Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Team Chemistry Issues?

Green and Smith are gone. Their blatant disrespect last night is terrible. Green was arguing with all the coaches every time he got taken out. Smith refused to look at or listen to any coach who tried to give him some coaching. His family has filled his head with crap that he should be scoring all of these points when he can't hit a jumper outside 5 feet. They both are so unhappy it is affecting the whole team. 

This is how I feel as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Free Jake!!

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Green and Smith are gone. Their blatant disrespect last night is terrible. Green was arguing with all the coaches every time he got taken out. Smith refused to look at or listen to any coach who tried to give him some coaching. His family has filled his head with crap that he should be scoring all of these points when he can't hit a jumper outside 5 feet. They both are so unhappy it is affecting the whole team. 

Exactly. I’ve suspected for months that Green and Smith were our tumors. Imagine a Keion Brooks playing Smiths position.... too bad. This epic collapse cost us Keion. He is indeed gone to UK. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

This is my issue. They still played last night. Where’s the accountability 

IMO they have to play out of necessity for us to have a chance to win. Neither started the game. But at the end of the year, you show them the door. I guess now that NCAA chances are gone you don't have to play them. I would have had Davis in at the end to guard Haarms instead of Morgan just to match big vs big guy. Then moved Morgan to someone else and Smith out. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Having them gone is fine by me. I have to wonder: Have they never been coached, or yelled at throughout their entire basketball careers? ... Still don't see why Smith's dad would whine about the offense going through Romeo and Juwan. The kid can''t score. In the past couple games, I've seen him be 5 feet short on a 15-footer, 2 feet short on a 10 footer and 4 feet long on a 20-footer. He is a great athlete, but seems to have very limited basketball skills. ... As far as Green, I'm disappointed to read that. I HATE his mistakes and his one-handed passes, but on the surface (at least to me), it seemed like he was at least playing hard. I've seen way too many times where Smith makes a bad offensive play, then dogs it back down court and we give up a bunny that could've been prevented with some hustle. ... I thought at least Green was putting forth some effort. ... Sometimes, you have addition by subtraction. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Having them gone is fine by me. I have to wonder: Have they never been coached, or yelled at throughout their entire basketball careers? ... Still don't see why Smith's dad would whine about the offense going through Romeo and Juwan. The kid can''t score. In the past couple games, I've seen him be 5 feet short on a 15-footer, 2 feet short on a 10 footer and 4 feet long on a 20-footer. He is a great athlete, but seems to have very limited basketball skills. ... As far as Green, I'm disappointed to read that. I HATE his mistakes and his one-handed passes, but on the surface (at least to me), it seemed like he was at least playing hard. I've seen way too many times where Smith makes a bad offensive play, then dogs it back down court and we give up a bunny that could've been prevented with some hustle. ... I thought at least Green was putting forth some effort. ... Sometimes, you have addition by subtraction. 

I really don't think they have been really coached. Always been the guy, and now we're finding out they can't handle not being the guy. How many bunnies did Smith miss last night? It's not like either guy is irreplaceable. 

I was holding back to not shout out names until now as well, but to see Green and Smith act like this is down right ridiculous. At this point i don’t care if they give us a better chance to win a couple games than someone on the bench. They don’t deserve to play and be on this team acting like that and them continuing to get to play and be here is just allowing them to continue to spread the cancer to everyone by being disrespectful and worthless. If Archie knows they will be gone and if they know they will be gone, then just sit them. They are obviously not gonna care at all about what they do out on the court if they plan on not being here anyways. 

Maybe the whole plan is for them to play on and keep things quiet until the end of the season in hopes it doesn’t screw anything up, but they don’t have the right attitudes to make that a successful thing. If at this point they are just going through the motions to get the season over with and doing it by being immature smart a**es and disrespectful then to heck with them, get them the heck out. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I've tried not to say anything about them but when they showed the disrespect in public last night, they deserve anything they get. 

Do you have any intel on De'Ron? ... I ask because I've read that he and Green are tight and I wonder how Green's status would affect him. ... I'd love to have Davis back for another year. That Achilles injury really set him back and I think if he can go the rest of the season without further injury, he can use this offeason to get in really good shape (not sure what opportunities were there last offseason while recovering from that injury) and be a real solid contributor next season. 

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Were you sitting close enough to see this/hear this in person? You're not a guy to go on a rant; if you saw it and heard it live that's more than enough for me.

I noticed a sulking Smith on the bench all the way from my sofa view when the broadcast veered that direction - didn't see Green being an @$$ from the tv feed.

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Do you have any intel on De'Ron? ... I ask because I've read that he and Green are tight and I wonder how Green's status would affect him. ... I'd love to have Davis back for another year. That Achilles injury really set him back and I think if he can go the rest of the season without further injury, he can use this offeason to get in really good shape (not sure what opportunities were there last offseason while recovering from that injury) and be a real solid contributor next season. 

I do know that Davis and Green are tight. But can't believe Davis would throw everything away to leave with Green. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No, but had a close friend sitting right behind the bench tell me all about it this morning. I did see Green on TV get taken out early after a bad turnover and seemed to be jumping up down high fiving all of his teammates. I asked my friend about it, he said he was mocking the instructions of shaking everyone's hand when you come out. Also said they told him to sit between two coaches and he refused until Schilling grabbed him and put him in that seat. 

Wasn't there another game earlier in the season where DG was mocking Archie behind his back after Archie laid into him? There is definitely a pattern and I have thought all along that it was DG and Smith being the issue! I also thought it was very odd that DG was jumping up and down with the bench when he just got pulled for that TO.

Makes you wonder if Archie is hesitant and uncomfortable with getting rid of them knowing they aren’t his players, when you would hope to see it as happening the other way where he would have no problem with it because he didn’t invest in recruiting them so he’d flat out be willing to tell them hey, it’s unacceptable for you to act like this, you’re obviously unwilling to show you care, so be gone. Like I said, he must just be trying to bite his tongue until the end of the season. I get it in a way, but at the same time I don’t because it’s allowing them to keep on with the ridiculous antics. 

9 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Makes you wonder if Archie is hesitant and uncomfortable with getting rid of them knowing they aren’t his players, when you would hope to see it as happening the other way where he would have no problem with it because he didn’t invest in recruiting them so he’d flat out be willing to tell them hey, it’s unacceptable for you to act like this, you’re obviously unwilling to show you care, so be gone. Like I said, he must just be trying to bite his tongue until the end of the season. I get it in a way, but at the same time I don’t because it’s allowing them to keep on with the ridiculous antics. 

Yeah I don't think he wants to not play them, then people ask why and he has to answer because they are cancers. I think you wait till the end of the season, ask them to move on in private