Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

2 hours ago, ray said:

He needs 1,073 points, if my math is correct. 

He currently has 2,061 points.

Freshman - 417 pts in 15 games

Sophomore - 805 pts in 23 games

Junior - 839 pts in 26 games

Blackmon has 1,565 points.

Freshman - 601 pts in 27 games 

Sophomore - 726 pts in 26 games

Junior - 238 pts in 8 games 

Both players sustained injuries that prevented them from playing three complete seasons, with Blackmon’s ruining any chance of catching Bailey. And with Covid-19, the three-decade long scoring record is likely out of reach for Brown (although, with a full season and a deep tournament run, anything is possible). 

Brown also averaged almost 8 assists per game this past season, and he has averaged just under 7 assists per game through his varsity career. I don’t care how big he is, how athletic he is, or if he’s worthy of a power conference scholarship, he’s still a whole lot of fun to watch.

Couldn’t agree more ray ...two amazing players in central Indiana who have each had bad luck Damon never did.  With Stroble graduating luke may be forced to score more ....the farthest they can make it is semi state ( can’t beat Blackhawk Christian ) and with the “ in season “ tournaments that means they could potentially play 30 games ( 29 if they get a first round bye in sectional )...by my math 36 points per game would break the record with 30 games or 37 per game exactly if they play 29.  Those numbers are hard but not impossible.  Blackford will be heavily favored in their sectional and would likely be a regional favorite as well so as long as they stay healthy he has a fighting chance .....I honestly don’t think it means that much to him though so game flow will have to dictate that he scores otherwise he will literally pass the record out the window racking up assists but I think creating is what he loves so can’t knock it 

5 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Couldn’t agree more ray ...two amazing players in central Indiana who have each had bad luck Damon never did.  With Stroble graduating luke may be forced to score more ....the farthest they can make it is semi state ( can’t beat Blackhawk Christian ) and with the “ in season “ tournaments that means they could potentially play 30 games ( 29 if they get a first round bye in sectional )...by my math 36 points per game would break the record with 30 games or 37 per game exactly if they play 29.  Those numbers are hard but not impossible.  Blackford will be heavily favored in their sectional and would likely be a regional favorite as well so as long as they stay healthy he has a fighting chance .....I honestly don’t think it means that much to him though so game flow will have to dictate that he scores otherwise he will literally pass the record out the window racking up assists but I think creating is what he loves so can’t knock it 

Even with 30 games, that would put Brown at 16 fewer games than Bailey played.

Brown has averaged 32.2 points per game in 64 games.  Bailey averaged 28.4 points per game in 110 games.

I still think it's likely unreachable, but had he played a full season his freshman year there would be a lot more hype about him potentially passing the record this season because it would only be asking him to score as much as he has in two previous seasons.  Then again, he averaged 35 points per game his sophomore year (one point per game shy of what you said he needs in 30 games), so it may still get interesting if they win in the post-season.

22 minutes ago, ray said:

Even with 30 games, that would put Brown at 16 fewer games than Bailey played.

Brown has averaged 32.2 points per game in 64 games.  Bailey averaged 28.4 points per game in 110 games.

I still think it's likely unreachable, but had he played a full season his freshman year there would be a lot more hype about him potentially passing the record this season because it would only be asking him to score as much as he has in two previous seasons.  Then again, he averaged 35 points per game his sophomore year (one point per game shy of what you said he needs in 30 games), so it may still get interesting if they win in the post-season.

Totally agreed ...it would be hard to imagine anyone playing consistently well enough to get to 110 career games because If your team is good enough to do that then you’re likely not getting big minutes as a freshman...what a testament to baileys leadership to do it PRE class basketball.

If brown stays healthy and Some of Their non layup games games during the season stay Close 37 isn’t an unrealistic number especially if winning requires a big scoring number from him.  He will also have to perform at a high level at new Albany and the hall of fame classic against top level teams.  Maintaining that average there would be impressive.

Even though we likely won't recruit Luke (though in my heart I kinda wish we would), I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Luke is what basketball in Indiana is all about. He loves basketball, from what I've read on here and elsewhere, he's a great kid and he works his tail off. It will be a long drive, but I'm gonna make it to a game somehow.

Even though we likely won't recruit Luke (though in my heart I kinda wish we would), I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Luke is what basketball in Indiana is all about. He loves basketball, from what I've read on here and elsewhere, he's a great kid and he works his tail off. It will be a long drive, but I'm gonna make it to a game somehow.
I agree. I've watched a lot players over here in Illinois that didn't/won't sniff a D1 program, but were a tremendous joy to watch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Well said ....it’s tough to not like the story even if you don’t think the necessary upside is there.  What part of the state are you in ? Blackford has away games at new Albany  and andrean and they play in the hall of fame classic at new castle and it features four excellent teams so at some point they are hitting north south and central area If that helps with the travel 

13 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Well said ....it’s tough to not like the story even if you don’t think the necessary upside is there.  What part of the state are you in ? Blackford has away games at new Albany  and andrean and they play in the hall of fame classic at new castle and it features four excellent teams so at some point they are hitting north south and central area If that helps with the travel 

About 20 miles west of Indianapolis.

17 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

About 20 miles west of Indianapolis.

They played Anderson prep at Anderson last year but honestly that wouldn’t have been nearly as fun of an experience ...you’re probably 1.5 to 2 hours from north Albany which should be a great game down south but if you only have time to make one I’d recommend the hall of fame classic at new castle it will be 60-75 minute drive for you but you’ll not only get to see brown for two games but you’ll also see Caleb Furst and a dominant Fort Wayne Blackhawk team as well as what I believe is the second best 2A team in shanandoah and the far and away best 1A team in Barr Reeve ( with Johnell Davis graduating from 21st century charter)....it will be a great four game series at the worlds largest high school gym 

3 hours ago, IUsafety said:

I plan on watching him at New Albany this coming year. It should be interesting because New Albany is down.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Really ? I didn’t get to follow them at all last year and haven’t check their roster since they announced scheduling With Blackford.  Someone told me they are always a packed 5k plus gym and That’s about all I know.  How down are we talking ?

I think New Albany was 14-10 last season. They return their best player in Kaden Stanton, a Sophomore point guard. He is quick but not very big. I’m not sure who will be their next best option. Julian Hunter was and he just signed to play with IU-Kokomo. New Albany does have a great following with a lot of long time season ticket holders. Even during the bad years, the gym is usually at least half full.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 5/14/2020 at 1:33 AM, IUsafety said:

I think New Albany was 14-10 last season. They return their best player in Kaden Stanton, a Sophomore point guard. He is quick but not very big. I’m not sure who will be their next best option. Julian Hunter was and he just signed to play with IU-Kokomo. New Albany does have a great following with a lot of long time season ticket holders. Even during the bad years, the gym is usually at least half full.

Sounds like it will be a fun environment and he’ll have a solid point guard to go up against ....im excited to get outside the regular circuit 

On 5/14/2020 at 1:33 AM, IUsafety said:

Next best option is Tucker Biven. 6' guard. Big time athlete 2nd ranked baseball player in the state, committed to UL. They also might be getting a 6'2 guard out of Louisville.  Those 3 would be VERY GOOD, but they'd lack some height. 

I’ll bet there will never be another player that gets both 70+ pages of posts and an offer from Purdue Fort Wayne :)

Definitely a record for a recruit that may never end up with an offer from IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Next best option is Tucker Biven. 6' guard. Big time athlete 2nd ranked baseball player in the state, committed to UL. They also might be getting a 6'2 guard out of Louisville.  Those 3 would be VERY GOOD, but they'd lack some height. 

Thanks for the insight ! What class is biven in ? Sounds like that could end up being a fun game then ?