Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana at Iowa Game Thread: 2/22 - 9:00pm - FS1

8 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

But how good was Paul George at 19 at Fresno State?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not as good as Langford is now. Not saying that at all. The decision is the thing. George had a matchup who had no chance of staying frontal and he punished him. Langford had the same and took the exact shot Garza would have begged him to take. It’s good lesson for him.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I'm beating a dead horse. But I really believe Alford wouldnt have done this bad.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

If you're talking about Alford the player and referring to our guys' FT and 3-point shooting, I'd say you're 100 percent correct: Alford wouldn't have done this bad. In fact, it's right there in the stats: He never did perform as poorly as our fellas do now. If you're talking about Alford in some other capacity, I'd disagree ... 

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

6-27 from three. 22%. Not gonna win may games shooting like that.

Yes.  That makes perfect sense to have such confidence in your 3 point shot at 22% to hold the ball until the clock runs out and take a step back unset 22 footer when you only need one point to win.  

I'm done with this team and burning my remaining tickets for the year. 

I hope Romeo leaves.  He's not a team player. He thinks he can do it all but he can't play 1 on 5 in he Big Ten.  This has happened game after game.  However, it is not all his fault as his coach should have told them to take the highest percentage shot, not the worst.

15 minutes ago, 1981Grad said:

Yes.  That makes perfect sense to have such confidence in your 3 point shot at 22% to hold the ball until the clock runs out and take a step back unset 22 footer when you only need one point to win.  

I hope Romeo leaves.  He's not a team player. He thinks he can do it all but he can't play 1 on 5 in he Big Ten.  This has happened game after game.  However, it is not all his fault as his coach should have told them to take the highest percentage shot, not the worst.

Yep could not have said it better myself I really hate this team now. Don’t have tickets but will be burning other items TRUST me.

Edited by Dunktown69

Trying to sleep but need to ask this before I fall out. Hopefully someone will have an answer in the morning. Does anyone know yet why Juwan didn’t get foul shots after it appeared he was hit while shooting a 3? Does anyone with officiating knowledge have some insight into the call there? Why a side out? Was the play called a foul? It seemed clear to me that it was pretty much textbook for a 3 shot penalty. So what gives? Even the announcers said nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Archie had 2 timeouts. He should know not to leave the discussion up to this team. Should have called a timeout and got a play that went to the rim.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Trying to sleep but need to ask this before I fall out. Hopefully someone will have an answer in the morning. Does anyone know yet why Juwan didn’t get foul shots after it appeared he was hit while shooting a 3? Does anyone with officiating knowledge have some insight into the call there? Why a side out? Was the play called a foul? It seemed clear to me that it was pretty much textbook for a 3 shot penalty. So what gives? Even the announcers said nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Maybe no forward motion at contact or something either way archie needs to pack it up and hit the road we need alford. I’ll take crean or even dennehy god I’m just raving mad pulling at my hair and djdhejsnjsjd37$.

Maybe no forward motion at contact or something either way archie needs to pack it up and hit the road we need alford. I’ll take crean or even dennehy god I’m just raving mad pulling at my hair and djdhejsnjsjd37$.

Lmao

What Facebook fan site are you a member on? If you don’t want to say, I understand. I feel like I might know you.

Had to record the game. Just some observations: The intensity the last two games better.  I wonder if the lack of Romeo being as aggressive as earlier in the year isn’t due to the injuries they have incurred this year and his mind is thinking NBA?? IU is a very different team when Deron is not on the floor. Would have loved to see him at 100% versus 70% of what he could have been. Can’t wait to see RP next year... Lastly it was great to see Race on the floor, God Bless him.

What Facebook fan site are you a member on? If you don’t want to say, I understand. I feel like I might know you.

I was thinking the same thing, I made the mistake of joining an IU group on facebook.. never again.

IU is basically paying Archie Miller and Tom Allen to "learn on the job."

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep, that elite 8 and ncaa tournament showings are equal to 5 win seasons in football.

Archie hasn’t been great by no means but that is just a horrible comparison, everyone is mad about the losing, but Archie cant do much about a guy that hasn’t scored all game just throwing up 3s at the end.

6 hours ago, 1981Grad said:

6 hours ago, Dunktown69 said:

Yep could not have said it better myself I really hate this team now. Don’t have tickets but will be burning other items TRUST me.

Would love video/photographic evidence of this. 

Great content for the site!

We won an NCAA title 31 years ago because we simply ran our offense during the final 28 seconds against Syracuse. And because Darryl Thomas (RIP) passed the ball -- the greatest assist in IU history. Alford, our go-to guy, never even touched the ball on that last possession. 

I'm not against running an offensive set. My point was more that either way we should have gotten a great shot because of the defensive matchup. The reason we didn't is solely on Romeo. He was being guarded by a big slow guy. Taking a step back was the worst possible play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk