Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

That's not accurate. He transferred moved into Blackford as a freshman. He was never enrolled at Brownsburg and was never going to go there. I don't count anything that happens in AAU because people move teams every time the wind blows for all kinds of reasons. He's quit on 1 team and who knows the real details on that. People just like to find ways to take shots at the kid for some dumb reason. 

Did he move from Brownsburg for basketball reasons?  

29 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

That's not accurate. He transferred moved into Blackford as a freshman. He was never enrolled at Brownsburg and was never going to go there. I don't count anything that happens in AAU because people move teams every time the wind blows for all kinds of reasons. He's quit on 1 team and who knows the real details on that. People just like to find ways to take shots at the kid for some dumb reason. 

People also find ways to pump up a kid that clearly is a non high major recruit and talk him up like he is a 5 star stud which is unfair to the kid and dumb also.   The grown ups around him did this kid 0 favors in the hype they caused.   Biggest hype for a kid from Indiana that his biggest offer came from 1 MVC team which was Indiana St.   0 offers from power 5 teams, Big East, A-10, AAC but yet hyped up like like a can’t miss and schools will regret passing on.   I’ve said from the beginning I will follow l  this kid and watch him wherever he goes.   This recruitment should be easy moving forward ball st, valpo, Indiana st, Evansville or Fort Wayne  if he wants to stay in state or maybe a team like Belmont takes a chance on him.  
for those interested Stetson had 2 young really good guards on the roster.  He was going to have to fight for playing time down in Stetson.   

hopefully the grown ups stay out of his way moving forward and he enjoys a college career.    I have no problem keeping this thread open until he chooses a school but after that it needs to die on its own like every other thread of a recruit that goes somewhere else or I will just lock it again 

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

People also find ways to pump up a kid that clearly is a non high major recruit and talk him up like he is a 5 star stud which is unfair to the kid and dumb also.   The grown ups around him did this kid 0 favors in the hype they caused.   Biggest hype for a kid from Indiana that his biggest offer came from 1 MVC team which was Indiana St.   0 offers from power 5 teams, Big East, A-10, AAC but yet hyped up like like a can’t miss and schools will regret passing on.   I’ve said from the beginning I will follow l  this kid and watch him wherever he goes.   This recruitment should be easy moving forward ball st, valpo, Indiana st, Evansville or Fort Wayne  if he wants to stay in state or maybe a team like Belmont takes a chance on him.  
for those interested Stetson had 2 young really good guards on the roster.  He was going to have to fight for playing time down in Stetson.   

hopefully the grown ups stay out of his way moving forward and he enjoys a college career.    I have no problem keeping this thread open until he chooses a school but after that it needs to die on its own like every other thread of a recruit that goes somewhere else or I will just lock it again 

And Gregg Doyel is still doing it. Tweeted during the Indiana-Kentucky series that if Brown isn’t a high major kid, than he, Doyel, must not understand what he’s watching.

Yup.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Yes but that doesn't really matter since it was before he entered high school. That happens all the time. 

To some, it would matter.  

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Yeah I don't see a legitimate reason as to why

Just what some people see when a kid leaves one district and moves to another for athletic reasons.  Right or wrong, it is just how it is.

55 minutes ago, Demo said:

And Gregg Doyel is still doing it. Tweeted during the Indiana-Kentucky series that if Brown isn’t a high major kid, than he, Doyel, must not understand what he’s watching.

Yup.

Well that's reasonable! Doyle gives us two clear options:

1. He's a high-major kid, or
  2. Doyle doesn't understand what he's watching.

Many would pick 'Option 2'

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Just what some people see when a kid leaves one district and moves to another for athletic reasons.  Right or wrong, it is just how it is.

At the same time he was never going to Brownsburg for high school and that was common knowledge. I'm pretty sure he was going to go to Bethesda Christian if he didn't transfer to Blackford and he only went their because of being related to Hoover as most people already know. 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I say Doyle is related to Luke...lol

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

He knows exactly enough basketball to get himself in trouble. He’s 1 of those guys who complains about coaches not making adjustments and he couldn’t spot an adjustment if it punched him in the throat. Unfortunately, that doesn’t make him rare.

9 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

48+ hours after unlocking the thread and this ^ subsequent post, I’ve come to the realization that the joke may have not landed for some

I don’t think anyone thinks he is coming to Iu. What I will say is that he is an Indiana kid that scored an obscene amount of points in high school and some like me will be interested to follow his college career and threads like this help keep some of us updated

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I don’t think anyone thinks he is coming to Iu. What I will say is that he is an Indiana kid that scored an obscene amount of points in high school and some like me will be interested to follow his college career and threads like this help keep some of us updated

That’s what the college basketball thread is for.   Old Indiana targets and Indiana kids that go elsewhere always get updated in that thread.  

Brown was the type of high school player who will always be legendary in the town he played in.  Blackford was 1 and 69 the three years prior to Brown playing there.  In the four years he played there, they were 77 and 25.

But it simply doesn't mean anything to college ball.  At the end of the day, guys that are 6'0", 165 pounds have to be pretty athletically gifted to get high D1 offers.