Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Can the Hoosiers go dancing?

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Wofford/UNCG tomorrow for the Southern title. Bubble teams will be pulling for Wofford. Wofford beat them by 30 and 29 in the regular season

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Absolutely. Wofford is projected to get in even if they lose. Same with Buffalo at the mid-major level. 

On 3/9/2019 at 6:09 PM, Irish YJ said:

Give me either, but I'd prefer to even the score with scUM.

Not really afraid of playing MSU a third time. 

To hell with them both.

I actually admire UM basketball ever since Beilein took over. MSU? Well, that’s an entirely different apple. MSU and UNC are among my most hated collegiate athletic programs. Both are purely disgusting to me in their own ways. Others could be added to this list, but they stand out as among the worst...a disgrace to collegiate sports.

Sampson was an idiot for making calls knowing better, but UNC and MSU have suffered no consequences for alarmingly more serious charges. I hate them both, ‘til death do I part. 

I’d think (or hope) that IU’s profound injury bug throughout the season would be at least a small factor in our consideration. Right? I mean...look at how IU plays with a healthy Phinisee?

I would think IU is probably in with one more win.

For me with the B1G going to 20 games this year I actually think that hurt IU more then helped them this year. I disagree with Katz. He says the 20 game schedule allowed them 2 extra game against better competition which gives them a chance with a terrible conference record. My argument is depending on which 2 B1G games got cut of the schedule you potentially could have 2 less losses and add 2 buy game wins against garbage teams. IU’s record would be 19-12(8-10) heading into Thursday. Doesn’t matter now just an interesting discussion

3 hours ago, Adillac said:

I’d think (or hope) that IU’s profound injury bug throughout the season would be at least a small factor in our consideration. Right? I mean...look at how IU plays with a healthy Phinisee?

I would think IU is probably in with one more win.

Someone just posted in another thread that the head of the selection committee said explicitly they will consider injured players/roster availability during the season...tweet was posted by an OSU beat writer (thinking of Wesson, presumably), but IF true, our injury-riddled/streaky season might not look as bad to committee

18 hours ago, ray said:

I have no clue who this is, but I’ll be drunken by the cool-aid which he has to offer. 

I never heard of him but I looked his bracketology history up on the website below and he is "ranked" (take it for what you will) as the 79th most accurate bracketologist.  For comparison, Lunardi (who has Indiana out) is ranked 68th.

http://bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

I really like Inside IU Basketball with Archie and Fisch. Sometimes it even gets a little candid, which is unusual for Archie. Loved his quiet confidence tonight when he said something to the effect of, “I don’t know who’s playing better than us right now, but give me these guys in a tournament setting.”

I don't know if only one more win will do it, but we do have one thing in our favor, college basketball IS talking about IU.  I do think having hype and coming on very strong late with so many Quad 1 wins really plays into our favor.  Plus, if we lose to MSU and it's a 2 or 3 point game, I think that will be in our favor as well to some degree.

Regardless, IU really needs to win 2 in the BTT to coming close to securing an NCAA Tourney bid. 

The BTT bracket really screwed us. Hope 1 more win does it. MSU is the LAST team I wanted to face second round.
Would of rather gotten purdue but lets not worry about that until we win.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I love the matchup with OSU. Whether we say it or not, holtzman was another coach we could have gotten and I’m sure was looked at to some degree but we took Archie and holtzman went to OSU. Archie will be compared to him until he has consistently exceeded him and so far he hasn’t.

This Is his chance to start taking to him and making it obvious he was the best man available

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Have to wonder about the increase to 20 games for the Big Ten and how that affects Bubble teams.   Indiana replaces two B1G games with two easier opponents, we potentially jump from 17-14 to 19-12 and in the dance.  

I havent really seen this discussed at all, but that’s a major factor. 

Have to wonder about the increase to 20 games for the Big Ten and how that affects Bubble teams.   Indiana replaces two B1G games with two easier opponents, we potentially jump from 17-14 to 19-12 and in the dance.  

I havent really seen this discussed at all, but that’s a major factor. 

I mentioned it earlier in one of the threads. Thats assuming the 2 B1G games you take away from schedule we’re losses. I feel 2 extra games hurt IU this year. Katz thinks it helped having 2 extra games because it give them 2 extra games for Quad 1 or 2 games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It would definitely depend on the 2 games removed....

Say they removed @ Rutgers & Home against Michigan State.

We play 2 more "easier" opponents... so now we are sitting at 18-13 and takes away one of our worst losses but also takes away a High Quad 1 Win... would we still look as good?