Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Indiana vs Nebraska 1/14/19 6:30pm FS1

3 minutes ago, akinnaird24 said:

God.... this thread makes me want to delete the entire app. I usually enjoy seeing other’s perspectives, but calling for a coaches head halfway through his 2nd year is a bad take. We are in a rough stretch. Get healthy, hopefully make some adjustments, and get back on the winning side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It’s not about W’s and L’s as much as no adjustments being made to effectively use players with the talents of a Romeo or JM.  It’s absolutely fair to question a head coach in year 1 or year 30 who seems incapable of running anything resembling an offense besides just trying to force feed your post player or not giving your star guard any offensive scheme except giving him the ball and hoping he makes a play in iso.

2 minutes ago, akinnaird24 said:

Wasn’t meaning you! Just meant a lot of people in general. On here, Twitter, post-game press conference chat, etc.

Hoping for some positives on Saturday. The team and fan base need it badly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

For positives to happen change has to occur. These changes can come in many forms. It’s too short term to revamp a broken offensive system but Archie needs to start keeping the players who don’t contribute on D on the bench. Regardless of their name or experience level. 

I’m sure it’s not a popular opinion but I’m still on the Archie bandwagon...but tonight was tough.

Regardless firing a coach in less than 3 years has major ramifications for the future because no decent candidate will trust our administration to give them time to implement their system.

Tonight was ugly, but what can you really do when 3-4 of your competent 7 players can’t create their own shot? Defenders sag off Justin and McRob, Fitzner isn’t really a threat, and I don’t think rob is a great offensive threat yet either. I’m going to wait until next year to criticize.

Also sucks that we don’t get any continuity due to injuries. Seems like players just can’t get into a groove. Definitely need a shooter or 2 brought in next year. Franklin looks like he could help in that area.

2 minutes ago, akinnaird24 said:

Also sucks that we don’t get any continuity due to injuries. Seems like players just can’t get into a groove. Definitely need a shooter or 2 brought in next year. Franklin looks like he could help in that area.

I know he’s hurt tonight but why we aren’t trying to use Durham in that role is very frustrating. 

It’s not about W’s and L’s as much as no adjustments being made to effectively use players with the talents of a Romeo or JM.  It’s absolutely fair to question a head coach in year 1 or year 30 who seems incapable of running anything resembling an offense besides just trying to force feed your post player or not giving your star guard any offensive scheme except giving him the ball and hoping he makes a play in iso.

I would love more touches for Romeo and Juwan, but it also hurts not having many other playmakers. Watching tonight, Justin Smith ran around the perimeter quite often when he doesn’t even have a perimeter game at this point. Guys like Phinisee, McRoberts hardly put the ball up. I question most of DG’s shots. May as well key on Romeo/Juwan because those other guys will have a tough time scoring. Even more so if you can keep Romeo out of the paint. Idk why adjustments aren’t being made on offense. I’m frustrated as well with slow starts, etc.

I feel like Rob was really starting to get some confidence as well. Just think we were all calling him big shot rob and then he goes down. Now it looks like he’s not playing with confidence. He was about to really turn the corner I felt like and keep building to his game and then, he goes down

This team is ending up being a major waste of talent. Archie better get to fixin that offense or he won’t be around long.

If we lose the next three id say its lights out on the ncaa this year.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

What an absolutely disappointing performance against a very beatable Nebraska team at home. 
It’s clear our offense is broken. No idea if there’s even time to fix it this year. 
It was a must win game given the next three. Now they haveto win one at purdue or northwestern.

Beilein was 65-67 in his first 4 yrs at Michigan. Jay Wright was 52-46 his first 3 at Nova and then made the Dance year 4. Rick Barnes was sub .500 at Tenn his 1st 2 yrs, and now in year 4 he has them #3. Tony Bennett made the Dance UVA once in his 1sr 4yrs. Sometimes building a roster and culture that fits the Coach’s vision takes a minute. Not always and I’m  not defending Miller. I despise this team’s pace of play and the fact that he is absolutely married to his offensive structure when the pieces don’t fit is 100% on him. The skill development piece of the program was better under Crean. I don’t think that’s really arguable.
But Alford/Bailey is right. Anyone that looks at this roster at the moment, without Hunter and Thompson and with Davis hardly able to move, without an experienced starting PG, with an injured McRoberts getting minutes when a healthy McRoberts shouldn’t be able to, and thinks this team is ready to be a 2nd weekend tournament team is either, 1) flat out stoned, or, 2) doesn’t know what they’re looking at. Currently this roster is Langford, Morgan, and a group of mismatched role players. They can get better, but right now they’re required to do more than they are ready or able to do. This team has to compete like hell to win. Tonight they didn’t. 
Davis was never going to be healthy this year and we knew that. In fact i thought the talk was redshirting. So we needed a big body grad transfer not a role player from st marys. That was a big mistake.

4 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

It was a must win game given the next three. Now they haveto win one at purdue or northwestern.

We MUST win at Norhwestern. At PU Morgan will get his second foul within 5 minutes and we will get smoked unless Romeo and Rob happen to go off. 

I'm just going to go ahead and say it.  Archie Miller teams are garbage. Archie MIller coaching is garbage.  We consistently start games unprepared.  That's garbage.  We consistently underperform against every team.  That's garbage.  We don't seem to have a successful gameplan against anybody.  That's garbage.  I'm f'n tired of it.  We will be garbage as long as he's here.
Dammit.  Damn all of you that thought he was a good hire.  Your opinion was garbage.  Dammit, I'm really pssed.

Chill out Joshua. Anger is garbage.

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If I coached a team that comes out flat in almost every damn game, you could bet your bottom dollar I would start 4 or 5 different guys until I found 5 that came out hungry every single contest and play hard.

It’s not that difficult. And screw their egos. They need to realize that playing casual and laid back isn’t working.

Sickening.

I agree in principle, but a different starting five won't help if they can't make shots. Tonight, no matter who played, we couldn't make shots.