Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

8 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Doah, a fantastic team with a fantastic coach is on the south side .  You’re going to an amazing game they have the toughest match right out of the gate with covenant Christian ....likely won’t hit Blackford because you folks will hit linton Stockton in semi state and have a fantastic game we will hit Blackhawk Christian in semi state and no one in 2A other than shanandoah as even fazed them so we could play 100 times and be lucky to win 1

I'm going to guess that Shenandoah makes it out of their regional. I think they beat Covenant Christian and Parke Heritage. They could have a tough time but I think Shenandoah is more battle tested and they just have 5 guys that are good enough to carry the offense and beat you. Blackford I think should win their regional. I know Rochester has a better record but I think Wapahani will give Blackford their toughest game of the two and honestly I think it will be Blackford and Rossville in the regional championship. 

33 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I'm going to guess that Shenandoah makes it out of their regional. I think they beat Covenant Christian and Parke Heritage. They could have a tough time but I think Shenandoah is more battle tested and they just have 5 guys that are good enough to carry the offense and beat you. Blackford I think should win their regional. I know Rochester has a better record but I think Wapahani will give Blackford their toughest game of the two and honestly I think it will be Blackford and Rossville in the regional championship. 

I actually agree with absolutely everything you said ...except Rochester having a better record is debatable ....only one loss but only played 18 games.  I’ve watched most of these kids in the junior and senior classes for 7 or 8 years and even going back to fifth and sixth grade those shanandoah kids played well together.  I know you said five which is true but I think they have three off the bench that they can plug without losing much or anything.  They play as a team.  I’m definitely rooting for them I know a lot of people pick covenenant Christian but I think that’s Indy bias.  If Blackford doesn’t act like idiots playing at 10 am I think the final four is blackhawk Blackford shanandoah and linton Stockton and then the final is Blackhawk and literally whoever shoots better in the the other game 

26 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I actually agree with absolutely everything you said ...except Rochester having a better record is debatable ....only one loss but only played 18 games.  I’ve watched most of these kids in the junior and senior classes for 7 or 8 years and even going back to fifth and sixth grade those shanandoah kids played well together.  I know you said five which is true but I think they have three off the bench that they can plug without losing much or anything.  They play as a team.  I’m definitely rooting for them I know a lot of people pick covenenant Christian but I think that’s Indy bias.  If Blackford doesn’t act like idiots playing at 10 am I think the final four is blackhawk Blackford shanandoah and linton Stockton and then the final is Blackhawk and literally whoever shoots better in the the other game 

That should be the final 4 imo. I know Rochester played fewer games but I based it on winning percentage. That said I'd say they also had the weakest schedule. Wapahani will be a tough test. Luce can coach and they have 2 guards that are solid. They're just solid and can hit shots. They are also a freshman and sophomore. That said I don't think they will be able to stop Luke. Covenant Christian had it's hands full getting passed Heritage Christian. Shenandoah would've beaten Heritage Christian by at least 20. We played both teams and they weren't even close. Maybe Heritage Christian was just a bad match up for Covenant Christian or maybe Covenant had a bad game. I'm not sure what happened but I'd put my money on Shenandoah in that match up. 

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

That should be the final 4 imo. I know Rochester played fewer games but I based it on winning percentage. That said I'd say they also had the weakest schedule. Wapahani will be a tough test. Luce can coach and they have 2 guards that are solid. They're just solid and can hit shots. They are also a freshman and sophomore. That said I don't think they will be able to stop Luke. Covenant Christian had it's hands full getting passed Heritage Christian. Shenandoah would've beaten Heritage Christian by at least 20. We played both teams and they weren't even close. Maybe Heritage Christian was just a bad match up for Covenant Christian or maybe Covenant had a bad game. I'm not sure what happened but I'd put my money on Shenandoah in that match up. 

I hadn’t gotten to see either Christian but saw covenant beat heritiage easier in regular season ...shanandoah is probably my gold standard because they don’t have a hale brown or furst/burke like Stockton Blackford or Blackhawk they just have solid players top to bottom and play like a team.  You still helping at Daleville ? Or did you tell me you switched further south ?

blackford playing at 10 am is what worries me most if kids aren’t closing out on Wapahnis shots or if we play a soft zone they could take it to us ....if we shoot ok and have energy I like our chances 

8 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I hadn’t gotten to see either Christian but saw covenant beat heritiage easier in regular season ...shanandoah is probably my gold standard because they don’t have a hale brown or furst/burke like Stockton Blackford or Blackhawk they just have solid players top to bottom and play like a team.  You still helping at Daleville ? Or did you tell me you switched further south ?

blackford playing at 10 am is what worries me most if kids aren’t closing out on Wapahnis shots or if we play a soft zone they could take it to us ....if we shoot ok and have energy I like our chances 

Yeah I moved on to Pendleton and just finished my second season there. If Blackford can slow down Franks and Andrews from Wapahani they should be fine. The Henderson kid stepped out and hit at least 3 three's when Frankton went to a triangle and 2 so that could be a problem if Blackford plays a zone but like I said before I don't think they will be able to stop Luke. The early game can be odd for some kids though. 

