Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana @ Illinois Game Thread- 3/7 - 8:00pm - FS1

Lots to like tonight. Played with effort for the fourth or fifth game in a row. Gave Archie grief during the “sleep-walking” games so have to give him credit for the turn-around as I thought he was close to losing the team.  Offense looked so much better. 17 assists to 6 to’s, Green and Smith stayed within themselves for the most part, Rob seems to have recovered and is confident with the ball, guys were getting the ball in positions in which they could score (rather then getting a weave hand-off 25 feet out), 5 players in double figures plus Davis with 9, DeRon is increasingly getting in game shape, etc etc.  Take care of Rutgers and I will count the minutes until our first BT tourney game.  

great win! only our second Q2 W of the season IIRC.
now just beat Rutgers. 
looking more like we'll be 9 playing 8 (OSU) in the BTT. Then playing 1 (PU/MSU/UM).
i'd love to get a crack at PU again.

pu will be the 2 seed at best. The winner of UM-MSU will be the 1 seed. I’d like to get O$U in the 8/9 game. We’d either get MSU (2-0) or UM (0-2). I’m not sure which is better. It’s hard beating a team 3 times but UM in the BTT would be tough for us. We might have a better chance now that everyone is getting healthy. I don’t think we beat the crying Izzo’s a third time. It’s a heck of an opportunity if we get it though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Purdue can’t be #1 seed

not familiar with all the tie breaker info, but those three are all tied and UM plays MSU. PU split with MSU, so assume if MSU wins, it goes to TB. mind sharing how MSU wins the TB? Thanks in advance.

Rutgers game would be an awesome one to see from the Hall. Never thought I’d be desperate to see Indiana play Rutgers. Hope it’s a sellout and it’s jacked. Rutgers can play man. Gio is really good. I somewhat understand people being worried about this game tonight with the kind of half-@$$ rivalry, and the fact that it was something of a trap game. But, Sunday’s game is the one that should really give you fits. They match up so evenly. It’s going to be a good one. Crowd energy needs to pull out everything.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can you get her to the United Center in Chicago from the 14th-17th?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My wife would absolutely kill me.....I would say she might understand but then again she’s a Purdue grad. On second thought, I’ll see what I can do

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Rutgers game would be an awesome one to see from the Hall. Never thought I’d be desperate to see Indiana play Rutgers. Hope it’s a sellout and it’s jacked. Rutgers can play man. Gio is really good. I somewhat understand people being worried about this game tonight with the kind of half-@$$ rivalry, and the fact that it was something of a trap game. But, Sunday’s game is the one that should really give you fits. They match up so evenly. It’s going to be a good one. Crowd energy needs to pull out everything.

Ron Harper Jr. has been impressive for Rutgers lately.

3 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

not familiar with all the tie breaker info, but those three are all tied and UM plays MSU. PU split with MSU, so assume if MSU wins, it goes to TB. mind sharing how MSU wins the TB? Thanks in advance.

If Michigan State wins they will have swept Michigan tiebreaker is the next highest team so you would look at Purdue and Michigan states record against Michigan Purdue lost their one match up

MSU beats Michigan
- pu/MSU share conference! split regular season
- MSU 2-0 over third place UM, pu lost to UM

Michigan beats MSU
- pu/UM share conference, UM wins tiebreaker in head to head

5 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

I somewhat understand people being worried about this game tonight with the kind of half-@$$ rivalry, and the fact that it was something of a trap game. But, Sunday’s game is the one that should really give you fits. They match up so evenly. It’s going to be a good one. Crowd energy needs to pull out everything.

Worried about tonight because it was on the road. Just looked and Vegas had Illinois as 2 point favorites.  Agree that Rutgers is far from a pushover as they have several guys playing well.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

MSU beats Michigan
- pu/MSU share conference! split regular season
- MSU 2-0 over third place UM, pu lost to UM

Michigan beats MSU
- pu/UM share conference, UM wins tiebreaker in head to head

thank you!

so i think i'd rather have a crack at scUM since we swept MSU