Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

yogisballin

If we were to leave Adidas. Who is your pick?

If IU were to ever get away from Adidas for some reason or another. I know, we are tied to them for some years to come. Who would you like to switch to and why?

Nike?

Jordan Brand?

Under Armor?

Puma?

Adidas?

I have attached a link from a Forbes article that was written in August of 2015. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakewilliams3012/2015/08/20/indiana-adidas-partnership-still-signals-win-for-nike/#36866c43282c

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I don't care who it is. Sponsors of the team are way down my list when it comes to Basketball.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thought it would be a nice topic of discussion. We are at a long break between games and would like to find something to talk about. 

We should become the premier program for the re-entry of Converse into the competitive athletic shoe market! ; ) BK steered away from slime and undue influence, so had those kids in Converse WAY past their prime of coolness. (I know, Converse is owned by Nike now).

2 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Mine would be with Jordan. I don't know why necessarily. Just always thought it was cool. What you have against Nike?

I don't like big companies that make political statements through sports and entertainment.  Nike is a behemoth and Indiana is no more important to them than any other school would be.   Adidas has treated Indiana like a very important client for the entirety of their sponsorship of Indiana going back to the 1970's.

Generally though, I watch and follow sports to get away from politics and "news."  Nike does way too much political activism for my taste.

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

And I am discussing it with my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you don't care and it's unimportant to you, then why reply at all? I don't get the need to add something blatantly negative and trollish. There are plenty of ways to say that it's unimportant to you in a constructive manner.

51 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

I’m in the “Anyone but Nike” camp because of Kaepernick. I quit buying their stuff as soon as that deal was struck. Everyone has to deal with the consequences of their decisions, including Nike.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm a big fan of freedom of speech , so your implied argument that it should be punished sways me towards Nike.   That said, I don't like the never ending flow of pajama like crazy schemes they, and also Adidas, are rolling out for various teams.  So I'd go with Under Armour.