Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

2 hours ago, rcs29 said:

I personally don't care about this thread as to whether it stays or goes. That said the amount of traffic on this thread speaks to the interest that Brown generates. People want to either follow his path or hate on him. For someone so insignificant (as some suggest) he sure is polarizing.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Luke Brown is like "Hoosiers" but from an individual stand point with college "nay-sayers."  Will it have a Bryce Drew ending?  

I personally don't care about this thread as to whether it stays or goes. That said the amount of traffic on this thread speaks to the interest that Brown generates. People want to either follow his path or hate on him. For someone so insignificant (as some suggest) he sure is polarizing.

Well said

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On 9/24/2021 at 8:00 AM, rcs29 said:

I hope he does well -- hope every Indiana high school player does well, regardless of where they end up.  But I don't think having an opinion on him not being a major player is really hating on him.

18 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I hope he does well -- hope every Indiana high school player does well, regardless of where they end up.  But I don't think having an opinion on him not being a major player is really hating on him.

It does not, but there are hundreds of posts saying the same thing and mostly by the same people. It comes across that way when the same people repeat the same thing over and over and seemingly refuse to accept even the positive attributes the kid has

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Sounds like living in Florida was better in theory than in reality and Luke wanted to be closer to home. This is why I don't mind kids taking their time to make the best decision possible while going through the recruitment process.  

Just moving from a town and state that lived and died basketball, to a state that cares little about hoops, had to be a culture shock to a guy that has been big man on campus for years. Prior to COVID Stetson typically drew “crowds” of 300-500 per game. Realizing that no one on campus really gave a sh$t about basketball had to be a big adjustment (I’m not saying he is egotistical etc….as I have read he is a good kid but personally have no idea what he is like. Just saying it’s a lot more fun to be in a basketball environment).

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Sounds like living in Florida was better in theory than in reality and Luke wanted to be closer to home. This is why I don't mind kids taking their time to make the best decision possible while going through the recruitment process.  

Florida is a big state--Stetson is in Deland, Florida.

Kinda like looking up tourist brochures of Chicago, deciding you want to live in Illinois, and then arriving in Carbondale.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:10 PM, Stuhoo said:

At the risk of bringing the wrath of Hova, I'll add one more thing: His parents apparently moved to Northeast Florida to be near him as he started college.

While "to each his own" is true and there's no evil motivation that goes along with that decision, a big part of college is an 18 year old learning far more than academics or basketball skills. Young people at that age generally need to learn to live and function independently.

Get on a flight to visit the small town kid who moved out of state? Sure, and do so once a month for awhile. Move nearby? Ugghh.

I think i would typically agree with you but it’s a bit of a unique situation