face and in his body language this year. More so than last year. It'll be interesting to see how this offseason continues to play out and what transpires next season. I really think the next 12 months are make or break time for Archie. Hope he makes it. 

I'm not sure, exactly.   I know it's mostly a measure of how scholarship athletes perform academically; and I THINK it matters if the kids who leave are in academic trouble....meaning they were struggling.    Lots of schools have kids leave for myriad reasons, so I don't believe it's an issue...but I truly don't know.

You are correct. As long as they complete the school year and leave on good academic standing it isn’t an issue or I think we would have saw a lot of this go down in January.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My goodness after reading all of the posts from last night, it must have been a wet Wednesday with some mid-week drinking. Jake was a reach, to begin with, and if he couldn't get any time on the floor during a losing streak then it was best that he moves on. Race was in concussion protocol for over a month and came back to pass him on the depth chart immediately. You need 3 maybe 4 good big men to compete in the Big Ten. We have Davis, Brunk :-), TJD and Thompson. Everyone calm down. Meetings will be over by the end of the day so this might be the last one besides Romeo. 

Just wondering, what do you make of the visit with quinones? Any real shot?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My goodness after reading all of the posts from last night, it must have been a wet Wednesday with some mid-week drinking. Jake was a reach, to begin with, and if he couldn't get any time on the floor during a losing streak then it was best that he moves on. Race was in concussion protocol for over a month and came back to pass him on the depth chart immediately. You need 3 maybe 4 good big men to compete in the Big Ten. We have Davis, Brunk :-), TJD and Thompson. Everyone calm down. Meetings will be over by the end of the day so this might be the last one besides Romeo. 

For many -- and not just Farmer Ted -- it apparently was a pretty traumatic day ... 

54 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Ah Chris007, our personal dose of Prozac.