Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

Holy crap.  Leal with a dagger 3 at the buzzer and South wins 69-66.  Silver Creek had control until Conner Hickman from South hit a 3 from the volleyball line to tie it at 66 and SC then turned it over with 30 sec. remaining and that set up the winner.  Both teams cooled off in the second half but it was a fantastic game to watch.  Leal finished with 25 pts on 10-21 FG; 4-9 on 3s; 1-2 FT; 8 reb; 2 asst; 1 TO.

Kaufman with 27 pts. on 8-13 FG; 0-3 on 3s; 11-12 FT; 2 reb; 1 TO; 1 blks.  Kooper Jacobi 18 pts.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Pretty awesome shot indeed. The game tying 3 also bananas by whomever.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Hickman. That kid is reeeeeally good. I think 4 of their starting 5 are playing D1 (Bomba in football) at the next level. And the 5th, the other Bomba, is a Sophomore I believe. 

11 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Bloomington South (19-0) with a 70-43 win over  Martinsville (1-15).  Leal 11 pts.  With his 4th point tonight, Leal passed Chris Lawson to move into 3rd place on the South all-time scoring list.  Connor Hickman led South with 28 points. 

Martinsville knew they were beaten before they got off the bus. Haven't seen a team that deflated in a long time. 

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Anything you can add regarding Leal's game?  Other stats?  How much he actually played?    Thanks in advance.

South coasted. I didn't stay long. Leal will be fine, he is a strong, mature high school senior. He's going to work his butt off to get some PT next year. I have no worries about him or Galloway not playing hard. What they don't have skill-wise they will make up with effort. Both will be solid 4-year players. I expect them to be the same as Franklin next year if not slightly better. 

South coasted. I didn't stay long. Leal will be fine, he is a strong, mature high school senior. He's going to work his butt off to get some PT next year. I have no worries about him or Galloway not playing hard. What they don't have skill-wise they will make up with effort. Both will be solid 4-year players. I expect them to be the same as Franklin next year if not slightly better. 

100 agree!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was at the game tonight and had Leal with 16 points on 5/5 shooting, 2/2 from 3 and 4/5 from free throw. Very efficient game, doesn’t force anything and has a VERY high basketball IQ. Moves really well and showed moments of explosiveness and handled the ball well. Watched him closely on defense and he had the assignment of guarding CN’s best player Blake Barker who averages close to 20 and completely shut him down and held him to 7 points. He’s not going to come in right away and contribute major minutes but I could see him contributing the way Franklin has this year. This kid is going to be a great 4 year player who may go down as one of the most beloved Hoosiers. BS is so well coached and it just surprises me that Holmes never made the leap to college.That guy GETS IT! Also, Conner Hickman (2021) on BS is legit. Only has 2 smaller D1 offers but I would be surprised if he doesn’t get major looks this summer. I can’t see Archie offering him anything more than a preferred walk on spot given the loaded 2021 class but I could totally see Hickman going to somewhere like NW and being a pain in our backside for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Leal just gets it. Can’t wait to see him as a Hoosier. Glad to see him shut down Barker! Blake comes by his talent honestly- his dad Lance is the all time scoring leader for Columbus East (and now coaches Columbus North - traitor, lol). Leal is smart- he sees passing lanes and drive routes very well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Saw these posted today.  No reason to believe they're not accurate but I'm not familiar with the source so FWIW.

Scoring Average: 18.1 ppg   Overall Field Goals: 133/233 (57%)           2-Point FGs: 105/152 (69%)              3-Point FGs: 28/81 (34.5%)            Free Throws: 68/91 (74.7%)               Rebounds: 87(4.4/game)        Career points:  1,505

TheDailyHoosier:  https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-checking-in-with-2020-signee-anthony-leal/?fbclid=IwAR0CXjilg8DFdPzZgXcGmF71SyidkK4izFu55skEcH_PlVq_taRUa3zoC1Q

The stats Leal is generating are still very impressive.  While playing anywhere from point guard to center, Leal spends most of his time as South’s shooting guard or wing.  Through 20 games he is averaging 18.1 points per contest along with 5 rebounds.  Leal is converting at an incredibly efficient 70 percent from two-point range and 35 percent from distance while making 75 percent of his free throws.

Bloomington South, No. 1 in 4A, defeats Greencastle 84-42.  IU signee Anthony Leal scored 23 points on 10-of-13 shooting.  15 of his 23 came in the 3rd Q.   He hit a full court heave but it was just after the 1st Q buzzer sounded.

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

TheDailyHoosier:  https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-checking-in-with-2020-signee-anthony-leal/?fbclid=IwAR0CXjilg8DFdPzZgXcGmF71SyidkK4izFu55skEcH_PlVq_taRUa3zoC1Q

The stats Leal is generating are still very impressive.  While playing anywhere from point guard to center, Leal spends most of his time as South’s shooting guard or wing.  Through 20 games he is averaging 18.1 points per contest along with 5 rebounds.  Leal is converting at an incredibly efficient 70 percent from two-point range and 35 percent from distance while making 75 percent of his free throws.

I was thinking he shot close to 50% from three as a sophomore but could be misremembering.  He is clearly very good inside the arc.

Bloomington South, No. 1 in 4A, defeats Greencastle 84-42.  IU signee Anthony Leal scored 23 points on 10-of-13 shooting.  15 of his 23 came in the 3rd Q.   He hit a full court heave but it was just after the 1st Q buzzer sounded.

[/url]  

Had a really nice alley oop reverse and well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app