Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Am I the only super optimistic guy here about Leal? I think he’ll definitely have a better freshman season than Franklin did. He will surprise some people. He will have us talking about if he should be starting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I will disagree 100% with the last part. But I love AL. 

I think TG is a much more likely person to RS. 

I could see that. A lot depends on what Archie is doing. I’d like to see a starting 5 of Lander, Leal, Hunter, Smith and TJD next season. Which brings Phinisee, Durham, Franklin, Thompson and Brunk off the bench. Finishing the game would probably be Lander, Durham, Smith, Thompson and TJD.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I haven't seen anybody here say that.

Adding Leal is a big reason I see Durhams minutes going down. Between him, Franklin and Leal, minutes will have to go somewhere for the 40 at SG. Unless Durham grabs minutes at the 3 around Smith, Hunter and Geronimo. And then minutes at the 1 around Lander and Phinisee. I could see Durham in the 20 minutes a game area.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Am I the only super optimistic guy here?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I just couldn’t resist isolating this statement and reposting it. I have no comment, and nothing to add to this thread topic. It was just too good.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Adding Leal is a big reason I see Durhams minutes going down. Between him, Franklin and Leal, minutes will have to go somewhere for the 40 at SG. Unless Durham grabs minutes at the 3 around Smith, Hunter and Geronimo. And then minutes at the 1 around Lander and Phinisee. I could see Durham in the 20 minutes a game area.

IMO, I don’t see Durham losing minutes to Leal. Al was our best shooter this year & has consistently improved his %s each year. He was our best catch and shoot threat, and a healthy Rob + Lander will allow him to play off ball much more. 

ITH had a nice write-up about him w/ this fancy shot chart....He’s a legit spacing threat for what I hope is a potent  Lander/RP & TJD PnR attack 7E5FD004-0BA3-4126-95DF-C7FF39CA43EF.thumb.jpeg.1f6b90311d098c940abf236212fde675.jpeg

IMO, I don’t see Durham losing minutes to Leal. Al was our best shooter this year & has consistently improved his %s each year. He was our best catch and shoot threat, and a healthy Rob + Lander will allow him to play off ball much more. 

ITH had a nice write-up about him w/ this fancy shot chart....He’s a legit spacing threat for what I hope is a potent  Lander/RP & TJD PnR attack 7E5FD004-0BA3-4126-95DF-C7FF39CA43EF.thumb.jpeg.1f6b90311d098c940abf236212fde675.jpeg

It’s not so much that he’s losing them to Leal, unless Leal is as good as I hope. But the fact like Franklin will likely play 10-15 minutes and Leal will probably play about 7-10. Which I think puts Durham at about 23 minutes averaged per game. I don’t consider Durham to be a spacing threat. Simply because spacing threats shoot more than three 3’s a game. If he’s shooting 38% next year but shooting 6+ a game, then we’re in business.