Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

Brown adds two more ...Stetson and wafford ...more lateral level schools but they are piling up ....they said they have had zoom calls almost every day 

Wofford should be at the top of his list outside of the in state schools in my opinion. Their program develops some outstanding shooters. SoCon is a competitive conference. Their non conference schedule usually schedules North Carolina and other top ACC programs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

So one year behind colson Montgomery from south ridge and same class as Keaton Mahan ( Ohio state commit )...will he go in early pro draft ?

No idea. You mean same class as Indiana commit and fellow top 100 player in the country Tyler Cerny. 

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No idea. You mean same class as Indiana commit and fellow top 100 player in the country Tyler Cerny. 

Didn’t know if you were that direction if you knew the other two ...I’ve seen Mahan play baseball and Montgomery play basketball so I was going to ask for a comp if you knew the other two 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Wofford should be at the top of his list outside of the in state schools in my opinion. Their program develops some outstanding shooters. SoCon is a competitive conference. Their non conference schedule usually schedules North Carolina and other top ACC programs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Couldn’t agree more ...I think out of state wofford May be more attractive than even Akron ......great point 

2 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Hopefully, just building momentum.

Butler had been in contact during his freshman year ...they already signed two guards from 2020 but they had battle transfer I wouldn’t be shocked if they give a harder look now ....northwestern has been in phone contact 

Just now, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Didn’t know if you were that direction if you knew the other two ...I’ve seen Mahan play baseball and Montgomery play basketball so I was going to ask for a comp if you knew the other two 

I've coached against Tucker Biven since he was in 5th grade. Kid can play.. avged 16p as a SO and can SKY. I've seen Colson on TV twice in state championship baseball games. 

I've been at multiple AAU tourneys where Colson was playing, but didn't know at the time that I needed to pay attention to him lol

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I've coached against Tucker Biven since he was in 5th grade. Kid can play.. avged 16p as a SO and can SKY. I've seen Colson on TV twice in state championship baseball games. 

I've been at multiple AAU tourneys where Colson was playing, but didn't know at the time that I needed to pay attention to him lol

Kid sounds like an athlete ! Now I’m really psyched about the game ....will they let him play basketball if he’s that advanced in baseball ?  I was glad Montgomery’s parents and coaches didn’t stop him from playing 2 or 3 sports 

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Kid sounds like an athlete ! Now I’m really psyched about the game ....will they let him play basketball if he’s that advanced in baseball ?  I was glad Montgomery’s parents and coaches didn’t stop him from playing 2 or 3 sports 

I know Tuckers dad pretty well. I dont think he'll stop playing. 

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

That’s a good dad move ...you gonna be able to hit the Blackford new Albany game also ?

I'm a HS basketball coach myself lol.. I doubt I'll make it. 

Got to root for the Bulldogs though, they're in our conference and sectional. 

I know Tuckers dad pretty well. I dont think he'll stop playing. 
I would agree with that comment. I believe I've seen Tucker's dad talk about the positives of playing multiple sports. I was at the game this past year with Providence and New Albany. They have some young athletes which includes Tucker.

Sent from my LGLS992 using BtownBanners mobile app

34 minutes ago, croneleoni said:

I would agree with that comment. I believe I've seen Tucker's dad talk about the positives of playing multiple sports. I was at the game this past year with Providence and New Albany. They have some young athletes which includes Tucker.

He's a really good dude and will have one son play major D1 baseball and another playing D2 baseball. 

43 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

That’s a good dad move ...you gonna be able to hit the Blackford new Albany game also ?

I will say.. NA will have multiple players that can guard Brown, especially if that kid transfers from Louisville. Hearing now he might go to Jeff. 

NA is VERY well coached. I would be willing to bet Brown will be picked up full court by Schmelz, but Stanton will get some time on him and so will Tucker. I think they'll trap every screen he comes off of. Not saying he will struggle, but I do think NA will bother him. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'm a HS basketball coach myself lol.. I doubt I'll make it. 

Got to root for the Bulldogs though, they're in our conference and sectional. 

Nice ! Sorry for you and your players how the season ended ...hope you guys get in a normal offseason from July on and best of luck 

3 hours ago, croneleoni said:

Should be interesting come December !

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I will say.. NA will have multiple players that can guard Brown, especially if that kid transfers from Louisville. Hearing now he might go to Jeff. 

NA is VERY well coached. I would be willing to bet Brown will be picked up full court by Schmelz, but Stanton will get some time on him and so will Tucker. I think they'll trap every screen he comes off of. Not saying he will struggle, but I do think NA will bother him. 

Thank you so much because being that far away I have no familiarity so now I’ll be able to watch for that ....if brown is coming off screens that will mean someone else on the Blackford team learned to handle the ball lol....I hope they give him hell and do the same to every team they play because I want some people who think he thrives playing smaller schools to see how he stacks up playing people they respect as athletes