Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Can the Hoosiers go dancing?

No, let’s speculate what seed we would get if we won it..

Say, we play the 8-9 game of the BTT, after winning the next two. We’ll most likely get Minny or O$U in the second round. That’s a quad 2 win against another bubble team to get to 18-14. Then we’d meet, most likely, purdoo in the quarterfinals. That would add another quad 1 win before a Maryland or Wisconsin in the semis, another quad 1. We go to the finals where we finally beat Meat chicken and add another quad 1 win brining our win streak to 8 with 5 of them being quad 1 wins. The committee looks at our resume and deems us unworthy of a tourney birth because we didn’t have a .500 record in regular season conference play but (!) we get the number 1 overall seed in the NIT with a 21-14 record along with a conference tourney championship.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

This is a joke right? You know the conference tourney champ gets an auto bid? If that scenario miraculously happens we would be slotted in an 8/9 game IMO. I remember reading a preseason article on CBS Sports that said IU had the most question marks and said they have to potential to either go to the Final 4 or lose first round of the NIT. Looking back, that was about as spot on as you could get with this team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This is a joke right? You know the conference tourney champ gets an auto bid? If that scenario miraculously happens we would be slotted in an 8/9 game IMO. I remember reading a preseason article on CBS Sports that said IU had the most question marks and said they have to potential to either go to the Final 4 or lose first round of the NIT. Looking back, that was about as spot on as you could get with this team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes, it was a joke. I didn’t hit the sarcasm lock before typing.

Notable bubblicious games today

- #2 Virginia at Syracuse

- Texas at #8 Texas Tech

- #18 Kansas State at TCU

A couple of big opportunities for some bubble teams.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Cuse taken out behind the woodshed. I think they’re still safely in at 19-11. They might get a bit nervous if they lose @Clemson and then their first ACC tourney game. They have the best win by a bubble team with their win at Dook. They’re currently NET 39

we have to win the next two. anyone who thinks otherwise is pumping sunshine.

we just got back into the bubble conversation with a win over a top 10 team. losing to one of the bottom teams kills us. 

if we win the next two, the BTT will be interesting as hell. day two start and big big game.

If Texas losses tonight they will be 16-14. IU wins on Thursday we will be 16-14. According to ESPN Texas is a 9 seed and IU is next four out. I would put our quality wins vs them any day. Has to show you the bad stretch we had will be a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

we have to win the next two. anyone who thinks otherwise is pumping sunshine.
we just got back into the bubble conversation with a win over a top 10 team. losing to one of the bottom teams kills us. 
if we win the next two, the BTT will be interesting as hell. day two start and big big game.

Both Ill and Rutgers are currently ahead of us in the Big Ten standings but I get what you’re saying. Two wins in the next two or we need to win the BTT to get in. I don’t see us winning the BTT so... win the ones we can.

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Both Ill and Rutgers are currently ahead of us in the Big Ten standings but I get what you’re saying. Two wins in the next two or we need to win the BTT to get in. I don’t see us winning the BTT so... win the ones we can.

not saying we have to win the BTT at all. just the next two to be in the conversation. we can't lose to a **** team. we can lose to a good team. 

Notable bubblicious games today

- #2 Virginia at Syracuse

- Texas at #8 Texas Tech

- #18 Kansas State at TCU

A couple of big opportunities for some bubble teams.

Both Texas and TCU go down tonight.

I don’t think the Texas loss at Texas Tech hurts them that much but it was a big opportunity. They sit at 16-14 and 8-9 so they need wins. They get TCU at home on Saturday. I think they’ll need to win against TCU and at least one in the Big 12 tourney to get to 18-15. Texas is currently NET 33

TCU missed an opportunity as well. They’ll have to get one at Texas and a couple in the Big 12 tourney. They’re sitting at 18-12 and 6-11. TCU is currently 48

Texas and TCU both play each other in the final games of their season. The game is at Texas, should we root for TCU to pull off the upset since their on the outside looking in from a distance or Texas who is very bubblicious and on the fence right now but in. IMO if TCU goes into Texas and wins, that would possibly keep both on the outside looking in so I’m rooting for TCU.

6 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Lunardi updated his bracketology today and has TCU in at #12...they have 2 quad 1 wins (both against Iowa State) and their 3rd best win is vs Texas (another bubble team) at home. Will finish conference at 6-12 or 7-11 with at most 3 quad 1 wins. Texas is in at a 9 seed at 16-14 right now and is now 5-9 in quad 1 (IU 6-9) and have 2 quad 3 losses (IU has zero quad 3 or 4 losses). So how is Texas sitting so pretty with a worse resume and only 1 more overall win???

Morrie sucks, go by the matrix http://bracketmatrix.com/

10 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Cuse taken out behind the woodshed. I think they’re still safely in at 19-11. They might get a bit nervous if they lose @Clemson and then their first ACC tourney game. They have the best win by a bubble team with their win at Dook. They’re currently NET 39

They always get tucked in, regardless of record! I think committee is always reluctant to have to hear Boehiem’s incessant whining.

7 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Lunardi updated his bracketology today and has TCU in at #12...they have 2 quad 1 wins (both against Iowa State) and their 3rd best win is vs Texas (another bubble team) at home. Will finish conference at 6-12 or 7-11 with at most 3 quad 1 wins. Texas is in at a 9 seed at 16-14 right now and is now 5-9 in quad 1 (IU 6-9) and have 2 quad 3 losses (IU has zero quad 3 or 4 losses). So how is Texas sitting so pretty with a worse resume and only 1 more overall win???

They like Shaka, and it inflates Bill’s $$$elf importance, and eventual overly high seeding, by making the 12 look better than it is.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

More bubblicious games Tuesday

- Xavier at Butler
- Nebraska at #9 MSU
- VCU at George Mason
- #11 Purdue at Minnesota
- #6 Kentucky at Ole Miss
- #13 Kansas at Oklahoma
- Auburn at Alabama
- Utah State at Colorado State

Go Butler, Purdue, and Auburn! Xavier loss probably puts them out as an at-large. Minnesota loss drops them a bit. If they win, they are probably in. An Alabama loss and they are probably a last four team in.