Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I'm just curious-where do you all rank Knight (no IU bias) as far as college basketball coaches of all time?
No order but figure these guys have to be the top 4: Bob Knight, Coach K, Dean Smith, John Wooden

Have to have Rupp in there unfortunately I think.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

On 4/6/2019 at 9:57 PM, Napleshoosier said:

Goat? “Greatest of all time”? emoji6.png

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

For everything it took to put the product on the court?

From 1972 - 1993 ... yes indeed. And that's a really long stretch.

After the Grahams/Henderson/Bailey/Cheaney years it seems like he delegated more, recruited less, and the on-court product became more and more a victim of his personality flaws.

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

After the Grahams/Henderson/Bailey/Cheaney years it seems like he delegated more, recruited less, and the on-court product became more and more a victim of his personality flaws.

Knight career really was odd in 22 years he  won 11 conference tiles and 3 NCs. Next 14 none of either. 

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He delegated to a guy named Dakich.  Pretty much explains it all! 

Per the HT-"Property transfer records filed recently in the Monroe County Assessor’s Office show that a just-built house in the 1500 block of South Andrew Circle in the Shadow Creek neighborhood was sold to Robert M. Knight and Karen Knight on July 2."

The takeaway? The chances that Coach Bobby Knight appears at Assembly Hall this coming season are very, very high.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Per the HT-"Property transfer records filed recently in the Monroe County Assessor’s Office show that a just-built house in the 1500 block of South Andrew Circle in the Shadow Creek neighborhood was sold to Robert M. Knight and Karen Knight on July 2."

The takeaway? The chances that Coach Bobby Knight appears at Assembly Hall this coming season are very, very high.

Wow used the live in the area. Fairly certain I used to turn around in the neighborhood whenever my wife forgot something. 

37 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Have a sibling that lives in the neighborhood, there is some buzz about this. Interesting that Dr. Kyle Hornsby also lives in this neighborhood. 

Also if I'm not mistaken the Autumn Hills Alzheimer treatment center is across the street. 

On 7/11/2019 at 7:41 AM, monskisprodigy said:

Have a sibling that lives in the neighborhood, there is some buzz about this. Interesting that Dr. Kyle Hornsby also lives in this neighborhood. 

Ha ha...been watching IU basketball for over 40 years.  My wife does not like basketball.  But the only thing she can remember me yelling during basketball games over the years while she sat in the other room is "C'mon Hornsby"!   BTW, I liked Kyle Hornsby.      

Very interesting news about RMK if true.