Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

I'll say it now. I want Leal over our other 2020 targets. Maybe it's my Indiana bias, but I think he's better than Morton. Seems self assured. If he keeps putting up games like this he'll force Archie's hand. 

If Archie is locking down the border, it almost forces his hand here. Leal appears good enough to be on the roster, and for his recruiting strategy he’s an important one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

If Archie is locking down the border, it almost forces his hand here. Leal appears good enough to be on the roster, and for his recruiting strategy he’s an important one.

Not to mention looks to be the favorite for Mr basketball. Although more open than previous years. 

HE CAN SHOOT! AND HES 6"5! AND HES FROM BLOOMINGTON!

This shouldn't be hard. Give the kid an offer NOW!

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Chillllll

I’m in a different place on this. To me, locking down the borders isn’t getting every good in state player. It’s getting every good in state player that you want. Romeo, TJD, Brooks, maybe Lander, they’re   high profile, must get kids from a strategic perspective. Those kids can’t get poached.  A kid like, say,  Franklin may help that narrative, and I’m glad he’s coming, but he’s not fundamental to it. At this point, it seems the staff views Leal more like that. 
1 other point: If it’s true that Leal would jump on an offer, then you can’t really offer him until you are certain he’s your best option. If Archie wants, say, 2 guards in ‘20, and he views Morton, Love and Burnett as clearly better, than you can’t offer Leal until you’re out on at least 2 of them. Haven’t seen any of these kids, seeing Love next Saturday, but it’s pretty obvious that Archie sees options other than Leal at this point. But if the kid keeps putting up 38 on people, he’s gonna play himself into the best option.

Totally agree with all of this, it just seems that 2020 in-state isn’t very strong. Leal may be the only one.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, Brass Cannon said:

Not to mention looks to be the favorite for Mr basketball. Although more open than previous years. 

We got our first one in about 7 years with Romeo. Now TDJ is the front runner since KB is at LL, so let’s keep this Hoosier train rolling. Getting the best in state players will get banners sprinkled in with surrounding talent.

Could Leal (or someone else) be the only 2020 taken? Seems IU will definitely need guards, but there might not be a ton of room and 2021 looks loaded. Maybe a Sr Grad transfer, as that always seems a possibility nowdays.