Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

The Season Is Finally Over, Now Where Does This Program Go?

Sure Archie gets at least four years but that fourth year is going to be toxic as hell if he misses the tournament in year three. Good luck recruiting in that environment.
Exactly what i have been saying. Recruiting would be totally dead.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

Sure Archie gets at least four years but that fourth year is going to be toxic as hell if he misses the tournament in year three. Good luck recruiting in that environment.

I agree with this point. If IU somehow misses the tournament again next year, it’s going to be quite difficult

Is this the same fanbase that always talks about 4 year players committing to the program and developing? Give it time and see...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is what's so funny to me. So many of the people saying we need to win now also don't think we should be going after one and dones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that thinks that it has been extremely quiet on IU and recruiting since Brooks didn't commit? We know there is interest in Brunk and Lewis but outside of that it hasn't seemed like IU is really connected to anyone unless they are waiting for something that hasn't happened yet. 

And? You can see coaching red flags. There are plenty with him. He’s just not a great coach. He’s not even on the level of his brother.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Sean has usually been loaded with 5 stars which really made him look better than he is. He never made a final four in the tournament and this year with a team without those five stars he went 17-15 in a bad league.

I don’t think people realize that there isn’t a one season fix and ultimatums are meaningless.

The only thing that will determine if Archie is successful is if he can establish a strong program and maintain it. Step one is get to some amount of success.

I see people mention recruiting momentum is dead. That just doesn’t make any sense. His first recruiting class was sound and well rounded. This second class already has a McDAA who appears to be a multi-year player and a four year, but talented, guard. 2020 isn’t even a thought right now. We’re currently recruiting transfers and maybe some 2019 spring kids.

I saw some definite failures in Archie’s decision making these past two seasons, but saw far more promise, especially for a 40 year old coach taking his first gig at a major program.

This will get a nice reaction, but everyone needs to have patience. Doyel posted an article today about the continuity at Purdue, from Keady to Painter, with just two coaches in 40 years. Programs can’t be successful jumping from coach to coach. Archie is a good promising coach with plenty of room to grow. He needs to make changes and improvements, and we have a few years to see how he improves before a call can be made.

Alright, back to wallowing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
We are having patience. Next year is already the third year and we need to start see this thing moving in the right direction by then including making the ncaa.I do not think that in an unrealistic expectation at all

We are having patience. Next year is already the third year and we need to start see this thing moving in the right direction by then including making the ncaa.I do not think that in an unrealistic expectation at all

That’s the opposite of patience. “We need X now”. That’s not how any of this works. This roster is about similar and our success will almost entirely depend on development. Things go well, I think we could make the tournament. We miss it again, and I’ll definitely be frustrated, but then we’re on to year four with a ton of upperclassmen and very little reason we couldn’t be like a VT or Tennessee.

That’s the opposite of patience. “We need X now”. That’s not how any of this works. This roster is about similar and our success will almost entirely depend on development. Things go well, I think we could make the tournament. We miss it again, and I’ll definitely be frustrated, but then we’re on to year four with a ton of upperclassmen and very little reason we couldn’t be like a VT or Tennessee.

Year 4 is the time to panic? Asking for a friend.

Year 4 is the time to panic? Asking for a friend.

Depends. Everything is subjective. If you believe Archie is the man for the job, you give him a longer runway. If you think it’s another Crean type failure, pull the plug.

Does anyone actually think he’s a Crean type coach? Does anyone believe he can’t have the same success that Painter is having? Do we think he can be better?

I don’t think he’s the next Izzo or Coach K, but do we pull the plug because he’s not the next once in a generation coaching talent. Indiana has a long climb back to being a strong and successful program.

Well I guess we disagree on this.

Depends. Everything is subjective. If you believe Archie is the man for the job, you give him a longer runway. If you think it’s another Crean type failure, pull the plug.

Does anyone actually think he’s a Crean type coach? Does anyone believe he can’t have the same success that Painter is having? Do we think he can be better?

I don’t think he’s the next Izzo or Coach K, but do we pull the plug because he’s not the next once in a generation coaching talent. Indiana has a long climb back to being a strong and successful program.

Do I think he is a crean? I do not know cause we have more question than answers right now . Hopefully by February of next year we can start to answer that. But after two years I simply cannot say yep archie is the guy. I wish I could but the results dont back it up right now.

Patience hasn't been IU's problem; they've kept bad coaches for too long that's not a patience issue.

Decision making when it comes to hires has been a problem. I don’t think Archie was a bad decision.