Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

What’s a “Pusey”?

Must mean “a good man who  played harder injured than most players do healthy, raised a fantastic family after his playing days were over, and gave everything he had for IU when he was there. “

Because that’s exactly who Neil Reed was. 

Agreed ... The comment about Neil Reed was totally uncalled for and in horribly poor taste. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I would be among those cheering  the loudest if he was at assembly hall and Included in his remarks “I would like to apologize for the way I acted toward the University and it’s fans”.

Seems like some of you guys hold as big of grudge as he does.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:37 AM, bigrod said:

My dad is going through it right now, and my grandmother (his mother) went through it as well. It's not fun at all. He is no longer the same person. His personality has changed so much.

It's sad to see the person you have always looked to for strength turn into a shell of himself.

Prayers to you and your family bigrod. My parents are both getting close to 80. It's my biggest fear for them. That they'll know longer be the people I've known all my life. I visit and speak with them as often as possible. 

On 4/6/2019 at 7:51 PM, schoosier said:

Hope he comes to a basketball game and gets the ovation he deserves. Maybe even get something named for him and have all his ex players be there as well. It’s time to bury the hatchet and finally get rid of the GD curse. Just as he would have said it.

Both the university and athletic department have tried to bury the hatchet for years... but Knight has always rebuffed the attempts at reconciliation by being an @$$. I hate what dementia and Alzheimer's disease do to a person, but all of the hate has been on Knight's side. He has been invited back multiple times for a chance for the university and athletic department to honor him and bestow love/praise/honor on him, but he's carried too large of a grudge to allow that to happen.

Glad to see that, for whatever reason, he is showing signs of being willing... but don't attempt to spin this any way except that it's been on him.

Having watched my father-in-law and my mother battle dementia, I suspect some of the bad memories are simply fading away and as they fade, the animosity he's exhibited is also fading.  It is a painful process to watch someone slowly withdraw into their own private little world.