Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2020) SG Anthony Leal to IU

I thought the indications were he was going to get an IU offer.  Something happen to change our thinking on Leal?

Rabjohns brought that up on Saturday that Sparty invited him to a game in February. Nothing has changed with Leal. In the past month he has been to 2 games unofficially and IU has been present at 2 of his games. IU is clearly interested and at this time are in no hurry to offer. My guess is he will get an offer after the school year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Rabjohns brought that up on Saturday that Sparty invited him to a game in February. Nothing has changed with Leal. In the past month he has been to 2 games unofficially and IU has been present at 2 of his games. IU is clearly interested and at this time are in no hurry to offer. My guess is he will get an offer after the school year

Agreed. The staff didn’t offer Armaan until early summer before his senior year either.

However, the amount of attention he gets from other big schools like MSU and Virginia might force the staff’s hand to offer earlier if they are really serious about him.

IMO Leal is a can't miss for IU. He's a Bloomington native who wants to play here and can shoot. He seems like a smart kid who will give his all and understand what it means to rep the candy stripes and Indiana across your chest ...a lot like our last recruit from Bloomington South and he turned out pretty decent. Tired of watching these guys who have no idea about the tradition of our program and don't understand the privilege that is wearing the cream and crimson.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Is it an either or type of deal?

Guards:
Durham (senior)
Phin, Anderson(juniors)
Franklin (sophomore)

If they accept they’ll have to come in and work for playing time I’d be happy to take both in this class with Morton having two years to develop behind Phin before taking over the reigns. Leal could be given time to develop behind several other guards, as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

11 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Is it an either or type of deal?

Guards:
Durham (senior)
Phin, Anderson(juniors)
Franklin (sophomore)

If they accept they’ll have to come in and work for playing time I’d be happy to take both in this class with Morton having two years to develop behind Phin before taking over the reigns. Leal could be given time to develop behind several other guards, as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Are we going to have 2 scholarships is my concern. 

Are we going to have 2 scholarships is my concern. 

This, from Inside the Hall, says we will.
https://www.insidethehall.com/indiana-scholarship-numbers/
Insert Brooks for Langford, if we land him.

We will probably need a big or big wing with Smith and Moore graduating and the possibility of losing a Brooks and Jackson-Davis after a few seasons.

If there is room, I wouldn’t be against both Morton and Leal.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

This, from Inside the Hall, says we will.
https://www.insidethehall.com/indiana-scholarship-numbers/
Insert Brooks for Langford, if we land him.

We will probably need a big or big wing with Smith and Moore graduating and the possibility of losing a Brooks and Jackson-Davis after a few seasons.

If there is room, I wouldn’t be against both Morton and Leal.

My concern if Green or Davis leaves and we use it in 2019 on Beverly for example

As the roster currently sits we would have two however I wouldn’t be surprised if there aren’t multiple transfers after this season. Pure speculation on my part but I think there will be multiple scholarships available for 2020 one way or another.

Genuinely curious what the delay in offering is about here.

I’ve seen him play a few times and am just not sure he’s IU elite. Yes he fills a need and is a solid all around basketball player, but I’m not sure he’s elite at anything

With that being said, I would absolutely hate losing him to anyone else

3 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

I’ve seen him play a few times and am just not sure he’s IU elite. Yes he fills a need and is a solid all around basketball player, but I’m not sure he’s elite at anything

This may turn out to be true, but it seems less likely to me than either:

1. The staff prefers another guard/wing in 2020 AND doesn’t want 2 such players in the class, or

2. The staff would like some other roster shakeout(s) to happen before offering and feels the waiting is unlikely to jeopardize their chances.

Almost no program in the country is too good for a hometown top 100 kid.

I’ve only seen videos of Leal but his shot release looks slow. Do you see this watching live?

I’ve only seen videos of Leal but his shot release looks slow. Do you see this watching live?

I’ve only seen him play 3-4 times so I’m not the most credible source, but I do think his shot is kinda slow, although it’s smooth. A lot of times he hesitates too much before shooting when he should just catch and shoot because he’s pretty pure

I’ve only seen him play 3-4 times so I’m not the most credible source, but I do think his shot is kinda slow, although it’s smooth. A lot of times he hesitates too much before shooting when he should just catch and shoot because he’s pretty pure

That really stuck out to me. It looks like a repeatable stroke but I’m not sure he’ll be able to get it off quick enough at the college level unless wide open.

IMO Leal is a can't miss for IU. He's a Bloomington native who wants to play here and can shoot. He seems like a smart kid who will give his all and understand what it means to rep the candy stripes and Indiana across your chest ...a lot like our last recruit from Bloomington South and he turned out pretty decent. Tired of watching these guys who have no idea about the tradition of our program and don't understand the privilege that is wearing the cream and crimson.

Lets get him. I dont want to see him light it up at Virginia.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk