Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

Leal needs to play more. Kid busted his butt in the game. Made quick decisions and quick swings on offense. Played the best post denial we've seen in years and got the steal. Kid just needs minutes and the confidence and green light to shoot. 

Love his attitude and shooting ability. Still think his defense is so far from where it needs to be

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Love his attitude and shooting ability. Still think his defense is so far from where it needs to be

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Defense isn't great. But you have to give and take a bit. The pack line is supposed to be able to help and hide that. And that's something that will really only come with playing time. Look forward to him getting more minutes with Franklin out. 

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

SIAP, but a new interview series with the players and Anthony Leal was the first episode. Really hope he finds a role on this team and excels as he is an easy guy to root for. 

Leal & Galloway are my favorite 2 players...because they hustle. Leal came in a game last year, got 2 or 3 three's and because CAM was so stubborn to change lineups, Leal didn't get any more minutes going forward. He can play defense, he can shoot. Just needs the green light from Coach (which I think he'll get from Woody).

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

SIAP, but a new interview series with the players and Anthony Leal was the first episode. Really hope he finds a role on this team and excels as he is an easy guy to root for. 

I think he might. His shot really seems to be coming around so far. Hopefully it translates to game play. 

I heard an excellent Field of 68 podcast through Inside the Hall this week. One of things the Field of 68 guy really likes about this team is that while we don't have anyone after TJD that's a guaranteed go to guy, we have so many possible go to guys that odds are a couple of them will click.

On 10/29/2021 at 12:29 PM, Stuhoo said:

I heard an excellent Field of 68 podcast through Inside the Hall this week. One of things the Field of 68 guy really likes about this team is that while we don't have anyone after TJD that's a guaranteed go to guy, we have so many possible go to guys that odds are a couple of them will click.

Depth.
We hear the word almost every season, but imo this team has it, with several guyscapable of having big games offensively (and defensively).

Leal has tremendous upside with one of the best shooting strokes on the team. I am guessing defense as well as better players in front of him has kept him on the bench. Perhaps he will get more PT as the season progresses?

Situational minutes at least I hope. He and Stewart have shots that every time they put one up I think it's going in.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, The RUN DMCer said:

Leal has tremendous upside with one of the best shooting strokes on the team. I am guessing defense as well as better players in front of him has kept him on the bench. Perhaps he will get more PT as the season progresses?

I like Leal but he is playing right now due to injuries and this stretch of bad opponents we are facing in the Hoosier Classic.  I don’t see him getting many (if any) minutes going forward.  Woodson values defense and he just doesn’t have the lateral quickness on defense needed as the competition picks up.