Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - Game Thread - 01.22.19 - 9:00 ET

6 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I think this is the worst IU team I’ve ever seen offensively. That’s saying a lot. Archie needs to bring in an offensive coordinator........and my god, Romeo has no killer in him. He needs to know he’s an alpha and I’m not sure he does. 

I get that every draft service projects Romeo as a lottery pick. And I’ve heard posters crucify anyone who says he won’t be, because the NBA drafts on potential. But put me in the group that just has a hard time seeing an NBA star the way he plays right now. If they’re drafting on potential they better be willing to wait 3-4 years. Yes, he can get to the rim. But the NBA is a Golden State league where three point shooting reigns king. You can’t drive the lane against grown men. I’ll support his decision, but if he’s in a starting lineup before year four in the league I’ll be surprised. 

1 minute ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I get that every draft service projects Romeo as a lottery pick. And I’ve heard posters crucify anyone who says he won’t be, because the NBA drafts on potential. But put me in the group that just has a hard time seeing an NBA star the way he plays right now. If they’re drafting on potential they better be willing to wait 3-4 years. Yes, he can get to the rim. But the NBA is a Golden State league where three point shooting reigns king. You can’t drive the lane against grown men. I’ll support his decision, but if he’s in a starting lineup before year four in the league I’ll be surprised. 

My prediction is that if he leaves, we won't hear much about him next year, and he won't get a second contract with the team that drafts him.

This team is full of guys who are really good at missing open shots. I don’t think this is on Archie as much as some may think. We just don’t have knock down shooters at all. All of Justin Smith’s 3 point attempts have been completely wide open and every one of them looked ugly and couldn’t hit them. Need to recruit shooters so bad. I’m not comfortable putting this on Archie until the roster is 100% his guys who come to play for him and his system. 

Just now, IUrocker said:

This team is full of guys who are really good at missing open shots. I don’t think this is on Archie as much as some may think. We just don’t have knock down shooters at all. All of Justin Smith’s 3 point attempts have been completely wide open and every one of them looked ugly and couldn’t hit them. Need to recruit shooters so bad. I’m not comfortable putting this on Archie until the roster is 100% his guys who come to play for him and his system. 

That doesn’t excuse the broken defense

2 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I guess you haven't seen some of stiffs in starting lineups in the NBA.