Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Anyone that was at the game....did AJ get to hear the chant and make him well up?

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

He was announced but the PA announcer screwed it up; it was hard to understand him and he got some facts wrong “blocked Carlos boozer in the win against Kentucky” etc.

The biggest applause came from the non student sections as many students don’t remember him and understandably so, he was a bulldog but he wasn’t Jared Jefferies. History only remembers the stars

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I'll tell my Moye story.  I was at Nicks (go figure) sometime between 03' and '05, and Moye was there.  I was just drunk enough to ask him some questions, and he was apparently in a state to answer them.  I asked him what he thought of Mike Davis coaching that team.  He said "It's like if you gave a million dollars to a 10 year old."  

That's a pretty good analogy for that experiment.

58 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I'll tell my Moye story.  I was at Nicks (go figure) sometime between 03' and '05, and Moye was there.  I was just drunk enough to ask him some questions, and he was apparently in a state to answer them.  I asked him what he thought of Mike Davis coaching that team.  He said "It's like if you gave a million dollars to a 10 year old."  

Well said AJ lol!

1 hour ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Based on his Instagram it sounds like we've (and by we've I mean Archie and his staff) made a big impression on Moye and he intends to be back. Maybe more involved overall, although he seems to keep quite busy with his own life. Still made it clear his love for IU and it's fans never changed. I just don't think he supported the decisions (maybe moreso the coaching) the program was making. It feels like a lot of former Hoosiers felt that way. Hopefully AJ is the first of many to make their way back to the Hall and the campus in general.

I rewatched the game (as I normally do when nothing is on the TV....lol), but tried to make it a point to watch moments of him behind the bench when IU scored.  You could tell he loved every bit of it and was really into the game.  One of my all time favorites for sure!

5 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I rewatched the game (as I normally do when nothing is on the TV....lol), but tried to make it a point to watch moments of him behind the bench when IU scored.  You could tell he loved every bit of it and was really into the game.  One of my all time favorites for sure!

Maybe we can slip him in a jersey for a few minutes and send him out there without anyone noticing

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

One of my all time favs! Hope we can get him to Indiana at some point in his career.  Lots of charisma!