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Yeah I moved on to Pendleton and just finished my second season there. If Blackford can slow down Franks and Andrews from Wapahani they should be fine. The Henderson kid stepped out and hit at least 3 three's when Frankton went to a triangle and 2 so that could be a problem if Blackford plays a zone but like I said before I don't think they will be able to stop Luke. The early game can be odd for some kids though. 

How’d you guys do ?  Yeah if Blackford plays zone we will wish we hadn’t because we do a poor job closing on outside shots I would like to see our better two outside defenders  man to man on the younger guards man to man the whole way .....they don’t have any dominate big kids or post players right?  

we have theee players that I would be shocked if they’ll be in bed before 3 am 

9 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

How’d you guys do ?  Yeah if Blackford plays zone we will wish we hadn’t because we do a poor job closing on outside shots I would like to see our better two outside defenders  man to man on the younger guards man to man the whole way .....they don’t have any dominate big kids or post players right?  

we have theee players that I would be shocked if they’ll be in bed before 3 am 

We had like 8 wins but it was a new head coach with a messed up off season. We ended up losing in the sectional semi final game 58-54 in OT but we've got our top 6 coming back and our freshman class this last year was really deep and pretty talented. So we should be pretty good moving forward. Wapahani has the 2 guards each scoring about 16 and then the Henderson kid is their tallest kid at 6'5 but he's skinny and not overly dominating inside or anything. He can knock down open 3's though. 

If I had kids staying up until 3 the day before a regional it wouldn't be much fun playing for me lol

37 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

We had like 8 wins but it was a new head coach with a messed up off season. We ended up losing in the sectional semi final game 58-54 in OT but we've got our top 6 coming back and our freshman class this last year was really deep and pretty talented. So we should be pretty good moving forward. Wapahani has the 2 guards each scoring about 16 and then the Henderson kid is their tallest kid at 6'5 but he's skinny and not overly dominating inside or anything. He can knock down open 3's though. 

If I had kids staying up until 3 the day before a regional it wouldn't be much fun playing for me lol

I couldn’t agree more ...I’m often shocked by the approach of some of today’s student athletes ( and their parents ) thanks for the info!

Very small number of tickets available for regional game sat morning M9TL39 is the ticket code on ticketspicket to get purchase access if you’d like go get in the door ! If they end up sold out and anyone is dying to go let me know and I’ll see if I can get some extras 

45 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Shenandoah up 23 in the fourth quarter 

I saw shanandoah destroying them ....after all the Indy talk about how convenant Christian would win that side of the bracket....shanandoah doesn’t have the best overall players but they are the best team I’ve seen in 2A as far as a unit ... Blackhawk losing to churrabusco ( not to jinx myself saying that ....of diminish busco, but i would rather play them if we advance to semi state )

47 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I saw shanandoah destroying them ....after all the Indy talk about how convenant Christian would win that side of the bracket....shanandoah doesn’t have the best overall players but they are the best team I’ve seen in 2A as far as a unit ... Blackhawk losing to churrabusco ( not to jinx myself saying that ....of diminish busco, but i would rather play them if we advance to semi state )

Covenant is pretty good but Shenandoah will be hard to beat the way they are playing right now.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

I saw Linton Stockton lost as well.

Yes not that the other teams in that quarter aren’t good but that’s a big hurdle out of the way to get shanandoah to state championship and if Blackhawk ( which is a bad matchup for my Bruins ) gets through that’s a heck of a rematch 

51 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Yes not that the other teams in that quarter aren’t good but that’s a big hurdle out of the way to get shanandoah to state championship and if Blackhawk ( which is a bad matchup for my Bruins ) gets through that’s a heck of a rematch 

Of course McCollough is making sure his team is taking it one game at a time but Shenandoah is pretty confident if they get a rematch with Blackhawk. Took them to overtime earlier even though a couple guys werent near full strength. Doah is playing much better now.

25 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Of course McCollough is making sure his team is taking it one game at a time but Shenandoah is pretty confident if they get a rematch with Blackhawk. Took them to overtime earlier even though a couple guys werent near full strength. Doah is playing much better now.

1. That’s the game that really made me a shanandoah fan ....I had seen many of their juniors and seniors through youth and junior high leagues and knew they were always good but that Blackhawk game was great 2. Coach knows what he’s doing 3. I would cheer for doah but still bet on Blackhawk ....shanandoah has two 6’4idj kids who work real hard but it’s going to take a crazy performance to get by them definitely would rather see a Blackford shanandoah rematch or THEIR overtime game