Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

The Season Is Finally Over, Now Where Does This Program Go?

Well everyone, this season has finally come to a close. I love my Hoosiers and I watch them every game, but I’m sure glad this season is over. I’m cautiously optimistic about this team going into next season, because I do worry about the same inconsistencies with who is still on the roster.

It will be one of the most watched IU off seasons I can remember because everyone will be closely watching who stays and who goes. I think obvious candidates to transfer out are Smith and Moore (I like Moore, just wasn’t ready for this system), but it’s hard to tell right now what will happen. Plus, while it seems an almost definite Romeo is gone, crazier things have happened.

With the way this season went, I can see this being a crazy off season. There’s been speculation of a grad transfer already planning on coming here or IU is being closely considered. I hope players stay who buy into this program and give effort every single day, and that the coaching staff gets rid of those who show the complete opposite. Players can’t be allowed to just sleepwalk through games anymore. This season was very telling of which players shows up half the time, or who was really bought in.

My wish is for this program to get the right players that give it their all and take IU to a consistent top 5 team in the Big10 that competes for titles and banners!

What is everyone looking for this off season?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

With TJD coming in i see him getting a lot of attention around him in the paint like Morgan had. For next year to be successful we need to surround him with at least 2 40% 3 point shooters to open up the floor and make other teams play honest on defence

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IDK what to root for. With Crean, I rooted for the best recruits he could get because that’s the only way he wins big.

With Archie I don’t even know yet. What’s our identity? Romeo didn’t help enough.

So I guess I hope Archie can get some players. Justin Smith was rated near 70 and there are 2 stars playing better than him all over the country. On nearly every team.

Shrug.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Well everyone, this season has finally come to a close. I love my Hoosiers and I watch them every game, but I’m sure glad this season is over. I’m cautiously optimistic about this team going into next season, because I do worry about the same inconsistencies with who is still on the roster.

It will be one of the most watched IU off seasons I can remember because everyone will be closely watching who stays and who goes. I think obvious candidates to transfer out are Smith and Moore (I like Moore, just wasn’t ready for this system), but it’s hard to tell right now what will happen. Plus, while it seems an almost definite Romeo is gone, crazier things have happened.

With the way this season went, I can see this being a crazy off season. There’s been speculation of a grad transfer already planning on coming here or IU is being closely considered. I hope players stay who buy into this program and give effort every single day, and that the coaching staff gets rid of those who show the complete opposite. Players can’t be allowed to just sleepwalk through games anymore. This season was very telling of which players shows up half the time, or who was really bought in.

My wish is for this program to get the right players that give it their all and take IU to a consistent top 5 team in the Big10 that competes for titles and banners!

What is everyone looking for this off season?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Unless we get two lock down three point shooters this spring my optimism will not be high. You simply cannot win at a high level anymore without hitting a good amount of threes. As of right now I just do not see next year being any better unless we add some signifigant pieces this spring.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Nice post jaybob. All I know is it just hurts to be an IU fan. I remember listening to the 1987 national championship on the radio when I was nine or ten. Been a fan ever since. It's really tough. I love my Hoosiers but man they break your heart over and over again. It's obvious watching some of the better teams in the tournament this year the discrepancy between the talent that we have and those teams. Those teams in the early 90s really got me hooked as an IU fan. I would love for it to be like that again but I know there's no guarantee. We're just not very good. We've got to get our mojo back as a program somehow.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I hope the guys work their @$$ off over the summer.  I know Al will but will others follow?  Player development has to be better.  I got a feeling Green will see what’s in front of him and the chance to be the man.  I agree 100 percent with Dakich saying he is at 15-20 ppg next season (15 not 20).  He has always been an undersized off guard.  It’s up to CAM to make it work.  Or he could do something stupid and get kicked off the team.  

Hoping for a healthy Hunter first of all.

Will be seeing if transfers shake out.  And for anyone here next year that I don't see the amount of shots at certain players on message boards that I've seen.  Guys like Justin Smith and Devonte Green take a lot of unnecessary vitriol that isn't healthy to a program.

Right now I'm pretty negative. In August I felt great about IU athletics- had 3 young, energetic coaches in the major sports- a decent chance at a bowl, high expectations for basketball and an exciting future in baseball. Now....IU football did what it does best and January and February were basketball purgatory with no objective expectation for improvement in the immediate future.  A non-power conf, #6 seed in the FREAKING NIT just came into SSAH and totally controlled a game from start to finish. Worst of all, most of us aren't even surprised. Obviously I had unrealistic expectations for this season. I don't for next year. Lower half B1G finish and no NCAA's unless something extraordinary happens with the roster. Archie wasn't my first (or second) choice to replace Crean, but I bought in and expected much more than I've seen. He has a lot to prove. If next season goes like the first two, he deserves to be coaching for his job in year 4. 

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

Could we actually be better without Morgan next year?? He was not a great leader, didnt give 100% all the time and kinda picked when he wanted to play. This team kinda took on his personality. We need a consistent leader to step forward.

Oh man, you're probably gonna get killed for this but I'm kinda in agreement. Results matter above all else. Ours as a team weren't very good the last two years. Hope they improve.

We need shooting, and we need players who bring intensity to the floor. I would argue that in the majority of our losses we did not lose because the other team was more talented than us. We lost because the team flat out didn't show up to play for 40 minutes. Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Rutgers, Iowa, Ohio State, Iowa, Ohio State, Wichita State. Those are nine games I believe we win if the team just shows up ready to play from the beginning. 

Fix that problem and add shooting and I will feel pretty good about the team at the start of next season. 

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

Could we actually be better without Morgan next year?? He was not a great leader, didnt give 100% all the time and kinda picked when he wanted to play. This team kinda took on his personality. We need a consistent leader to step forward.

This is spot on.  It’s entirely possible to be better.  I thank Morgan for the four years he had here but for whatever reason he far too often kind of just went away.  Please don’t tell me he was undersized.  He may have been playing out of position but that’s no excuse.  A lot of questions about this teams lack of effort and will remain.  I hope a true leader emerges before next season.