Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

NIT Game Thread - IU vs. St. Francis (PA) | 3/19 @ 7PM(ET) on ESPN

3 minutes ago, Andrew_114 said:

Any idea how to get these? I still have my student ID from last year..

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I really have no idea, but I'm sure someone on BTown Banners does.  If I had to guess I'd say contact the ticket office.  Can someone help Andrew here?

Expecting this first round game to be like a Christmas break guarantee game. Not sure if this has been cited- St. Francis PA is #261 in the kenpom rankings - lower than Montana St., Jacksonville, and UC Davis. 

Hopefully the atmosphere in the Hall is good and this game is broken open by early 2nd half. Would be nice to get our younger guys a lot of run in a postseason game. I appreciate the sacrifices from our bench seniors like McRoberts and Fitzner, but they should only see curtain call minutes in this game. 

13 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

IU better win this game. I can’t imagine if they don’t

I can...  and it won't be a big deal, because it's just an NIT game.  Is anyone going to remember losing an NIT game 5 years from now?

I can...  and it won't be a big deal, because it's just an NIT game.  Is anyone going to remember losing an NIT game 5 years from now?

Losing to Arky again in the 2nd round? That won’t matter much. Same if we lost to Providence. We are on the same level as them. Losing to Saint Francis though? We should beat them by 15. Would be pretty embarrassing to lose. Just like when Kentucky lost to Robert Morris in 12-13 after Noel went down.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hoosiers currently a 19.5 point favorite in this game.  UCLA beat this team by 37 in November.  St. Francis shows 18 wins, but two were against DII and DIII teams, so only 16 wins against DI opponents, most from the Northeast conference.  Yea, had to look all that up.  This should be an easy win, if the Hoosiers really want it.

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

Losing to Arky again in the 2nd round? That won’t matter much. Same if we lost to Providence. We are on the same level as them. Losing to Saint Francis though? We should beat them by 15. Would be pretty embarrassing to lose. Just like when Kentucky lost to Robert Morris in 12-13 after Noel went down.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Fun fact: CatsPause set a record for most users online after they lost that game.

Chinese proverb:  You are the room you're standing in.

We're standing in a room with a bunch of NIT teams.  It's what we are.  Doesn't matter that we beat MSU twice or any of the other junk.  I want to see these guys fight and trade blows the whole game.  

So these guys start 4 guards, and have a statistically terrible defense.  There's a chance that our offense will work better than it did in the B1G.  We should find plenty of opportunities inside, where our PPP should be very high.  The danger in this game is no surprise:  they've got two guards averaging over 15 ppg, both around 36% from 3.  Let's get them locked down.  

I'm already over the disappointment of the NCAA snub.  We are right where we deserve.  Waiting to see if these guys compete with honor from here out.  Would honestly love a crack at NCState, their bellyaching is over the top.

Look forward to making a run and hopefully win the NIT. If we lay an egg this site and social media will be a mess. It’s time for IU to prove itself that the OSU game was a complete off-game and the last 4 of the regular season was the actual trend.

Would love for this tournament to be a positive launch to the NCAA Tournament next season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners