Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2019) SG Lester Quinones to Memphis

20 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Lost a recruit due to Archie not using FaceTime...come on Archie, set up your facetime.

I hope Archie never uses Facetime, if that's something a recruit uses to make a decision.  "A recruit" will never be important enough to convince me to believe anything on social media is the difference maker.    To me?  A recruit that needs this (and I already believe this about Quinones) is an attention seeker who's more interested in himself than anything.   Indication of being pampered and entitled.  I know social media is used and has its place.   But if Facetime communication is THE deciding factor and a player needs to be "shown love" that much?  Go to Memphis.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not Facebook, FaceTime; not a social media thang.

A way of speaking with a recruit, especially an out of state recruit, on a video conference call.

I know.  It's still in that genre to me.  All of my kids use it.  I'm not THAT old.

Quinones just stated he has FaceTimed the coach of the school he’ll be attending and informed him that he’ll be going to that school earlier today. I can say with almost certainty he’s going to Memphis.

Crystal balls are 100% memphis. IU is out but most of us expected that

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'd say that's a wrap on this one. Concerned about shooting for this upcoming season but missing on this one isn't the end of the world.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Im still baffled why we never went after grad transfer shooters. So we basically we have to hope the current rosters improves its three point shooting dramatically.

26 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Memphis will blow up like Vandy did.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good comparison- although Memphis looks like it will have even more talent and less Conference competition so may not be quite as spectacular an implosion. 

11 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Im still baffled why we never went after grad transfer shooters. So we basically we have to hope the current rosters improves its three point shooting dramatically.

It just makes no sense. We're probably only going to have 11 scholarship players next year. Possibly 10 depending on Hunter's health. Let's just say hunter can't go. That leaves us Rob, Green, Durham, Franklin and Anderson to cover the 1-3 spots. We still have no shooting threats at all. Unless these guys make tremendous strides we're probably going to be one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the country again. I honestly think year 3 could be his worst year yet. Lets say we finish 17-15 next year with no postseason. Does Archie make it to year 4? Does he deserve a 4th year? Things are not moving in a positive direction right now IMO. It seems like recruiting has hit a huge wall. A lot of people are losing faith in Archie.

11 minutes ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

It just makes no sense. We're probably only going to have 11 scholarship players next year. Possibly 10 depending on Hunter's health. Let's just say hunter can't go. That leaves us Rob, Green, Durham, Franklin and Anderson to cover the 1-3 spots. We still have no shooting threats at all. Unless these guys make tremendous strides we're probably going to be one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the country again. I honestly think year 3 could be his worst year yet. Lets say we finish 17-15 next year with no postseason. Does Archie make it to year 4? Does he deserve a 4th year? Things are not moving in a positive direction right now IMO. It seems like recruiting has hit a huge wall. A lot of people are losing faith in Archie.

You speak for the IU masses now? Recruiting ain't over till the fat lady sings. Since you and everyone else on here likes to overreact with your silly hypotheticals, I'll redo yours for you... 

Lets say we finish 23-9 next year with a good seed in the big dance. Does Archie get an extension? Does he deserve a bonus?

Feel better now? 

20 minutes ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

IMO Archie will get a fourth (and fifth) unless something significant occurs, like some sort of recruiting scandal or behavioral issue.

That said, a bottom 5 finish or missing the tournament again would probably make a lot of natives restless.

15 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Archie isn’t recruiting with a sense of urgency. Probably because Fred told him he will get 5 years.

I'll be honest, I'd rather have what he is doing than the shotgun approach we've seen in the past.

If the sense of urgency gets us a B1G followed by two years of crap, I'll take the foundation building approach. I hope that Glass has told him to build for long-term success.

24 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Archie isn’t recruiting with a sense of urgency. Probably because Fred told him he will get 5 years.

and how do you gather that?  because he isn't playing the $game$?

It is preposterous to claim that Archie lost a recruit to FaceTime. If Quinones indeed commits to Memphis, it is because he is convinced it is in his best interests as a player. Given that we came in late with this recruit and we had a lousy season in 2018-19, we were lucky to get in the mix. Time to move on. Hopefully the returning guards improve their long range shooting or 2019-2020 could be a long season.