Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

(2021) G Luke Brown to Ball State

23 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Do you think the freshman who's playing for Blackford will stick around after this season? 

That’s really tough to say...my immediate answer would be no he won’t.  I haven’t had a chance to spend any time or become aquatinted much with the wors family other than speaking in passing at games.  The browns were a little more social and I got to know them quite well.  With what I have to go on they moved both their kids here primarily to play with Luke.  If the younger Hoover boy was still here they would likely have a better overall team In two years than what they have now with Luke so that might have enticed them to stay but without any ties what so ever to the area I would be slightly surprised if they leave.  Just to restate though I don’t know them personally and could be off on that.  With attendance limited to family I may get to know them a little better this year so I’ll update if I learn anything.  I don’t think the kids a future d1 prospect and he’s already 16 as a freshman ( actually was before he even started school in august ) but I do think he will be an all conference type of player and maybe a second or third team all state type player as an upper classman depending where he ends up 

My understanding is some tickets will be made available at door for Blackford at new Albany ...Floyd county is “ orange “ so the game isn’t being limited to parents only.  New Albany just lost to Carmel but gave them a great game the whole way ( only 8 point loss ).  Should give you a good measuring stick on luke and on Blackford as a team 

1 hour ago, croneleoni said:

Just saw Blackford won by 1. Big win by them because New Albany is a tough team. What is Luke Brown's final stats?

Sent from my SM-G981U using BtownBanners mobile app

Thanks ! Sorry for the delay it was crazy and we had to get out and get to a hotel ....brown finished by my count with 31 but I could be off by two points either direction ...I counted five assists ...if anyone wants to watch the replay on the new Albany sports app it’s worth the ten dollars there were three lead changes in the last four possessions great game ....the piven kid for new Albany is unreal and is only a junior 

Thanks ! Sorry for the delay it was crazy and we had to get out and get to a hotel ....brown finished by my count with 31 but I could be off by two points either direction ...I counted five assists ...if anyone wants to watch the replay on the new Albany sports app it’s worth the ten dollars there were three lead changes in the last four possessions great game ....the piven kid for new Albany is unreal and is only a junior 
I think you might be referring to Tucker Biven and he's a great athlete on the court based on what I saw last year during a game. I've mostly seen him play baseball because my son was in the same little league growing up and it looks like he will be playing baseball at Louisville. I dread my son's high school team coming to play in their house. They have several athletic players outside of Biven. Pretty impressive on how Luke scored against a strong team.

25 minutes ago, croneleoni said:

I think you might be referring to Tucker Biven and he's a great athlete on the court based on what I saw last year during a game. I've mostly seen him play baseball because my son was in the same little league growing up and it looks like he will be playing baseball at Louisville. I dread my son's high school team coming to play in their house. They have several athletic players outside of Biven. Pretty impressive on how Luke scored against a strong team.

Makes total sense he looked like a great athlete.  Crazy he’s that high caliber in baseball and with all the dedication it takes to be that good he’s still an elite all around basketball player

13 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

maxpreps has Luke with 33 pts. 9 rebounds 4 assists and 2 steals

3 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

maxpreps has Luke with 33 pts. 9 rebounds 4 assists and 2 steals

I wouldn’t dispute those ...I was so into the game I did a poor job on mentally keeping ancillary stats like rebounds ....what might be most impressive is that he put up those numbers with only 17 shots from the floor while being covered by two defenders full court from the start of the second quarter on 

If my math is correct, Brown has scored 200 points in 6 games. I think he had 2,061 career points at the start of this season. 

Blackford is scheduled to play 24 regular season games. If they get to play all those games (big if; could totally see teams using the "abundance of caution" line to get out of playing them), then gets 3 sectional games and 2 regional games plus a semi state game, they would finish the season with 30 games played. I'm drawing the line at semi state because no one in 2A has a prayer of beating Blackhawk Christian. 

That would put Brown on pace for 1,000 points this season, and would bring his career total to 3,061, or just 73 points short of Damon Bailey's record. 

While I think it's unlikely he comes anywhere near Bailey at this point, it could still end up being closer than some realize. And if he hadn't been injured his freshman year, he would have almost certainly passed him at some point. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

If my math is correct, Brown has scored 200 points in 6 games. I think he had 2,061 career points at the start of this season. 

Blackford is scheduled to play 24 regular season games. If they get to play all those games (big if; could totally see teams using the "abundance of caution" line to get out of playing them), then gets 3 sectional games and 2 regional games plus a semi state game, they would finish the season with 30 games played. I'm drawing the line at semi state because no one in 2A has a prayer of beating Blackhawk Christian. 

That would put Brown on pace for 1,000 points this season, and would bring his career total to 3,061, or just 73 points short of Damon Bailey's record. 

While I think it's unlikely he comes anywhere near Bailey at this point, it could still end up being closer than some realize. And if he hadn't been injured his freshman year, he would have almost certainly passed him at some point. 

I agree with you on all counts : 1. No one is beating Blackhawk so semi state is the ceiling 2. That is  max estimate because they also could get a sectional bye and only have two sectional games 3. He missed 8 full games plus 3 quarters of the game he was injured in as a freshman , Blackford lost its first sectional game without him by six , with him they cruise and he gets one extra game then last year he missed both regional games and a probable semi state game.  You give him an extra 11-12 games and he beata the record by over 100 points and puts it in way out there territory ( he’s at 199 this year )

Happy holidays folks....I appreciate all of your passions (iu and otherwise ) and all the friendly ( and even not always friendly ) debates and discussions.  It’s been fun to follow the last few years.  Everyone enjoy your friends and family and go iu, go Blackford , go basketball in general

Hall of fame classic is on as of now.  As long as they remain orange SOME general entry tickets will be available at the door for non family.  Additionally there are some online purchase options.  Keep in mind if they switch to red non family May be restricted and you’ll have to travel to get your refund.  That being said they update color designations Wednesday at noon which means the first set of games will already be in progress so take that for what it’s worth.  All things considered Blackford vs shanandoah and Blackhawk vs barr Reeve should be as good a two game matchup as you’ll find in the state.  It will literally be better than the 1A and 2A state championship games as the sectional structure feeds and Blackhawk and barr Reeve are both top ten in coaches poll not considering class.  Barr Reeve took Carmel to overtime and Blackhawk took silver creek to overtime that game in particular should be absolutely fantastic on top of seeing brown Furst hopf graber and knepp individual performances.  If you can make it could be the best show of the year 

Blackford loses 74-73 in overtime luke with high 30’s or low 40’s ....several Blackford players missed free throws and had choke type turnovers ....first rowdy atmosphere and they didn’t handle it but it was a fun game  ( several shanandoah kids missed free throws also otherwise they would have won by more )