Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Michigan - 1/6/19 @ 4:30 ET

Momentum killer 15:40 to go down 9, Morgan fouls iggy on a 3 he missed. He hits all 3. Next play down Morgan’s layup spins around rim and out

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Yeah that was certainly a killer. Morgan has to be smarter there on the foul.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Id love for Justin Smith to score more. Thing that worries me about Justin is he seems to have bad hands and thats a tough thing to fix.

Oh no!  Not another afflicted with the heartbreak of:

Image result for hanner perea drops ball

12:19 down 9 they reset shot clock after IU forces ball out of bounds. Smith didn’t have possession. It went out on smith. Should of been 1 sec left instead they get 30 and score

On first look, I thought the ball hit the underside of the rim from the layup attempt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12:19 down 9 they reset shot clock after IU forces ball out of bounds. Smith didn’t have possession. It went out on smith. Should of been 1 sec left instead they get 30 and score

Was that on Simpson's layup attempt? If so I was wondering the same thing as I never seen the ball hit the rim. Pretty sure that's what they claimed though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Id love for Justin Smith to score more. Thing that worries me about Justin is he seems to have bad hands and thats a tough thing to fix.

He doesn't seem to understand how athletic he is and disappears for big parts of games. Almost seems hesitant, and that hesitation leads to bad shots and unforced turnovers.

Along the lines of momentum killers, that running hook by Simpson where JMo tried to get around Teske but Teske lifted his arm and caught JMo on the side of his head. Simpson had an open layup. The official was looking right at it and ignored it.

The moving screen that was called every fifth possession early in the season is now obsolete. If that's not a moving screen or flagrant I'm not sure what is.

This team is a grind it out team. They showed fight being down double digits for a majority of the game. I see that as a positive and will win games we shouldn't (as they have already done this season).

I can envision Maryland getting frustrated and us hanging in with a chance to win late. That's the same type of game I see at pu too. I think against Nebraska we actually have a breakout game where we lead a majority of the game and win comfortably, in our current standard.

Speaking of the hook shot - really an impressive skill to have, especially for a guard.  I thought the little hook Moore put up in the first half looked like he's been working on it (nice form).  He needs to start making them.

On the subject of bad hands, it reminds of one of the best message board user names from a while back: "Handsofblab"

As usual I can see both sides to this. Mr. Smith is probably right that our offense is a bit restricted and Romeo and Juwan taking the vast majority of the shots.

However that is probably the ideal circumstance. It seems to me though that Green and Durham take shots casually as well.

Problem is, many of Smith’s scoring efforts have been abysmal attempts and I can see why Archie is trying to harness this.

So we are playing pretty much a six man rotation and a parent of one of those 6 isn’t even happy. Imagine what the other 6 players parents feel who aren’t even playing.

Coaching is so hard. You just can’t please everyone. Impossible.

Just now, Alford Bailey said:

I think Smith has the potential to play in the NBA. Weve all seen flashes of brilliance. BUT he seems more often than not to be over thinking things or not have his head in the game at all for stretches. 

Ball handling and 3 point shooting needs to be a focus. If he does those he could be a beast.