Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

The Season Is Finally Over, Now Where Does This Program Go?

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

Is it just me or do they look way too happy after their season just ended?

This was the biggest thing I noticed. I didn't watch all of them last night, but I saw far too many smiles. Almost like they were relieved it was over. And the player who Chris (I think) is referring to.....seemed like could not have cared less. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's not just you. A lot of these players expressed during the season that they didn't like to be coached hard. 

4 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

This was the biggest thing I noticed. I didn't watch all of them last night, but I saw far too many smiles. Almost like they were relieved it was over. And the player who Chris (I think) is referring to.....seemed like could not have cared less. 

Then those players need to go. Chris, do you have any guesses on who might be out? I think we all can agree on this-we want players here who want to be here and want to be coached. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Then those players need to go. Chris, do you have any guesses on who might be out? 

Just total guess I would say Smith and Moore. Smith because he thinks he is a ball handler and jump shooter, and Moore just to find a fit and to get more playing time. But I really have no idea. They will start having individual meetings here in the next week or so. That is when we will start to hear more. 

I’m toying with the idea of just walking away from IU. Been a fan all my life since I was old enough to know what IU was. 53 years old and I’m flat out tired of watching this school trying to get “rebuilding” right for the last 20 years. If they can’t get it by now, chances are they’re not gonna get it right. Grows real old the longer this goat roping goes on. 
Miller hasn’t convinced me that he knows how to manage a team. Glass hasn’t convinced me that he knows the right type of coach to plug in here. Told my wife that tonight I felt like I was watching the varsity coach school the JV coach. 
Frankly, the Langford experiment shouldn’t have ever been. I’ll leave it at that. Too many rose colored glasses couldn’t see the reality sitting before them. They couldn’t look at high school and see the blatant disparity that was smacking anybody who watches and knows basketball right in the face. Langford was what he was because he went against severely inferior talent night after night, and his coach made sure he got his requisite points night after night. While there may be athleticism, you see the glaring gap after the B1G carved him up game after game.
I’d rather see Miller go after the best in the state that intend on staying 4 years. I will go to my grave thinking that the real problem with this team wasn’t related to injuries, but to chemistry, and BAD chemistry at that. No more 1 and dones, it just isn’t worth it. Build a stable program and forget bringing in the lone rangers that demand all the attention and can’t mesh with anybody.
OK. I guess I’m done now. Give me baseball season.
Bye.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know it’s frustrating, but I do hope and encourage everyone to just support this team like crazy. Trust me, I almost turned off the game numerous times yesterday, but this program is what it is right now and we need to support this team.

I’m not happy being in the NIT, but we need to let Archie grow as a coach and build this team. This was a flawed team that battled so many injuries. The 1-12 stretch is unacceptable, but it could have been way worse with the way everything was trending.

Archie will be under the microscope more these next two years, and after year 4 is when he will likely be ousted if they don’t make the tournament the next two. Coaches need 4 years to be truly evaluated entirely.

The issue I have is with Glass/Administration. I think they want someone who doesn’t have an ego so that basketball won’t be bigger than anything else. I think they do want IU to be successful, but only by their way or it’s the highway, which holds this program back. I’m very hopeful Archie is the guy, but we will have to see these next two years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just total guess I would say Smith and Moore. Smith because he thinks he is a ball handler and jump shooter, and Moore just to find a fit and to get more playing time. But I really have no idea. They will start having individual meetings here in the next week or so. That is when we will start to hear more. 

I would have said the same thing just based on observations from afar. I believe I remember correctly that the only way Moore agreed to play for Archie was if he wasn't red-shirted. There was all that talk of him being a NBA player too, which probably didn't help. I think if he wants to play, it may have to be somewhere else.

I don't think Smith has seemed like he has wanted to be here for most of the year. Definitely get the impression (also based on his dad's comments) that he thinks he is a different player than he is. Seems like a good kid, but if he hasn't or isn't going to buy in, its best for both parties to look in another direction.

This season combined the perfect storm of the wrong guys out against the wrong teams, a thin bench, a shooting problem epidemic, and different agendas.   They played better late, and with the additions and a healthy Hunter, I expect we'll see next season where we truly are.

People are just looking for hope. Sadly, we will like finish 8th and below. Might include an NCAA birth? That depends on how weak the bubble is next season. Michigan State will be the team to beat if Winston stays as they’ll be starting Winston, Langford, Henry, Tillman and Ward. That’s probably good enough to start them out at #1 in the nation next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
I get it but i have had hope for 20 years and kind of have run out of hope. I guess at this point im not optimistic so maybe i will be pleastently surprised next year. Certainly wont be as frusturating for me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Pains me to say this but..... right now.... Archie is not showing a glimmer of hope that he’s the right guy. We are roaming aimlessly in the wilderness. Extremely disappointing/disheartening.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
I had really hope by now we could at least say we got tge rught guy. Instead we go into year three with more questions than answers than ever. Really disheartening.

Agree with all of this, but the Jerome hype is WAY over inflated in my opinion.  I am sure he is a skilled player, and will hopefully contribute next year, but we all know that until a player proves it at the BIG level it is all words.  And lets just pray the kid stays healthy.
No different than the race hype. Players we have never seen play are always so overhyped by fans. Sure race was hurt but he looked totally lost yesterday.

I have no doubt Justin could be a good perimeter player. He's very athletic and he's a pretty good ball-handler. But when you play on the perimeter, a big part of your game has to be hitting perimeter shots. Those two kinda go hand in hand. And he just couldn't. He'd have a game every now and then when he'd hit a few (MSU for one), but that was it. For the most part, when he was on the perimeter, he was absolutely no threat to score. He'd have the ball just outside the top of the key and nobody would guard him -- because they knew he couldn't shoot. Wanna be a perimeter player? Make outside shots! 

When you say light years ahead do you mean he is much older and been doing this for a long time? As others have pointed out his record at Wichita St first three years was not very good in a lesser conference. He also didn't win his conference this year or make the NCAA. But I understand some of your frustrations. But it's funny to me what some of you put on coaching when it has nothing to do with coaching. I wish people could be at practice to see the coaching being done. But I can only go on Crean and Miller's practice. Last night to me didn't have anything to do with coaching, it had more to do with effort and shooting. Playing within yourself and knowing what a good shot is and what a bad shot is. All just my opinion though
Wichita state only missed the tournament this year. I think they had been every year since 2011. No team makes the tournament every year. He's has a very good track record though.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

Eventually, and hopefully soon, the disconnect between IU’s rhetoric about winning and its actual results will yield some blowback and accountability from the public and press.

IU needlessly handcuffs its major sports programs by denying resources and putting up administrative hurdles that hamper the ability of coaches to build their rosters as they see fit. 

So basically you are saying that we need paid players!