Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

Blackford leading 40-30  brown is 6-8 from 3 and 2-3 from 2.  23 points and 4 assists in the first half.  Tayson Parker has my top ten Dunk of the year mark at around 6:50 of the second quarter 

How many points does Parker have? Is Brown guarding him?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

How many points does Parker have? Is Brown guarding him?

Brown has covered him whole game ...he has at least 24 that I have counted ...you should get the game on YouTube or watch the end recording Parker is an absolute athletic freak 

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kokomo media reported Parker had 34.

That has gotta be correct I was close to that number ...I was trying to keep track of shots but did a poor job ....he didn’t score AS efficiently as Luke but darn close ...I don’t think he took 20 shots to get the 34 and if so not many more.  He also couldn’t have been taller than 6’1 and he is absolutely explosive 

10 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

We could use that 3 point shooting

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

14-23 in his last two games ....of those 23 I counted 5 total attempts from the actual three point line ...the rest were beyond college range with several being 25-30 feet ....of the 64 total minutes of the last two games he was double teamed starting at 30 -35 feet for around 54 of those 64 minutes 

On 2/16/2020 at 8:33 PM, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Also Blackford will head south again next year for those of you in lower half of the state ....scheduled new Albany during Xmas break

Any idea who Luke is playing AAU with this summer. Saw that the Indy Heat and Indiana Elite rosters were announced today and he wasn’t on either one

2 hours ago, Kepner said:

Any idea who Luke is playing AAU with this summer. Saw that the Indy Heat and Indiana Elite rosters were announced today and he wasn’t on either one

Not sure I’ve seen it addressed here but maybe you all know more than I do about it, what is the story behind him dad pulling him off Indiana Elites main team last year in the middle of a tournament. His dad wanted him to be featured more so he pulled him off the team? Could be a big reason why the bigger schools haven’t pulled the trigger on offering him

3 hours ago, Kepner said:

Not sure I’ve seen it addressed here but maybe you all know more than I do about it, what is the story behind him dad pulling him off Indiana Elites main team last year in the middle of a tournament. His dad wanted him to be featured more so he pulled him off the team? Could be a big reason why the bigger schools haven’t pulled the trigger on offering him

Per a relatively well educated source :  Wanted to play for a different coach, with different kids and in a different system.  Nothing to do with his being featured.  He's featured plenty at his high school.  This is about broadening his game and his experience.   More off the ball, more using screens that aren't ball screens...change of scenery, etc.  

3 hours ago, Kepner said:

35 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Per a relatively well educated source :  Wanted to play for a different coach, with different kids and in a different system.  Nothing to do with his being featured.  He's featured plenty at his high school.  This is about broadening his game and his experience.   More off the ball, more using screens that aren't ball screens...change of scenery, etc.  

Original question is fair and the answer I would guess is pretty close.  I’d like to preface it by saying that tournament was one of the last two on schedule so he did play essentially the whole season. I’ve spoken with them and the sentiment I got was this:  they didn’t pull him off the team but they he been told one thing for that particular tournament about how the team would function or he structured and after a coaching change that tournament was handled completely differently than as was discussed.  When that was discussed post game the Indiana elite coordinators offered to send Luke to play an extra tourney with the 2020 gold team ( one year up one step down from platinum ) which is full of kids he played with previously.  
   Keep in mind the truth is likely somewhere between each extreme that’s been presented but I agree with the response that he’s featured plenty in high school , if you’re expecting him to be a scoring feature on a team with Kaufman and konisczney as well as the volume they Thompson shoots I don’t see how there are enough shots to go around.  I agree they wanted to see him work off ball some since he doesn’t do that in high school or much for 2021 ie platinum 

7 hours ago, Kepner said:

I’ll ask about the plan for spring /summer ...And post back tonight or tomorrow ...Blackford is playing southern wells tonight in what will be a snoozer ...tomorrow at wabash which should be a solid game if anyone is in the area

Original question is fair and the answer I would guess is pretty close.  I’d like to preface it by saying that tournament was one of the last two on schedule so he did play essentially the whole season. I’ve spoken with them and the sentiment I got was this:  they didn’t pull him off the team but they he been told one thing for that particular tournament about how the team would function or he structured and after a coaching change that tournament was handled completely differently than as was discussed.  When that was discussed post game the Indiana elite coordinators offered to send Luke to play an extra tourney with the 2020 gold team ( one year up one step down from platinum ) which is full of kids he played with previously.  
   Keep in mind the truth is likely somewhere between each extreme that’s been presented but I agree with the response that he’s featured plenty in high school , if you’re expecting him to be a scoring feature on a team with Kaufman and konisczney as well as the volume they Thompson shoots I don’t see how there are enough shots to go around.  I agree they wanted to see him work off ball some since he doesn’t do that in high school or much for 2021 ie platinum 

That’s a good point about the coaching change. Kristof Kendrick did have to step down after taking his position at Bradley during the middle of the AAU season. I’d bet that changed some things with how the team was utilized.

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

19 points against Southern Wells at home? Was he saving some points for Wabash tomorrow? 

Very fair question ....most games luke is absolutely soaked and exhausted ....last night it looked like he didn’t even need to hit the showers.  He only penetrated on drives in rare spots.  It was senior night and it looked to me like they had a goal to get quite a few shots for Hurd And  Dunnica ( who almost never played or shoot ) and then for Willmann to get a lot of points ( usually gets 6-10).  Also you’d never hear him admit it out loud but I think he wants the state assist title bad this year and I counted 11 last night which included two WIDE open missed layups by the Hoover boy and one more by willmann ....Hurd and Elam missed more than 10 open 3’s off of perimeter passes from the double team.  He could have very easily had 15-20 that game and I think that was the goal AND he knows he’s going to have much better guards chasing him tomorrow so he probably wasn’t as forceful driving the ball in a game he thought would be a W without him having to be aggressive.  Don’t be shocked if you don’t see the exact same against Burris and Anderson prep next week....the kid understands psychology and I the has a chance to get some 15-20 point games for the role players he will give up his points and the points title if he thinks it will have Guys rolling into sectional and give them a better chance to win