Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

7 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Agenda ...yes ....hopefully see Luke in IU colors 

derangement maybe  ....but not about basketball 

i May have a lot of posts but I don’t have 47 pages ....I think you have to come to grips with the fact that the kid is polarizing 

he seems to be either loved or doubted with not much room in the middle.  40-60% of people on either side of the argument.  That’s the reason for the extensive discussion.  There is no debate on Kaufman and Lander they are good solid recruits ...this one merits debate and I’ve seen good points offered from both sides.

Fair enough point - but why do you feel the need to quote and respond to every post in this thread? I don't mean mine specifically. Seemingly every post in this thread, big or small, for or against, is quoted by you and used to make the same/similar points over and over. Why?

I really don't get this thread. Generally, we are discussing players CAM is actively recruiting or at least showing interest in. I watched Brown play at least three times last year online. Fun player to watch and a great shooter and passer. At this point, CAM apparently is not interested. No amount of lobbying on a message board is likely to change that. From my perspective this seems excessive and a little cringe worthy. And, I understand that I am free to ignore this whole discussion so if it annoys me, that's on me.

I don’t follow this one ...what will be our plan ? sorry I may have missed a message 

Just selling him on playing in Bloomington close to home and in front of friends. For some it has worked, and others it hasn’t. But that recruiting approach has been the same as long as I can remember. I don’t expect us to do anything crazy. I hope we play the game to us an equal chance.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Fair enough point - but why do you feel the need to quote and respond to every post in this thread? I don't mean mine specifically. Seemingly every post in this thread, big or small, for or against, is quoted by you and used to make the same/similar points over and over. Why?

Honestly ? It’s simply a point of interest so I enjoy the discussion small or big ....I assume the same reason you post on various topics on this site because of your interest and enthusiasm for all things iu ....I really think you’re reading more into it or making it way more complicated than it actually is ...really didn’t mean to bother you specifically 

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

I really don't get this thread. Generally, we are discussing players CAM is actively recruiting or at least showing interest in. I watched Brown play at least three times last year online. Fun player to watch and a great shooter and passer. At this point, CAM apparently is not interested. No amount of lobbying on a message board is likely to change that. From my perspective this seems excessive and a little cringe worthy. And, I understand that I am free to ignore this whole discussion so if it annoys me, that's on me.

Excessive ...probably 

cringeworthy ....only to my wife 

I don’t entertain the thought that I personally would have any impact on recruitment positive or negative so please don’t get that idea ....I just enjoy the arguments from both sides of the fence 

2 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Any more updates on his latest MAC offer? BTB eagerly awaits.

I eagerly await the day this thread isn’t a permanent fixture atop my unread section.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That’s kinda below the belt isn’t it ? What offers did Leal have at this time between his sophomore and junior year ? He’s pretty widely considered a solid prospect now .....most non four and five star kids start with the mac the horizon etc and get late offers from power 5’s....I wouldn’t pretend Luke will be different but I will still take a bet with anyone that he gets a power 5 scholarship offer at SOME point 

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Just selling him on playing in Bloomington close to home and in front of friends. For some it has worked, and others it hasn’t. But that recruiting approach has been the same as long as I can remember. I don’t expect us to do anything crazy. I hope we play the game to us an equal chance.

Totally got ya know sorry I was off track ....I think they are recruiting Lander correctly I just meant I hope we have some others in mind to run the point after Robert if Lander does choose to go elsewhere 

That’s kinda below the belt isn’t it ? What offers did Leal have at this time between his sophomore and junior year ? He’s pretty widely considered a solid prospect now .....most non four and five star kids start with the mac the horizon etc and get late offers from power 5’s....I wouldn’t pretend Luke will be different but I will still take a bet with anyone that he gets a power 5 scholarship offer at SOME point 

Iowa off the top of my head and he was ranked in the top 125 at the time

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Iowa off the top of my head and he was ranked in the top 125 at the time

I thought that didn’t come till in junior season if I’m wrong I retract that specific example but you get my point.  The detraction started with him not even being d1 quality then the next argument was when he got bsu and Iona it was only two offers and one was not committable....now he has 8 and it’s yeah but no power 5 ....it’s the next to fall off the list ....what can I say im a sucker for an underdog  

I thought that didn’t come till in junior season if I’m wrong I retract that specific example but you get my point.  The detraction started with him not even being d1 quality then the next argument was when he got bsu and Iona it was only two offers and one was not committable....now he has 8 and it’s yeah but no power 5 ....it’s the next to fall off the list ....what can I say im a sucker for an underdog  

Iowa and Xavier offered after evaluating him during the summer before his junior year. They pushed for a visit and offered him on an unofficial visit. During that same time high major schools were present at his summer games tracking and evaluating. I know you don’t post anywhere else but this thread but recruiting info on Anthony Leal is in his thread. You could easily go back in his thread at this time last year and see the differences between the 2.
This will be an important Aug/September for Luke. The teams that tracked him during the summer will try to get him to get him on campus for unofficial visits or possibly official visits since he can take 5 as a junior now as well

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Iowa and Xavier offered after evaluating him during the summer before his junior year. They pushed for a visit and offered him on an unofficial visit. During that same time high major schools were present at his summer games tracking and evaluating. I know you don’t post anywhere else but this thread but recruiting info on Anthony Leal is in his thread. You could easily go back in his thread at this time last year and see the differences between the 2.
This will be an important Aug/September for Luke. The teams that tracked him during the summer will try to get him to get him on campus for unofficial visits or possibly official visits since he can take 5 as a junior now as well

Purdue is the only one that has tried to this point ....I’ll keep posting anything I hear ( to the chagrin if some apparently )

This thread seems to be polarizing. Kind of odd that anyone is upset about it really. 1) some people clearly are interested in this kid and his development whether Archie wants him or not 2) don't have to read every thread. There are a number of threads that I don't even open because it's either something I'm not invested in or I already know the basic tone of the whole thing. I agree on repetition/beating the dead horse but if you want to start regulating that then you'll have to eliminate about 25% of posters here. Live and let live unless some kind of rule is being violated. But that's just my opinion

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

The reactions from some are puzzling. If you don’t want to read the thread about Luke Brown, don’t open it. Nobody is forcing you to open it and poop on posters or the player

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Although I honestly don’t mind criticism of my viewpoint and genuinely enjoy opposing position and discussion thereon ...I definitely appreciate you’re more tolerant view of the forum !

Although I honestly don’t mind criticism of my viewpoint and genuinely enjoy opposing position and discussion thereon ...I definitely appreciate you’re more tolerant view of the forum !

You are clearly more invested in this kid than most but there are a lot of people interested in him, you aren’t the only one. I am one of those that is intrigued and want updates, only to open the thread and read complaints from people on the volume of updates.

8 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

You are clearly more invested in this kid than most but there are a lot of people interested in him, you aren’t the only one. I am one of those that is intrigued and want updates, only to open the thread and read complaints from people on the volume of updates.

Well thanks again and sorry to all who are put off by the topic and included discussion thereon