Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bigred3588

Inclined to Give Archie a Break

Need to see what race can do. I think moving him into the starting lineup in mcroberts place and take some rebounding stress off of juwan could help

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sounds like hw wont play alot from what archie said.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Promise no one at MSU saw that trajectory with Izzo at the time either.

Well, after the abysmal start, we won 2 B1G Titles outright and went to three Sweet Sixteens. Then it bottomed out completely. If Crean can get this program that far, Archie can absolutely do the same and better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Archie has to make some changes with his coaching philosophies before he would ever make it anywhere near the Final Four.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Did he have to make some changes when he took Dayton to the elite 8?

Was that Dayton team as bad as this IU team at 3s, effort, and free throws, etc? IMO he needs to make some changes to his coaching philosophie before he fields a team that can make it that far.  

For somebody who grew up watching Indiana basketball, it is painful to watch this team from the players who can't score to the coach who can't seem to devise a fluid enough offense to put the players in a position to score. Archie may have been a good coach at Dayton but he hasn't learned how to coach at this level yet. I bet I'm like a lot of fans--willing to give Archie latitude. But he has to make adjustments. This team doesn't lack talent--it has two of the best players in the conference. And some of the other players like Justin Smith were highly recruited. 

I think Archie has to make some changes with his coaching philosophies before he would ever make it anywhere near the Final Four.
Other tthan lack of adjustments I do not notice any fire or anger in Archie. In his press conferences i dont hear his voice raised, I dont hear kids being called out, etc. I never see him work the refs.

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I think this years team would be so much better if we had a McDermott or someone like that who can knock down shots. 

That would have made a huge difference and would particularly opened up things for Romeo, Morgan and Smith.

2 hours ago, IUrocker said:

I can’t imagine how frustrated Archie is with this team. I just can’t put the blame on him until his roster is completely full of players that he recruited himself that want to come and play for him and the system he’s trying to build. Crean’s recruits came to IU to play a different style of basketball and are being told to play a way that doesn’t fit how they hoped and thought their college basketball careers would be like. Not only are they most likely not the types of players Archie would go out and get himself, but they probably aren’t enjoying themselves at all and don’t want to HAVE to play the way Archie wants or how hard he wants. All they thought they signed up for was to come in, chuck up a bunch of shots, and get a deflection here or there......I don’t think it’s Archies fault that his rugged tough-minded personality isn’t rubbing off on Crean’s kids (Juwan is of course an exception)...These kids are who they are and aren’t gonna care what type of personality Archie has. If they don’t want to have to all of a sudden be that way when they never were in the first place then they won’t do it...it’s just not the type of people they are. There’s nothing wrong with the type of people they are at all, don’t get me wrong, it’s just that they don’t fit how Archie is and what he wants to be able to accomplish. It’s going to be up to Archie to recruit those rugged tough-minded kids that fit his mold and want to jump at the opportunity to play for him and his system....and I believe he will do just that. 

Really like this post! 

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

I maintain Archies offense isnt the biggest issue. We get shots. They guys not named Morgan or Langford cant hit the looks we get.

Agreed. We have guys that miss wide open shots multiple times a game. Those points add up and ultimately have made a big difference in our losses. 

Need to see what race can do. I think moving him into the starting lineup in mcroberts place and take some rebounding stress off of juwan could help

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archie wasn’t fired and you speak! Nice! I was for sure we lost you last night.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

CAM needs the roster to look something like this if there is going to be improvements next year imo.

Phinisee
Hunter
Thompson
TJD
Brooks
Franklin
Durham
Beverly
Anderson
Forrester
Moore?
Smith?
Green - Gone
Davis - Gone
With the remaining scholarship or two filled with impact grad transfers that fill the remaining needs determined by the coaching staff.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As long as this terrible play and negativity from fans dont kill recruiting archie can still win here. If we miss our main targets next 2 years it may be over before it got started for archie

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

We need to win these next two games in the worst possible way to get some confidence and momentum back. The game after those is at michigan state and we know how that usually goes.

We need to win these next two games in the worst possible way to get some confidence and momentum back. The game after those is at michigan state and we know how that usually goes.

Yep my wife and friends were planning a get away that weekend and going to the Michigan st game was a option. I said no way because I will be mad and ruin the weekend lol. So we got a cabin in Ohio and my wife said we can go watch the game at a bar but i seriously think i can probably miss that game cause nothing good going to happen there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app