Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Hoosier Cheering Guide 3/9/19

Feeling good about our chances against OSU, but nervous about MSU a third time. It’s the old adage about it being difficult to beat a good team 3 times. If we beat OSU then MSU again, I will absolutely poop my pants.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If we make it to Friday I’d recommend depends or staying in the bathroom. I lived in the bathroom for a few days with the Korean crud, something I’d not wish on anyone.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

In most cases, it really isn't that difficult to beat a team 3 times. That's a long-standing myth that's been repeated so often, people accept it as fact.

In our case it might be, because MSU is actually a better team than us.

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

In most cases, it really isn't that difficult to beat a team 3 times. That's a long-standing myth that's been repeated so often, people accept it as fact.

Are they without Ward and Langford?  I know they just beat Michigan but there was some home cookin going on

Yeah, the stats on it were posted by USPS in the other thread. Fascinating to me. To your point though, we’ve escaped MSU twice, so not confident about doing it again. And yet, we’re playing better than all year right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Again, I understand that Lunardi is FAR from the ‘guru’ of bracketology, but if NC State is ahead of Clemson on their ‘last 4 in’ wouldn’t that mean Clemson would completely be knocked out while NC State might still be hanging on?

Just trying to get a better grip this bracketology stuff. A self-proclaimed ignorant on the finer workings of it

Again, I understand that Lunardi is FAR from the ‘guru’ of bracketology, but if NC State is ahead of Clemson on their ‘last 4 in’ wouldn’t that mean Clemson would completely be knocked out while NC State might still be hanging on?

Just trying to get a better grip this bracketology stuff. A self-proclaimed ignorant on the finer workings of it

It would all depend on where each personal bracketolosist have them placed on the S-Curve but if a team is in someone’s last 4 in and loses they won’t have any more chances of improving their resume while other teams around them have opportunities to improve on their resume. Personally for me I have NC State last team in the first 4 out.

It would all depend on where each personal bracketolosist have them placed on the S-Curve but if a team is in someone’s last 4 in and loses they won’t have any more chances of improving their resume while other teams around them have opportunities to improve on their resume. Personally for me I have NC State last team in the first 4 out.

USPS, have you thought about making a bracket? Would be interesting to see your predictions.

USPS, have you thought about making a bracket? Would be interesting to see your predictions.

My early one from this year is in the bracketology and team resumes thread

https://btownbanners.com/topic/10203-bracketology-and-team-resumes-thread/?page=27

Posted on Feb 24. Hopefully you can find it

I post my final one on Selection Sunday

Heard Dakich relay something a committee member (?) said about the NET being a heavily used instrument in the selection process. Who knows—but both these teams have NETs in the 30s