Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUWBB - 2019 NCAA Tournament

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

$$$$ I don’t think they’d have much of a crowd at neutral site locations.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Correct. They did that for many years with neutral sites for women and moved it to home team hosting because the attendance was so low. Every sport outside of that sports Final 4 generally the higher seed hosts (either head to head or 4 team regional) the postseason game except the NCAA tourney for men and bowl games. 

Its no more unfair than us hosting postseason in soccer every year because we are so good. Its the only way to draw a crowd outside of the big 2 sports.

Bendu Yeaney suffered a ruptured left Achilles with 6:56 to play in the 3rd quarter in the NCAA Tournament second round game against Oregon in Eugene on March 24. Yeaney underwent successful surgery Friday afternoon and will begin rehab.

Out for all of next season and redshirt or available for the majority of B1G play?

Bendu Yeaney suffered a ruptured left Achilles with 6:56 to play in the 3rd quarter in the NCAA Tournament second round game against Oregon in Eugene on March 24. Yeaney underwent successful surgery Friday afternoon and will begin rehab.

Out for all of next season and redshirt or available for the majority of B1G play?

Thoughts and prayers to a quick and full recovery. That’s tough

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Patberg's shoulder could be a possibility.

While injuries are never good remember its a 7 month off season so unless its something like an Achilles for Yeaney any surgeries should make the player more than good to go next season. Certainly if Patberg has shoulder surgery she would be completely fine by next year in plenty of time just as Juwan was with same surgery. 

There are not to many injuries or surgeries that could keep a player out next season besides Yeaney's given everyone else was playing and no noticeable injury occurred in any games. 

With that said I hope every one gets well fast and surgeries are never easy. 

On 4/1/2019 at 7:08 AM, Aaron said:

While injuries are never good remember its a 7 month off season so unless its something like an Achilles for Yeaney any surgeries should make the player more than good to go next season. Certainly if Patberg has shoulder surgery she would be completely fine by next year in plenty of time just as Juwan was with same surgery. 

There are not to many injuries or surgeries that could keep a player out next season besides Yeaney's given everyone else was playing and no noticeable injury occurred in any games. 

With that said I hope every one gets well fast and surgeries are never easy. 

This isnt verified at all but I heard warthens knee