Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Game Thread: Purdouche Edition

Just now, Magnanimous said:

This team sucked the year before Archie came, was pretty bad last year with Crean’s players, and has maybe two quality upperclassmen and banged up freshmen this year. I wonder why it wasn’t an instant turnaround Archie...

Asking to play hard 1 1/2 years into this is expecting “instant” turnaround?

Just now, Magnanimous said:

This team sucked the year before Archie came, was pretty bad last year with Crean’s players, and has maybe two quality upperclassmen and banged up freshmen this year. I wonder why it wasn’t an instant turnaround Archie...

There will be no quick fix, that's for sure.  As much as we're all sick of it, we need more patience.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Not really.  A point saying that Anthony Bennett was drafted way too high is a pretty pointless one.  No kidding there are misses in drafts.  

Romeo is getting drafted in the lottery and he'l have a nice career.  Do you want to argue he won't?

Depends on what you consider a nice career. I think he'll be fine and make a lot of money playing basketball, but I don't see him as a future all-star or anything. Guards with neither elite athleticism nor elite shooting ability have a harder time in the league. 

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

So where do you put him?

10 at best probably around 15 unless he fixes his shot. Most projecting him as a lottery pick are simply assuming he will fix his shot. His current game won’t work in the NBA without an outside shot

This game is terrible. Can't believe any of you are still watching it.
I turned if off three minutes into the 2nd half but followed the thread. The season has officially gone off the teacks. My interest level went from 100% preseason to about 20% now. Sick.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bgaines99 said:

This season is in a tailspin. I didn’t see this collapse coming from the team we saw in November and December.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The warning signs were there when we kept squeaking by bad/mediocre teams.

I want Archie to succeed as much as anyone, but this team clearly isn't well-coached.