Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Team Chemistry Issues?

From what I can gather, Big Daddy (Jake's dad) is an assistant principal at a high school in Harrisburg, Pa., and it looks as if he played at Temple (probably played for Chaney). I don't think that Jake went to his school, though -- at least later on. I believe he sent him to a prep school. 

I think you need to read some more history of his tweets.  They don't sound positive to me about our program as a whole.

Yeah I think there is frustration with his child on the bench when you had Evan and Justin struggling many games in a row. He would fit in well here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t think that’s the argument people are trying to make. I’m certainly not of the belief anyone of the younger bigs (who have been healthy enough to play) have been significantly better than Smith (although with effort and time they may become much more so). I think people just see his attitude as bad for the team chemistry (title of this thread) and that players with a good attitude, an enthusiasm for the team regardless of personal attention or accolades, and a desire to do whatever it takes (for the team) deserves time before a kid who sits and mopes while on the bench when players receiving .5% of the minutes Smith receives are up cheering on THE TEAM. It’s the sense of entitlement and selfishness most people cannot tolerate, or at least that’s the part that disgusts me. 

I was referring to Jake's dad, not posters on the site. I know parents are of course going to be biased, but Jake does not deserve minutes right now, and I'm assuming his dad is upset Smith is playing over him. I like Jake and think his athleticism and energy will make him a useful piece, but he's completely outmatched whenever he's on the court right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I was referring to Jake's dad, not posters on the site. I know parents are of course going to be biased, but Jake does not deserve minutes right now, and I'm assuming his dad is upset Smith is playing over him. I like Jake and think his athleticism and energy will make him a useful piece, but he's completely outmatched whenever he's on the court right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% with you. I am one of the biggest Forrester guys there is. I think by the time he’s a Jr he has a chance to be an elite defender. Love him. But right now he’s a calf on skates. And if his dad doesn’t see that, then he’s just being a dad. But he needs to shut up. And Justin’s dad ABSOLUTELY needs to shut up. 

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think you need to read some more history of his tweets.  They don't sound positive to me about our program as a whole.

The fact that he sarcastically uses the term “the great Archie Miller” tells you all you need to know about his feelings toward the program. Would not be surprised to see Jake, by his own choice, on the adios train. Physically and talent-wise he’d probably be better off back in PA at a St Joes/Drexel/Temple level.

EDIT: my bad. His dad did not write “the great Archie Miller”. It was written by someone else and was part of a tweet that his dad retweeted.

56 minutes ago, Demo said:

100% with you. I am one of the biggest Forrester guys there is. I think by the time he’s a Jr he has a chance to be an elite defender. 

He seems like a good, enthusiastic kid but I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe he will be an elite defender the year after next.

The fact that he sarcastically uses the term “the great Archie Miller” tells you all you need to know about his feelings toward the program. Would not be surprised to see Jake, by his own choice, on the adios train. Physically and talent-wise he’d probably be better off back in PA at a St Joes/Drexel/Temple level.
I get the feeling we are going to have alotof openings this spring.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

He seems like a good, enthusiastic kid but I have not seen anything that would leave me to believe he will be an elite defender the year after next.

Terrific lateral movement for an interior kid. Length. Covers a ton of ground across the lane. Activity in the post. Should be able to blitz the pick and roll. To me, he has great defensive traits. He’s just not ready to do it. But I’ve been wrong before. Plenty. 

2 hours ago, Demo said:

Terrific lateral movement for an interior kid. Length. Covers a ton of ground across the lane. Activity in the post. Should be able to blitz the pick and roll. To me, he has great defensive traits. He’s just not ready to do it. But I’ve been wrong before. Plenty. 

Agree and he has a Rodman type motor. Just a ton of upsize and he needs to add some bulk. 

2 hours ago, DChoosier said:

As far as I can tell, the "the great Archie Miller" phrase did not come from Jake's dad. It came from another tweet to which Jake's pop replied. ... There definitely have been times when Mr. Forrester has been critical of Archie. He, however, did not write "the great Archie Miller." 

2 hours ago, DChoosier said:

I guess I haven’t read the tweet from Forrester the elder yet. I thought “the great Archie Miller” comment came from Justin’s dad.

3 hours ago, Demo said:

100% with you. I am one of the biggest Forrester guys there is. I think by the time he’s a Jr he has a chance to be an elite defender. Love him. But right now he’s a calf on skates. And if his dad doesn’t see that, then he’s just being a dad. But he needs to shut up. And Justin’s dad ABSOLUTELY needs to shut up. 

I hope Jake stays another year. I don't like when freshmen or sophomores transfer due to lack of playing time. It is just so early in their career. Look at Etherington, Abell, Stanford Robinson, etc for IU. I hope this isn't a case where they think Jake is better than what he is. I think he will be a solid role player as a junior/senior. 

11 minutes ago, ray said:

I guess I haven’t read the tweet from Forrester the elder yet. I thought “the great Archie Miller” comment came from Justin’s dad.

"the great Archie Miller" comment -- at least the one that I saw -- came from some fan. Jake's dad was just replying to it. 

Seeing who transfers out will be telling. If Archie and Co. are building the type of program I hope they are players like Anderson, Forrester, Moore, and Thompson will accept their roles and get better as underclassmen to make an impact as upperclassmen.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

As far as I can tell, the "the great Archie Miller" phrase did not come from Jake's dad. It came from another tweet to which Jake's pop replied. ... There definitely have been times when Mr. Forrester has been critical of Archie. He, however, did not write "the great Archie Miller." 

EDITmy bad. Yes, His dad did not write “the great Archie Miller”. It was written by someone else and was part of a tweet that his dad retweeted/replied.