Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

The Ola Depot

Mike DeBord Retiring

12 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I would be happy with Henson. He did very well his first two season as the OC at Missouri. Not sure what happened in 2015 though. They were awful offensively that year. He's known for his recruiting prowess as well.

Me too, but at this point, I'm not picky. We need to get an offense put in soon for spring ball.

1 hour ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I would be happy with Henson. He did very well his first two season as the OC at Missouri. Not sure what happened in 2015 though. They were awful offensively that year. He's known for his recruiting prowess as well.

Mixed feelings on this. I follow some Mizzou football and Henson did fine in two of his three years there.  He had some nice pieces in place so nothing great. It stood out to me that no one pursued him after his Mizzou gig was done. Found that kind of strange. 

6 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Mixed feelings on this. I follow some Mizzou football and Henson did fine in two of his three years there.  He had some nice pieces in place so nothing great. It stood out to me that no one pursued him after his Mizzou gig was done. Found that kind of strange. 

The one bad year was when their quarterback was suspended like twice during the season and eventually kicked off the team. Also, there was a big racism scandal at the school that year that eventually led to protests and issues in the locker room. 

13 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I can understand that. I don't know the timing of everything at Mizzou. I know his HC came down with cancer which prompted the change in the first place. Could be he has issues, could be that he just wasn't entertaining all offers. Some guys are more patient than others and it's clear he knew he could always come home to OK St for a job. That's my first reservation on him...what happens if/when OK St asks him back for their OC job? I don't want our program to be a stepping stone location. I think Allen needs to park his pride and give Canada the reigns if he in fact wants it and is willing to stick around. 

1 hour ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I can understand that. I don't know the timing of everything at Mizzou. I know his HC came down with cancer which prompted the change in the first place. Could be he has issues, could be that he just wasn't entertaining all offers. Some guys are more patient than others and it's clear he knew he could always come home to OK St for a job. That's my first reservation on him...what happens if/when OK St asks him back for their OC job? I don't want our program to be a stepping stone location. I think Allen needs to park his pride and give Canada the reigns if he in fact wants it and is willing to stick around. 

Yes, Barry Odom, the Mizzou coach now, who was on staff then under Pinkel as the DC didn't retain him. I'd agree on Canada. Honestly, I think he is the better pick here if he stays a while and they can come to terms on the coaching staff issue (which we really don't know much about). 

1 hour ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

The one bad year was when their quarterback was suspended like twice during the season and eventually kicked off the team. Also, there was a big racism scandal at the school that year that eventually led to protests and issues in the locker room. 

You are completely right on the QB situation. The new QB that came in was a darn good one, Drew Lock, but he was only a Frosh with no experience. The football team getting involved in the protests happened at the end of the year and just made the downslide worse but the writing was already on the wall that the team stunk. 

5 hours ago, barrettballer said:

https://goprincetontigers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=6519&path=football

Found his profile for those interested. Princeton OC/QB coach

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Sign me up for this. Much more exciting hire than a Henson. Someone you know would be hungry and very motivated. The only risk is if he succeeds how long he would be in Bloomginton but we shouldn't have that mindset or else we will never get anyone promising with potential.