Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

At the risk of bringing the wrath of Hova, I'll add one more thing: His parents apparently moved to Northeast Florida to be near him as he started college.

While "to each his own" is true and there's no evil motivation that goes along with that decision, a big part of college is an 18 year old learning far more than academics or basketball skills. Young people at that age generally need to learn to live and function independently.

Get on a flight to visit the small town kid who moved out of state? Sure, and do so once a month for awhile. Move nearby? Ugghh.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

At the risk of bringing the wrath of Hova, I'll add one more thing: His parents apparently moved to Northeast Florida to be near him as he started college.

While "to each his own" is true and there's no evil motivation that goes along with that decision, a big part of college is an 18 year old learning far more than academics or basketball skills. Young people at that age generally need to learn to live and function independently.

Get on a flight to visit the small town kid who moved out of state? Sure, and do so once a month for awhile. Move nearby? Ugghh.

No wrath here, that’s an interesting move that seems pretty on-brand watching his HS career unfold from afar (see: from BTB).

Probably going to be a real kick in the pants when the parents don’t follow him back to Muncie though. 

I’ve never understood the negativity around this kid. He is known to be the hardest worker, absolute gym rat, solid passer, shooter… 

I’ve watched IU fans slobber over other recruits that can’t pass, shoot, dribble but ooze potential.

That hasn’t played out well for us. 

8 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I’ve never understood the negativity around this kid. He is known to be the hardest worker, absolute gym rat, solid passer, shooter… 

I’ve watched IU fans slobber over other recruits that can’t pass, shoot, dribble but ooze potential.

Cause he is a low major talent. 

38 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

When I was at IU I was also an absolute gym rat, a hard worker, and a solid passer.

Probably spent too much time at the HPER. Also drank too much beer.

9 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

For starters, this will be the third team the kid has quit on.  

11 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Personally, I've just been a bit off-put because of a certain poster who pimped this kid relentlessly on two different IU message boards.  I mean, he nevr got interest frim IU much less an offer so why hundreds (it seems) of combined posts about him?