Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

The Ola Depot

Mike DeBord Retiring

3 hours ago, Hoosier116 said:

Definitely starting to feel that way. Never thought it would take this long. Here’s to hoping it leads to the right man

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They also waiting until after college coaching changes and now then NFL frenzy has hit so it seems like the busiest time ever to look for someone. I am surprised how silent and quiet the whole thing has been

Don't know if Matt Canada turned them down or they didn't offer, but he had been linked to the Pitt gig. And now, it's another job he won't be getting. Instead, Mr. Whipple is headed to the Steel City. I wonder if Canada is holding out for Northern Illinois' top job? (although according to some ESPN guru, he's not in their top three)

Don't know if Matt Canada turned them down or they didn't offer, but he had been linked to the Pitt gig. And now, it's another job he won't be getting. Instead, Mr. Whipple is headed to the Steel City. I wonder if Canada is holding out for Northern Illinois' top job? (although according to some ESPN guru, he's not in their top three)

[/url]  

Wow I would guess that he has to be holding out for the NIU gig too. He seemed a shoe in for the Pitt OC spot. The silence behind this hiring is insane to me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Does he circle back, tail between legs, if he doesn't get it? I'm interested to hear some insight regarding our short list.

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

Who would want the job? Allen isn’t exactly a proven coach and the program has zero momentum.

Pipe down Debbie - there's plenty of room for improvement with decent and increasing talent which is a great opportunity for a young coach to make a name for themselves.

6 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Pipe down Debbie - there's plenty of room for improvement with decent and increasing talent which is a great opportunity for a young coach to make a name for themselves.

Canada is the only name Ive heard mentioned. Pretty quiet right now.

2 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Canada is the only name Ive heard mentioned. Pretty quiet right now.

I reached out to a few of the best writers on Twitter and got a DM from one that IU has only interviewed two people so far. One was Canada and the other was a “big 12 assistant”. This writer also said the last week, it’s gone silent on IUs end when before there was a lot of talk going on. 

I reached out to a few of the best writers on Twitter and got a DM from one that IU has only interviewed two people so far. One was Canada and the other was a “big 12 assistant”. This writer also said the last week, it’s gone silent on IUs end when before there was a lot of talk going on. 

Big 12 assistant was probably the o-line coach from Oklahoma State who I heard was mentioned as the back up plan to Canada a week or so ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Josh Henson

Josh Henson

Josh Henson

• A two-time selection as one of the top 25 recruiters in the nation, Josh Henson returned to his alma mater in February of 2017 to coach the Oklahoma State offensive line. A four-year letterman at Oklahoma State from 1994-97, Henson has 20 years of coaching experience to his credit, including serving as offensive coordinator at Missouri under Gary Pinkel and serving as recruiting coordinator and tight ends coach under Les Miles at Oklahoma State and again at LSU. Included on his career résumé are the 2008 national title at LSU, a pair of LSU recruiting classes that were ranked in the top 10 nationally and back-to-back SEC East titles from his time at Missouri.

• Despite having to field seven different starting offensive line combinations in 2018 because of injuries, Henson’s group helped pave the way for a Cowboy offense that ranked in the top 15 nationally in scoring offense, total offense, passing offense and first downs. Additionally, the Cowboys ranked second in the Big 12 in rushing offense (190.3 yards per game), rushing touchdowns (30) and rushing yards per carry (4.8). The rushing yards per game and rushing yards per attempt numbers are the best for an OSU team since 2012. OSU had four games with 200 or more yards rushing and led the Big 12 with 28 rushing touchdowns that were scored from within the red zone.

• Henson’s offensive line helped pave the way for one of the best team rushing performances of the Mike Gundy era (2005-present), when it opened up holes for a 431-yard rushing day for the Pokes in the 2018 season opener against Missouri State.

• After serving in the role of offensive analyst under Mike Gundy in 2016, he accepted a job as assistant head coach/offensive line and run game coordinator at Arizona State in January of 2017 before coming back to OSU in his current role.

• In 2017, Henson coached seniors Zach Crabtree and Brad Lundblade and sophomore Marcus Keyes to first-team All-Big 12 honors for the first time in their respective careers. Henson’s offensive line paved the way for a Cowboy offense that led the nation in passing offense, ranked second nationally in total offense and first downs, ranked third nationally in pass efficiency and ranked fourth nationally in scoring offense. The Cowboys of 2017 allowed 24 sacks. In the three previous seasons to Henson taking over the offensive line, OSU had allowed an average of 34.7 sacks per season.

• In 2017, the Cowboys became the first offense in Big 12 history with a 4,000-yard passer (Mason Rudolph), two 1,000-yard receivers (James Washington and Marcell Ateman) and a 1,000-yard rusher (Justice Hill).

• As a player, Henson was a standout offensive lineman for the Cowboys who logged 37 starts over his four-year career. As a senior in 1997, he was a second-team All-Big 12 performer and was a leader for a Cowboy squad that went 8-4 and finished second in the Big 12 South.

• After graduating in 1998 with a degree in secondary education, Henson went straight into coaching, serving as a high school football coach in Kingfisher. In one season at Kingfisher, he helped guide the Yellowjackets to the Oklahoma state semifinals.

• He returned to OSU as a graduate assistant in 1999 and was elevated to tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator in 2001. As recruiting coordinator, Henson played a key role in OSU’s 2003 signing class being ranked No. 15 in the nation by Rivals.com. A year earlier, Rivals.com rated the Cowboy class as the 26th-best in the country.

• When Les Miles left Oklahoma State for LSU, he took Henson with him to Baton Rouge and Henson again served as tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator. As LSU’s recruiting coordinator, Henson assembled a pair of top-10 recruiting classes in 2006 and 2007 that helped the Tigers win the BCS National Championship in 2008. For his efforts, Henson was ranked as one of college football’s top 25 recruiters in 2006 and 2007 by Rivals.com.

• Henson moved on to Missouri in 2009 and during his time at Mizzou, he coached the Tiger offensive line before being elevated to offensive coordinator in 2013. As offensive coordinator, he helped the Tigers to a trip to the Cotton Bowl at the end of the 2013 season and an appearance in the Citrus Bowl at the end of the 2014 season. From 2013-15, four of Henson’s offensive linemen from Missouri were drafted into the NFL.

• Henson had five offensive linemen from his time at Missouri on active NFL rosters during 2016-17 season.

• In Henson’s first year as offensive coordinator, Missouri ranked 13th nationally in scoring (after ranking 80th in 2012) at 39.1 points per game, 16th in total offense (96th in 2012) at just under 500 yards per game, 16th in rushing (88th in 2012) and 34th in passing efficiency, a year after ranking just 103rd nationally in that category.

Personal
• A native of Tuttle, Okla., Henson and his wife Shauna have a son, Will, and a daughter, Kate.

Year By Year    
Year School Position
1998 Kingfisher HS Assistant Coach
1999 Oklahoma State Graduate Assistant
2001-04 Oklahoma State Tight Ends/Recruiting Coordinator
2005-08 LSU Tight Ends/Recruiting Coordinator
2009-12 Missouri Co-Offensive Line
2013-15 Missouri Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line
2016 Oklahoma State Offensive Analyst
2017-present Oklahoma State Offensive Line

On 1/16/2019 at 10:17 AM, Chris007 said:

Josh Henson

I would be happy with Henson. He did very well his first two season as the OC at Missouri. Not sure what happened in 2015 though. They were awful offensively that year. He's known for his recruiting prowess as well.