Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

12 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I guess I don't get the "winning consistently is more important than winning NOW" line if you are using a caveat of "needing" to finish top 3 or 4 in the Big Ten next season and winning a few games in the tournament.  You are basically saying that we need to win NOW and continue it.  That's fine but it seems to contradict your statement.

It doesn't contradict anything and all depends on where your bar is.  How you define "winning NOW."  Win NOW, to me anyway, means win big.  Win a championship.  My standards as listed should be the baseline for Indiana, not a "win" standard.   It's an expectation.   "Winning" does not mean finishing 4th in the Big Ten, but doing do consistently does mean Indiana will be in or part of the conversation.    Win NOW, to me, means win the Big Ten and go to the Final Four,  NOW.

Lewis sounds like he will be back at Bama & a full court press of Watford will take place. Lewis, Petty & Watford make things a lot easier to come into for all 3. Petty is back for sure already.

With Moore & Romeo likely gone that leaves 2 spots. If Brunk is taking one Archie has to be careful of where he turns for the last spot. I have heard we will at least one more spot open. Jake, Damezi are my most likely just because they would have 3 years of on court time so a new situation would benefit them greatly if they aren't in Archie's plan. I know some think Smith is gone, but I just haven't heard much that would make it likely. I'm probably wrong, but it's mainly radio silence coupled with a gut feeling.

I will say if we take a chance on someone like Windham or Roderick, then DG is starting. Rob & Durham aren't enough shooting to make things work unless Hunter is healthy & his shot looks good. Then maybe DG doesn't have to start, but I just think that kid is sold more than ever on his role & will have a big senior year. I'm very excited about next years team & maybe more so than this years, but Archie HAS to get guys that can play a role from day 1. 2, 3 or 4 or however many spots need to go to guys that can play now, but only 1 or 2 are likely needed to play more than 20 mpg.

1 hour ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I will say if we take a chance on someone like Windham or Roderick, then DG is starting. Rob & Durham aren't enough shooting to make things work unless Hunter is healthy & his shot looks good. Then maybe DG doesn't have to start, but I just think that kid is sold more than ever on his role & will have a big senior year. I'm very excited about next years team & maybe more so than this years, but Archie HAS to get guys that can play a role from day 1. 2, 3 or 4 or however many spots need to go to guys that can play now, but only 1 or 2 are likely needed to play more than 20 mpg.

No one asked me, but I think you can imagine a scenario where next year is fine even if it falls short of the long-term expectations we have for the program. Do a few things have to go right? Yes, but no slim-to-no-chance sorts of things.

I’ve decided not to get too optimistic because that won’t end well, but if IU shows some progress and makes the tournament, it could be in a good position for the following year.

No one asked me, but I think you can imagine a scenario where next year is fine even if it falls short of the long-term expectations we have for the program. Do a few things have to go right? Yes, but no slim-to-no-chance sorts of things.
I’ve decided not to get too optimistic because that won’t end well, but if IU shows some progress and makes the tournament, it could be in a good position for the following year.
Yes i agree but making the tournament needs to happen period.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Old Friend said:

It doesn't contradict anything and all depends on where your bar is.  How you define "winning NOW."  Win NOW, to me anyway, means win big.  Win a championship.  My standards as listed should be the baseline for Indiana, not a "win" standard.   It's an expectation.   "Winning" does not mean finishing 4th in the Big Ten, but doing do consistently does mean Indiana will be in or part of the conversation.    Win NOW, to me, means win the Big Ten and go to the Final Four,  NOW.

If you think that anybody who says we need to win NOW is thinking we need to win a championship immediately, then they are delusional.  We weren't a tournament and our top two scorers are likely gone.  I'm not sure why you would even list that as a possibility.

If you think that anybody who says we need to win NOW is thinking we need to win a championship immediately, then they are delusional.  We weren't a tournament and our top two scorers are likely gone.  I'm not sure why you would even list that as a possibility.

I agree but there is an approach that helps win now but doesn’t necessarily create a sustainable situation. In fact, we had someone take the win now approach and we did have some success but at the expense of rules and culture.

You could take shortcuts (cheat) or get kids who can play great basketball but might not want to go to classes or might like to make some extra money doing some illegal things.

Archie has a tough road now since he is already in year 2 and what should have been a better year for us ended up being a disappointing season. There are legitimate questions now about Archie’s ability to connect, motivate and coach high level players. Similarly can he work with one and done type kids while not alienating the multi year player.

He probably needs to find hungry, lower ranked kids who want to put in extra time to improve. Initially this might be a young team that hopefully makes the tournament (even if barely). But at the same time, you have a core from which to build on the next year.

He is going to need some kids to play above their ranking in order to get us competitive next year. Purdue did that this year so it can happen but I hope Archie does not try and shortcut the process (unless he is really good at it )

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I just heard some crazy inside information. There is gonna be A LOT of offseason moves. Thought this season was a mess before, even bigger mess than what any of us realized. You can almost guarantee Clifton (already gone), Smith, Green, and Damezi are out the door. Some decent transfers leaning IU including Brunk, Ashton-Langford from Providence, and Lewis from Bama. Archie going to be cleaning house.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I just heard some crazy inside information. There is gonna be A LOT of offseason moves. Thought this season was a mess before, even bigger mess than what any of us realized. You can almost guarantee Clifton (already gone), Smith, Green, and Damezi are out the door. Some decent transfers leaning IU including Brunk, Ashton-Langford from Providence, and Lewis from Bama. Archie going to be cleaning house.

I'm sure you're talking about this so I'm going to go ahead and call BS. IMG6453027971180712912.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

To be fair, I did see rumors of Romeo sleeping with another player’s girlfriend.

Yeah, that's been floating around for at least 4-5 weeks now. It gets started every year I think

Oh Lord.

Let's hope this doesn't go to social media (yes, I'm unrealistic), true or not.

That screenshot is on Reddit so it's out there already. And I'm not sure where it originally came from