Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

yogisballin

If we were to leave Adidas. Who is your pick?

6 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Incorrect.  I was not aware of Adidas' backing of Kanye.  But good guess.  (My answer was Under Armour. Who do they back?)

That begs the question why you didn't know. "I can not possibly support companies that make political statements but I will do absolutely no research to ensure I don't". 

And UA has been knee deep in the Kap controversy just like Nike. 

New York City has more people than the entire state of Indiana. Which market do you think Nike cares about? Nike isn’t making a business decision fearful that the people of a moderately populated, low income state might get their feelings hurt.

Very true but Indiana university is located in Indiana and the question herein was about Indiana and which brand the school/fans should switch to if we left Adidas. I think some people would be opposed to Nike due to recent political statements.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not worried about red or blue, only Cream & Crimson (note: the previous statement was neither for nor against anything red or blue oriented, political or otherwise (except UK) simply the result of a 47 year old think it's funny to make dad jokes)

If we left Adidas we should go to whoever offered the best deal, period.  Companies are going to make political statements whether it's with endorsements or lobbying/paying congressmen.

I don't really give a crap what logo is on our shoes or uniforms, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Nike and Adidas were made side by side in the same third world sweat shop.  I usually buy Nike because they're usually comfortable, although my current shox not so much but my past shox were.  I've had one pair of Under Armor and they weren't very comfortable, granted that was years ago so maybe they've improved.

I'm not sure it really makes that much of a difference to recruits, but if I picked solely based on that I'd go Jordan Brand.

Is it bad that I’m not a fan of really any big time companies. Lol. Nike’s products have gone to the crapper and I think adidas is far more superior than what Nike is putting out. Now they don’t have the money like Nike, but as a consumer and seeing where adidas is trying to go I’d prefer them haha. No changes please. If we do heck let’s go with puma haha 

22 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I'm hoping adidas reboots the Reebok brand in the US so that IU can wear Reebok Pumps.

63885c1f82781a5efd568b6a61d0b8a9.png

Lol I had a pair first addition and traded them for a nostalgic college plaque. I remember one of the air sacks in the tongue wouldn’t stay inflated.

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

Well his kids ended up not being good soo... Lonzo is easily the best if the 3 and is just a role player in the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I think Lamelo has shown recently some pretty darn good court vision. And now he's grown to 6'6 some are saying 6'7. I'm rooting for the kids but the dad now, you can have him. 

Nike and Jordan easily have the coolest shoes, imo. I think with Puma’s recent investments at the NBA level they could be an interesting options for basketball schools going forward, plus, although 99.9% of my soccer knowledge comes from playing FIFA on Xbox, I’m pretty sure Puma is a big name in the soccer world as well(IU’s best sport right now).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners