Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

On 4/11/2020 at 8:06 AM, Honkyman said:

Leal seems reasonably athletic. He apparently can shoot and seems to have high basketball IQ. But the opposition in these clips appears weak. We'll see how his talent translates at the next level. He kind of reminds me of Pat Graham who was also an Indiana Mr. Basketball and played at IU. Graham was 6'5" and was a very good shooter. He was never a star at IU but usually played off the bench averaging 8.6 points a game.  He battled some injuries so that may have affected his production. He hit 48% from three-point range. If Leal can approach that percentage he will be beloved by IU fans after the poor shooting we've suffered through over the past three years.

Injury definitely changed Pat's game.He could jump out of the gym before the knee.

Love your optimism but after what we've endured as a program, I'd be tickled to death with an Elite 8.  There really is a lot of luck involved in making it to the Final Four.

There is but that is why Archie needs to have us as a top 25 team 9/10 years. If we are, we will find our way into the elite 8/final four. Will have some bad luck and good luck but we need to play the odds by being good pretty much every year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Love your optimism but after what we've endured as a program, I'd be tickled to death with an Elite 8.  There really is a lot of luck involved in making it to the Final Four.

So what you're saying,  is we are past due for some good luck!

There is but that is why Archie needs to have us as a top 25 team 9/10 years. If we are, we will find our way into the elite 8/final four. Will have some bad luck and good luck but we need to play the odds by being good pretty much every year

Agreed. I know there was some thought Kentucky underplayed their preseason ranking. If you put me in the top five every year to start the season, chances are most years you will be in a position to make a run. It’s kind of crazy how much stability they truly have had with their model. I bet Calipari has aged in dog years regardless.

I think we were a fringe preseason top25 team next year. I had us around 27-30.

We get Lander and others keep losing to the draft I could see us around 20. It would be nice to start the season in the top 25 with some clout and enthusiasm.

I think we were a fringe preseason top25 team next year. I had us around 27-30.

We get Lander and others keep losing to the draft I could see us around 20. It would be nice to start the season in the top 25 with some clout and enthusiasm.

This is the first time in a long time, I am truly optimistic (and not just cautiously optimistic) heading into a season. Assuming Lander comes in this summer, I will be VERY surprised if we’re not preseason top 25. There really is no reason this team does not finish in the top 5/6 of the B1G this next year. iIf we miraculously are able to bring in a true shooter via grad transfer (assuming a spot opens up), then I’m gonna go ahead and purchase my Final Four tickets in Indy (I kid, I kid)!

If Leal hits his shots he'll get some playing time. But as the profile indicates, there is a lot of competition for his position. Even if Leal shoots well, will he play ahead of the more experienced Durham and Franklin? Maybe not much if Durham's and Franklin's 3-point shooting improve.

Has there been any chatter regarding how Galloway is shooting the ball? I don't think anyone questions his basketball IQ, toughness, defense, etc. but the biggest worry has always been his shooting. 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

Has there been any chatter regarding how Galloway is shooting the ball? I don't think anyone questions his basketball IQ, toughness, defense, etc. but the biggest worry has always been his shooting. 

Yes...exceeding his prior performance.

Whether that translates to being good enough for high-level game speed will not be answered until there are high-level games.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Yes...exceeding his prior performance.

Whether that translates to being good enough for high-level game speed will not be answered until there are high-level games.

thanks for the reply, good to hear. 

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

And just think that Galloway is the freshman getting talked about the most in practice.    Future looks bright down in Bloomington.     I’m so glad those 2 ended up coming to IU.  

I know Galloway will be one of my favs. Just love the way he plays but yes the future looks bright on this rainy day.