Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IU vs OSU 2/10/19

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I didn’t read the thread so if this has been stated I apologize but, Archie has to sit Justin Smith. His half @$$ sloppy efforts all over the court is killing us. Play smaller if you have to, play bigger if you have to but he has no business on the court. He has all the tools but jogs around aimlessly out there and I cannot stand watching it anymore

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The tools are there to be a pro but Justin doesnt seem interested.

It shouldn’t matter what year the coach is in for his kids to play smart and with consistent effort. This problem won’t be fixed with another year. There needs to be some kids who ride the pine for dumb decisions and lack of effort or find another opportunity to play D1 basketball.

Are you missing any more games this season? You seem to be absent when the team has played decent basketball.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
Go read my MS posts and since we have lost 8 of 9 there are not going to be a ton of positive posts.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Everyone was happy when we gave 45 minutes of effort, outrebounded MSU and shot respectable from three.

I think I just figured out why our offense looked better against MSU after that statement. I'll see if there is any evidence to back up my theory and if there is I'll create a thread to discuss.   

I didn’t read the thread so if this has been stated I apologize but, Archie has to sit Justin Smith. His half @$$ sloppy efforts all over the court is killing us. Play smaller if you have to, play bigger if you have to but he has no business on the court. He has all the tools but jogs around aimlessly out there and I cannot stand watching it anymore

Extremely frustrating player to have on your team and he was supposed to be the third best player on this team. Oye. In a good program he’d be in the Forrester/Moore role right now.

Everyone was happy when we gave 45 minutes of effort, outrebounded MSU and shot respectable from three.

True but that was only one game. He loses his man constantly and tries to go for the homerun block to make up for it most of the time. I don’t think his strengths outweigh his weaknesses.

Free Jake!!

29 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You’d fire the recruiter for the last repeat champions?  Doesn’t seem smart

Hhhmm...trying to understand why (or if) that has any meaning at all 4 stops and 15 years later.

Indiana fired the last coach to have an undefeated national champion.   That was 24 years later...  Is there a time frame inside of which things like this matter?  At all?

In all my years of watching the Hoosiers Big 10 game of the week since the mid 1960’s this by far is the MOST disappointing.
Terrible overall effort from players and coaches.
Beyond hopeless.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

It's not quite this simple.  There are/were more than 3 factors involved.

I'm not even frustrated after this game.  For those of you that are, let me share my secret.

It sucks to say, but you need to treat IU basketball like IU football.  By that I mean that you watch the game if you're home, but don't plan your day around it.  Today instead of planning to watch the game, I took my family to the State Fair.  It was a lot of fun.  We happened to get home with a few minutes left in the game.  I turned it on and saw exactly what I expected.  When you lower your expectations, you become happier.

As long as Archie keeps bringing these results, I don't even care anymore.  I'm sure a lot of you like to hear that I'm stepping away from IU basketball and posting about it.  Not completely away, just treating it like IU football.  If I'm home, I'll have it on.  If not, oh well.  There are a lot better things in life.  For the rest of the Archie era, I think I'm going to leave my postings to predictions in those respective threads.  You're welcome lol.  

12 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Hhhmm...trying to understand why (or if) that has any meaning at all 4 stops and 15 years later.

Indiana fired the last coach to have an undefeated national champion.   That was 24 years later...  Is there a time frame inside of which things like this matter?  At all?

So should randomly fire the one guy on the staff who has what it takes to get the job done. That makes tons of sense

I'm not even frustrated after this game.  For those of you that are, let me share my secret.
It sucks to say, but you need to treat IU basketball like IU football.  By that I mean that you watch the game if you're home, but don't plan your day around it.  Today instead of planning to watch the game, I took my family to the State Fair.  It was a lot of fun.  We happened to get home with a few minutes left in the game.  I turned it on and saw exactly what I expected.  When you lower your expectations, you become happier.
As long as Archie keeps bringing these results, I don't even care anymore.  I'm sure a lot of you like to hear that I'm stepping away from IU basketball and posting about it.  Not completely away, just treating it like IU football.  If I'm home, I'll have it on.  If not, oh well.  There are a lot better things in life.  For the rest of the Archie era, I think I'm going to leave my postings to predictions in those respective threads.  You're welcome lol.  

Not poking, just asking... if IU should begin to win consistently in the Archie era will you return to making plans to watch IU basketball?

17 minutes ago, Josh said:

Life is too short to watch bad basketball.Gonna go organize my sock drawer.

7 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

So we are ready to fire a coach forced to inherit a bad roster, who successfully recruited Romeo Langford and then had virtually every player capable of contributing get injured?

I'm not ready to fire him, but I am beginning to lose confidence. This is starting to feel a bit too similar to the early Crean years.

10 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

So we are ready to fire a coach forced to inherit a bad roster, who successfully recruited Romeo Langford and then had virtually every player capable of contributing get injured?

I'm not ready to fire Archie at this point... but with that said, I don't have the stomach for this crap. Crean left the cupboard pretty bare. He recruited kids like Green and Priller and Jobe. He caught lighting in a bottle with guys like Cody... and got lucky with guys like Sheehey and Vic... but there were 10 misses for every time he got lucky... and he left us with only Morgan who would be a vital piece on any team in the country, but we're leaning on him like he's the savior of the program because there's no one else...

Yeah, Archie got us Romeo, and next year we'll have TJD... and I get it that kids get hurt, but what about the strength and conditioning? Isn't that supposed to help against injuries? 

I'm tired of the Michigan guys I know laughing at our crappy 0-17 start AT HOME. And losing to Nebraska, and Rutgers and Northwestern. And losing four in a row in our house. Bottom line: this crap has to end. Show some damned pride.

The concerning thing is illinois and ohio state are improving with young coaches. We are getting worse and we went 9-9 with all crean players last year so it can be done. No dont fire him yet but people should be very concerned.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

So should randomly fire the one guy on the staff who has what it takes to get the job done. That makes tons of sense

You have no idea if he has what it takes to get the job done here or not.  What do you see so far that would give you even a glimmer of thought that's true?   On top of that, what have you seen that says he can do it here better than anyone else we could hire?  He's been here 2 years and his record is the same as Archie's.  29-26.  Stop it.   You're trolling.

I’m not ready to fire him but I’m really disappointed that his coaching ability is warranting the discussion.
Other teams have player injuries/adversities and have better results than IU exhibiting lack of want to and effort. There hasn’t been any .....even slight marginal improvement.
That’s inexcusable.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners