Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

13 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Of course McCollough is making sure his team is taking it one game at a time but Shenandoah is pretty confident if they get a rematch with Blackhawk. Took them to overtime earlier even though a couple guys werent near full strength. Doah is playing much better now.

Can honestly say I would have never guessed that in a million years doah would get beat much less healthily....did you go to the second game? What in the world happened ?  I feel awful for them I really thought they were a lock for the finals and might have a shot to win ...that’s a special group of seniors heading out 

2 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Can honestly say I would have never guessed that in a million years doah would get beat much less healthily....did you go to the second game? What in the world happened ?  I feel awful for them I really thought they were a lock for the finals and might have a shot to win ...that’s a special group of seniors heading out 

Didnt go as my son had soccer. I will get an update from Dan Howard in a day or two. Listened on the radio and it sounded like tired legs. Jumpers werent falling and a step slow on defense.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Didnt go as my son had soccer. I will get an update from Dan Howard in a day or two. Listened on the radio and it sounded like tired legs. Jumpers werent falling and a step slow on defense.

Total shame they were such a well oiled machine and if Blackford doesn’t beat Blackhawk that pretty much hands it to them as I thought doah was their only rough match 

52 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Yo rico ....Elkhart Saturday for semi state ? Blackford Blackhawk and Leo sbsj should be a fun day !

Leo is my hometown team.  first ever semi state.  They will have their hands full with SBSJ.  Team full of overachievers, happy for them.  

36 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Leo is my hometown team.  first ever semi state.  They will have their hands full with SBSJ.  Team full of overachievers, happy for them.  

That is awesome as it is Blackfords first as well ! Cool The games are paired ! You driving up ?

23 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don't think I will but i'll be trying to find a way to watch.  

Leo's best are Davidson the guard, and DJ Allen the 6'6'' or 6'7'' big.  

Since they are separating attendance I don’t have access to tickets foR that one so i can’t really help but it will be on Ihsaa Tv for similar price as a ticket .....May be once in a lifetime things so I’m pulling strings not to miss it 

Too much Blackhawk .....they were hitting absolutely everything ....best of luck to them  moving forward they are tough ....brown passes Romeo to fall fourth all time .....anyone that thought brown was chasing points , you could tell he knew the game was out of hand with no chance of a comeback about 3 minutes into fourth ....he only finished ten shy of second all time and easily could have gotten there if he went after it ....he played his normal game and tried to get his teammates in the box score ....great kid Im gonna miss him 

Congrats to Caleb Furst being selected 2021 mr basketball.  Well deserved !  Proud of Brown for finishing 3rd and very close to 2nd in such a loaded class !  4th all time in scoring 9th all time in assists ( only player in the top 50 in scoring and top 10 in assists ) only player in Ihsaa history to finish with a career 50/40/90 Average and only the second player to lead the state in scoring 3 separate seasons.  What a ride and man will this indiana all star team be fun to watch

54 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Congrats to Caleb Furst being selected 2021 mr basketball.  Well deserved !  Proud of Brown for finishing 3rd and very close to 2nd in such a loaded class !  4th all time in scoring 9th all time in assists ( only player in the top 50 in scoring and top 10 in assists ) only player in Ihsaa history to finish with a career 50/40/90 Average and only the second player to lead the state in scoring 3 separate seasons.  What a ride and man will this indiana all star team be fun to watch

When will the all star team be announced?

2 hours ago, ArchieNoMo said:

When will the all star team be announced?

Should be this coming week or weekend ( or at least often is the week after mr basketball ).  I’m really really looking forward to it as it appears the first 6 spots are gone which means you have roughly 20-25 really really qualified kids and only 6 or 7 available spots

one question for the entire group:  voting for mr basketball/ indiana all stars is due BEFORE the top 60 workout.  Is the all star team picked strictly from the votes or does the workout have any bearing OR does the selected staff have any influence on inclusion ?

2 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Should be this coming week or weekend ( or at least often is the week after mr basketball ).  I’m really really looking forward to it as it appears the first 6 spots are gone which means you have roughly 20-25 really really qualified kids and only 6 or 7 available spots

one question for the entire group:  voting for mr basketball/ indiana all stars is due BEFORE the top 60 workout.  Is the all star team picked strictly from the votes or does the workout have any bearing OR does the selected staff have any influence on inclusion ?

Could be wrong but I think the only thing that’s voted on is Mr. Basketball. The team itself is decided later after the workout.

Mr. Basketball is selected through a balloting process of coaches and media overseen by game organizers from the IBCA. The remainder of the team is finalized by All-Star game director Mike Broughton after observing numerous games and events throughout the season, conferring with coaches, school officials and media across the state and reviewing votes submitted by coaches and media who each could recommend up to 10 players.

this was from an article on the 2020 selection 

57 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Could be wrong but I think the only thing that’s voted on is Mr. Basketball. The team itself is decided later after the workout.

54 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Mr. Basketball is selected through a balloting process of coaches and media overseen by game organizers from the IBCA. The remainder of the team is finalized by All-Star game director Mike Broughton after observing numerous games and events throughout the season, conferring with coaches, school officials and media across the state and reviewing votes submitted by coaches and media who each could recommend up to 10 players.

this was from an article on the 2020 selection 

Thank you both for the input ...the ballot I was shown asked for 10 all star votes and it had a specific instruction that the first person listed would count towards or as the mr basketball vote.....my assumption was that the other 9 spots went to all star candidates ....what USPS makes sense that it’s a media and coach pool of votes that then is used to pick a team from ......that begs a second question ....does that mean the mr basketball candidates are automatically in ?  Reason I ask is because jerseys are always given in rank of the vote ( mr basketball 1 runner up 2 etc)  so I had also then assumed the folks who finished say 7-12 in the voting were given numbers commensurately thereafter.  Are those numbers assigned by the selection committee or president then as well ?