Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Thank you both for the input ...the ballot I was shown asked for 10 all star votes and it had a specific instruction that the first person listed would count towards or as the mr basketball vote.....my assumption was that the other 9 spots went to all star candidates ....what USPS makes sense that it’s a media and coach pool of votes that then is used to pick a team from ......that begs a second question ....does that mean the mr basketball candidates are automatically in ?  Reason I ask is because jerseys are always given in rank of the vote ( mr basketball 1 runner up 2 etc)  so I had also then assumed the folks who finished say 7-12 in the voting were given numbers commensurately thereafter.  Are those numbers assigned by the selection committee or president then as well ?

Only number that is guaranteed  is Mr basketball at 1.    Runner up doesn’t always get #2.    Phinesee wore number 2 and he didn’t finish runner up 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Only number that is guaranteed  is Mr basketball at 1.    Runner up doesn’t always get #2.    Phinesee wore number 2 and he didn’t finish runner up 

Really ? I guess I didn’t notice that from robs year ...the rest looked to have been kept with their voting totals ?

1. Indiana by 23 and it was exactly what I expected is this team.  Deep and played solid team ball.  They attacked from top to bottom.  Fun to watch.

2. everyone that doubted how Brown would play against top guys …he started with a notre dame , Illinois , and two Perdue recruits ….played the fourth or fifth most minutes on the team.  Was 7-9 18 points and 4 or 5 assists.  Zero turnovers lead team in scoring.  Two highlight passes.  Was primary ball handler most of the time he was in. Obviously the shot volume isn’t there but he looks like a better player with those studs around him that can dunk or hit shots on the other end of the passes

Indiana with the sweep !! Brown finishes career with a great series.  Leading the team in scoring at the Kentucky game was nice but I think he was more important and topped the performance tonight.  Played second most minutes and Far and away lead The team in +\- category.  Over here games he was ridiculously efficient scoring and had an incredible assist to turnover ratio despite being responsible for handling the ball more than  anyone else on the team.  Announcers touched on it at end of game.

final three game stats :

41 +\-

13-19

8-10 2pt

5-9 3pt

4-4 ft

35 pt

6 reb

12 @$$

1 TO

26:18

21:36

15:56

63:50 of 120 minutes

3 hours ago, lillurk said:

What’s Stetson’s guard rotation look like next year? I also wonder, if Brown has a solid career there, if he’d be an up-transfer candidate.

Had some solid young contributors.  One was a freshman that averaged over 30 min a game and a double digit scorer.   Definitely made all Freshman team in the ASun 

8 hours ago, lillurk said:

What’s Stetson’s guard rotation look like next year? I also wonder, if Brown has a solid career there, if he’d be an up-transfer candidate.

5 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Had some solid young contributors.  One was a freshman that averaged over 30 min a game and a double digit scorer.   Definitely made all Freshman team in the ASun 

Same situation from the year prior …a kid that would be a junior ( but will technically only be a sophomore because of covid eligibility extension ) also made the all freshman team and was often their leading scorer.  One is a shooter and crafty scorer ( more a two guard ) the other is a slasher and driver.  Neither is a true point guard.  My guess is they play three guards and start luke at point but the big question mark they had a senior that declares for the nba draft …he did get a ton of minutes but the last 9 games of the year he averaged over 20 If he comes back for a fifth year that will make it interesting.  With josh smith from Monrovia continuing to improve they could contend in their conference this upcoming season 

as far as Luke transferring I see three possibilities:

1. they make the tournament his freshman and sophomore year and maybe even win a game and he gets attached to the place and  wants to see the process through and stays put

2. Donnie Jones who he loves gets a power six job and takes him with 

3. Luke’s game translates well ( not a given ) and he puts up great stats but they don’t make a tourney his first two years.  If a big ten school had a spot I could see that being possible