Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

On 9/21/2021 at 8:54 AM, pumpfake said:

Personally, I've just been a bit off-put because of a certain poster who pimped this kid relentlessly on two different IU message boards.  I mean, he nevr got interest frim IU much less an offer so why hundreds (it seems) of combined posts about him?

In fairness ….it was probably more than hundreds 

On 9/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, goonaha said:

Simply from the sanctimonious Gregg Doyel columns/propaganda pieces for the Brown family that would come demanding he play more, it's a "no" from me as well. Purdue takes fliers on 3 star kids all the time (see Brian Waddell and Braden Smith in recent classes) and stayed away. Tells you all you need to know. 

They didn’t stay away …Weddell’s spot is

the one brown said he wouldn’t wait for and that’s why they signed a smith because he’s the most similar player to brown in the 2022 class 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:30 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Word circulated he bailed on his AAU team.

On 9/22/2021 at 10:35 AM, Rico said:

Hmmmm....

So really he has only quit on 2 schools?  LOL

Interesting to say the least.  Seems he is getting "advice."  It will lead to him being labelled a "quitter."

On 9/22/2021 at 10:52 AM, Stuhoo said:

• I remember seeing some inflated Indiana Elite Gold stats for him posted by his board benefactor in the summer of '19 (23+ppg).
  • I then looked at a box score and saw no D1 teammates, and then realized that the big game with IE was with their 'B' team, not the Platinum 'A' team.

Usps later added the post above that summarized why he left IE.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:02 AM, HoosierCoop said:
  • Luke Brown is in the top 5 all-time leaders in scoring.
  • We all know Brown left for Blackford for the coach and Stetson???  Really??  Why go there in the first place?
  • Blackford would not have near the wins if they didn't have Brown (even in a lower competitive basketball region).
  • The future is not proven for him on a competitive, D-I basketball team.
  • There is a reason that Luke Brown has not been recruited heavily.
  • Luke Brown as an IU walk-on???
    • Embrace it or challenge it?
    • Would I be worried if I'm Galloway, Leal, or Lander with Brown behind me looking at my minutes as a walk-on?
      • From the standpoint of how well this team is put together and the minutes played are an absolute premium, I can see nothing good out of this.
  • Conclusion
    • CMW will work too hard to get this team back to relevance and this would be a huge locker room disruption.
    • This will be a No for me.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:40 AM, ap2345 said:

That's not accurate. He transferred moved into Blackford as a freshman. He was never enrolled at Brownsburg and was never going to go there. I don't count anything that happens in AAU because people move teams every time the wind blows for all kinds of reasons. He's quit on 1 team and who knows the real details on that. People just like to find ways to take shots at the kid for some dumb reason. 

Rico…do you think he means me ?

he was on the IE Platinum team with Kaufman-renn, hopf, etc.  they changed coaches 3/4 season and the new coach not only didn’t start him but hardly gave him any minutes in a big tourney with zero warning after he had started most games prior to the coaching change.  They asked if that was a permanent change and were told it likely was so they played the last two tournemebts with the gold team which IE covered the travel for.  That’s not quitting that’s taking what you’re given .

ap is exactly right that he never enrolled or intended to go to brownsburg and he moved to play for Jerry Hoover and with his cousins 

you guys are beating up on a kid that arguably did more with less than any other top 20 Scorer and her did it all while Being a good student and citizen.  You also carried on your whining and moaning for three whole pages without me making a single comment.  I made peace with him ending up somewhere other than IU a long time ago I think it’s time for you guys to let it go.  If you tuned into the indiana all star games and still weren’t convinced he can play with the best of 2021 I’m not sure you’re capable of being unbiased at this point.  

6 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Lol. Bruh. You're entire existence on this site is defending Luke Brown. And you're repping three different schools, lol. 

But cmon…they are the three best schools.  And that’s not entirely true , bruh.  I also enjoyed some post game discussions , the colson Montgomery, braedon smith , and Peyton sparks threads.  MAJORITY of my existence would be more accurate.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, Hovadipo said:

48+ hours after unlocking the thread and this ^ subsequent post, I’ve come to the realization that the joke may have not landed for some. 

Hey id line to point out 1. Thanks for giving me something to do in the off-season again and 2. It went three whole pages with me saying zip soooooo maybe it’s not ALL me?

On 9/22/2021 at 12:07 PM, Uspshoosier said:

People also find ways to pump up a kid that clearly is a non high major recruit and talk him up like he is a 5 star stud which is unfair to the kid and dumb also.   The grown ups around him did this kid 0 favors in the hype they caused.   Biggest hype for a kid from Indiana that his biggest offer came from 1 MVC team which was Indiana St.   0 offers from power 5 teams, Big East, A-10, AAC but yet hyped up like like a can’t miss and schools will regret passing on.   I’ve said from the beginning I will follow l  this kid and watch him wherever he goes.   This recruitment should be easy moving forward ball st, valpo, Indiana st, Evansville or Fort Wayne  if he wants to stay in state or maybe a team like Belmont takes a chance on him.  
for those interested Stetson had 2 young really good guards on the roster.  He was going to have to fight for playing time down in Stetson.   

hopefully the grown ups stay out of his way moving forward and he enjoys a college career.    I have no problem keeping this thread open until he chooses a school but after that it needs to die on its own like every other thread of a recruit that goes somewhere else or I will just lock it again 

Sounds fair 

On 9/22/2021 at 12:27 PM, Demo said:

And Gregg Doyel is still doing it. Tweeted during the Indiana-Kentucky series that if Brown isn’t a high major kid, than he, Doyel, must not understand what he’s watching.

Yup.

On 9/22/2021 at 12:54 PM, ap2345 said:

Doyel loves his hot takes

This is true …doyel does …but if you watched the games he fit the part 

On 9/22/2021 at 1:23 PM, Rico said:

Just what some people see when a kid leaves one district and moves to another for athletic reasons.  Right or wrong, it is just how it is.

True but I think that would be thr case if he moved somewhere with a history of winning ( a bar Reeve ) or a loaded roster he could fit in ( like a Blackhawk ).  He moved 1. To be coached by a relative and to play with relatives and 2. To a team that was 1-69 over the three previous seasons with a roster full of kids who wouldn’t produce a single starter on any other varsity team in the conference.

On 9/22/2021 at 9:21 PM, MikeRoberts said:

I don’t think anyone thinks he is coming to Iu. What I will say is that he is an Indiana kid that scored an obscene amount of points in high school and some like me will be interested to follow his college career and threads like this help keep some of us updated

Agreed …and along with those points he was 9th in assists ( only person in history to be top ten in both ) 4th points , 9th assiats, good citizen , good student, won’t be out worked by anyone.  I mean you’d think I was asking people to cheer for the patriots 

On 9/23/2021 at 9:28 PM, brumdog45 said:

Brown was the type of high school player who will always be legendary in the town he played in.  Blackford was 1 and 69 the three years prior to Brown playing there.  In the four years he played there, they were 77 and 25.

But it simply doesn't mean anything to college ball.  At the end of the day, guys that are 6'0", 165 pounds have to be pretty athletically gifted to get high D1 offers.

That’s fair 

On 9/25/2021 at 5:55 PM, brumdog45 said:

I hope he does well -- hope every Indiana high school player does well, regardless of where they end up.  But I don't think having an opinion on him not being a major player is really hating on him.

I don’t think he meant you