Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

13 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

MVP with 15 points and 7 assists against team George hill ....not sure of stats other three games ...they only let one family member in per player so casual observers had zero chance or I would have probably driven down Im sorry 

No worries, I figured they would have heavy restrictions. I'll take any info I can get, keep it coming and thanks.

54 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Is that the only game he played?

No but the team they played that game is the one that posted a stat sheet...they went 4-1 the team that beat them by 1 went on to win the championship and in the game they lost they had six players and were missing three starts including JR konicezney so In all likelihood they would have swept in dominant fashion with the full lineup ....brown averaged 24 points and 4 assists across the five games 

Good ol Deland Florida! That’s sum old Florida town right there.

Gonna be a serious adjustment for him in the level of b-ball interest for that school. There’ll be far more people at his home games in Blackford—Deland isn’t really near anything and I’m betting they get about 500 per game in the stands. Not a bad place at all, but a MAC school might’ve been a stronger b-ball fit.

PS: Best of luck to the young man!

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Good ol Deland Florida! That’s sum old Florida town right there.

Gonna be a serious adjustment for him in the level of b-ball interest for that school. There’ll be far more people at his home games in Blackford—Deland isn’t really near anything and I’m betting they get about 500 per game in the stands. Not a bad place at all, but a MAC school might’ve been a stronger b-ball fit.

PS: Best of luck to the young man!

I agree with you and with Toledo or bsu he would have probably added 1k Blackford people at most every home game and had some better looks for transfer opportunities ....the one thing I WILL say ....tuition room and board at Stetson =60k per year .....if you’re not gonna be a pro ball player there is at least ONE advantage 

9 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I agree with you and with Toledo or bsu he would have probably added 1k Blackford people at most every home game and had some better looks for transfer opportunities ....the one thing I WILL say ....tuition room and board at Stetson =60k per year .....if you’re not gonna be a pro ball player there is at least ONE advantage 

Yeah, Stetson is very expensive at list price, though almost nobody pays list price—they offer substantial $$ to most all attendees. It’s a pretty campus — lots of mossy old banyan trees. 

Hot as Hades in the summer, really nice in the winter.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yeah, Stetson is very expensive at list price, though almost nobody pays list price—they offer substantial $$ to most all attendees. It’s a pretty campus — lots of mossy old banyan trees. 

Hot as Hades in the summer, really nice in the winter.

I’ve not been on campus ...had a good buddy who’s dad went to law school there and he spoke well of the experience ....about an hour or two from my parents so maybe I’ll check it out in the winter for a game over the next 4 ( hopefully 2 lol)

14 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I’ve not been on campus ...had a good buddy who’s dad went to law school there and he spoke well of the experience ....about an hour or two from my parents so maybe I’ll check it out in the winter for a game over the next 4 ( hopefully 2 lol)

Fly to Orlando and take a left once you land—you’ll be there in an hour. It’s a surprisingly historic campus—very nice looking place!

An hour from Mickey/Minnie and 45 minutes from the Atlantic. That’s some old Florida country.

Im still thinking his biggest challenge in adjusting to Stetson will be that basketball is very much an afterthought—football country without any high school or college hoops interest.

It’ll either be a nice change for him to finally be just another kid on campus, or he’ll have trouble adjusting to being an unknown on campus. I think the basketball part will go well, but even for a great kid it’ll be hard to go from local celebrity to a school where no b-ball player is a celebrity. 

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Fly to Orlando and take a left once you land—you’ll be there in an hour. It’s a surprisingly historic campus—very nice looking place!

An hour from Mickey/Minnie and 45 minutes from the Atlantic. That’s some old Florida country.

Im still thinking his biggest challenge in adjusting to Stetson will be that basketball is very much an afterthought—football country without any high school or college hoops interest.

It’ll either be a nice change for him to finally be just another kid on campus, or he’ll have trouble adjusting to being an unknown on campus. I think the basketball part will go well, but even for a great kid it’ll be hard to go from local celebrity to a school where no b-ball player is a celebrity. 

That may have been part of it ...I think the Hoover’s loved the attention ...I’m not sure the browns ever did ...so does anyone know if the ASUN conference sells a tv package ?!?

That may have been part of it ...I think the Hoover’s loved the attention ...I’m not sure the browns ever did ...so does anyone know if the ASUN conference sells a tv package ?!?

Espn + and Espn3 should allow you to watch most the games. It also showed every conference tournament game last year except the finals which were on the regular ESPN channels. Probably catch some of their non con games on BTN, SEC, ACC networks depending on who they play

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Espn + and Espn3 should allow you to watch most the games. It also showed every conference tournament game last year except the finals which were on the regular ESPN channels. Probably catch some of their non con games on BTN, SEC, ACC networks depending on who they play

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I can cover most of that I have directv premier with sports pack I didn’t know if they had anything like the BTN or a subscription service ...thank you very much for the info