Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2022 General Recruiting Thread (Bball)

Latest rankings from 247:    Only those with actual offers.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

#4:  Chris Livingston - down 1; 5-star

#15:  Jalen Washington - up 2; 5-star

#21:  Zion Cruz - down 2; 5-star

#24:  A. J. Casey - down 4; 4-star

#30:  Justice Williams - down 6; 4-star

#36:  Bruce Thornton - unchanged; 4-star

#53:  Rodney Rice - up 17; 4-star

#57:  Isaac McKneeley - down 7; 4-star

#58:  Justin Taylor - up 17; 4-star

#64:  Shawn Phillips - up 1; 4-star

#86:  Alex Karaban - down 30; 4-star

#101:  Avery Brown - up 37; 4-star

#105:  D'Ante Davis - up 6; 4-star

#116:  C. J. Gunn - was unrated; 3-star

Masai Troutman is unranked

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Latest rankings from 247:    Only those with actual offers.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

2 things: 1) There is no possible way, none, that there are 35 better players in ‘22 than Bruce Thornton. 2) At his current trajectory, Jalen Washington could lose this year to, maybe, an Achilles tear and then lose his senior year to, ohhh, let’s go with a shark attack, and he should then be a top 5 kid by the time he graduates. Can’t think of a kid this highly regarded who’s played so little. 

Latest Rivals rankings announced today.  https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2022

#3 - Chris Livingston (unchanged)

#18 - Bruce Thornton (up 3)

#20 - A. J. Casey (down 1)

#22 - Justice Williams (unchanged)

#23 - Zion Cruz (unchanged)

#24 - Jalen Washington (unchanged)

#33 - Jalen Hood-Schafino (up 3)

#43 - Shawn Phillips (down 1)

#44 - Favour Aire (down 1)

#53 - Justin Taylor (down 8)

#65 - Rodney Rice (down 1)

#78 - Isaac McKneeley (unchanged)

#100 - Alex Karaban (unchanged)

#108 - D'Ante Davis (unchanged)

Unrated:  Avery Brown, C. J. Gunn, Masai Troutman

For comparison, the following are 247's ratings I posted on Sept. 2.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Latest Rivals rankings announced today.  https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2022

#3 - Chris Livingston (unchanged)

#18 - Bruce Thornton (up 3)

#20 - A. J. Casey (down 1)

#22 - Justice Williams (unchanged)

#23 - Zion Cruz (unchanged)

#24 - Jalen Washington (unchanged)

#33 - Jalen Hood-Schafino (up 3)

#43 - Shawn Phillips (down 1)

#44 - Favour Aire (down 1)

#53 - Justin Taylor (down 8)

#65 - Rodney Rice (down 1)

#78 - Isaac McKneeley (unchanged)

#100 - Alex Karaban (unchanged)

#108 - D'Ante Davis (unchanged)

Unrated:  Avery Brown, C. J. Gunn, Masai Troutman

For comparison, the following are 247's ratings I posted on Sept. 2.

Coaches will find him eventually,  but I doubt any '22 kid was hurt more by missing out on AAU exposure than Troutman. He's a top 100ish kid on projection alone.

On 5/9/2020 at 2:34 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Alex Lasley:  Jameel Brown 6'2" PG from Haverford School in Haverford, PA.  No stats on MaxPreps.  Plays AAU for Team Final on the Nike circuit (when there is one).

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/2022-guard-jameel-brown-sparking-early-interest-from-indiana

HUDL

Background

Don't think we've heard much more about this kid but Stockrisers link below has a quote from Brown indicating we are involved.  

https://stockrisers.com/s/108/seven-schools-prioritizing-four-star-junior-jameel-brown

The NCAA has released the 2021 recruiting calendar for men’s basketball. 

2021 Live Period dates:
April 9-11 (travel teams)
April 23-25 (travel teams)
June 18-20 (HS team camps)
June 25-27 (HS team camps)
July 8-11 (travel teams)
July 20-25 (academies)  

Ben Southerland a 6'7" SF/PF attending Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy in Cincinnati, OH.  Plays AAU ball on the Adidas affiliated Midwest Basketball Club. Another name Mike Schumann indicates we're showing interest.

'19-'20 Stats

'18-'19 Stats

Hudl

Jake @jakeweingarten

Add more interested schools to the list of programs intrigued by 2022’s Jai Smith. He tells me that Indiana and LSU become the latest programs to inquire in him.

On Oct. 12, Weingarten mentioned Smith was also a possible reclass and reported this conversation he had with Smith.

https://stockrisers.com/s/164/four-star-prospect-jai-smith-talks-recruitment-reclassification

Smith is a 6'9" PF who will attend Bull City Prep in Durham, NC after having previously attended St. Thomas More in CT.  No stats available on MaxPreps.

Rivals

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2020/08/former-bishop-ludden-basketball-prodigy-jai-smith-lands-scholarship-offers-transfers-to-bull-city-prep.html

30 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The frame on that kid. That’s about as prototypical as it gets.

From Travis Braham at 247Sports -

Leon Bond, a 6-foot-5 and 180-pound small forward in the 2022 class out of Milwaukee (Wis.) Wauwatosa East, took advantage of the offseason this summer and used it to develop his game and his play has caught the eye of multiple high major programs.

"It was a pretty big summer just showing people what I have been working on during the off season," Bond said. "I really just wanted to show people how I am really trying to get better and that motor that I have."

The three-star prospect is athletic and versatile on both ends of the floor but was focused on expanding his game in two specific areas.

"Definitely shooting a lot and tightening my handle, those were the biggest things," Bond said of what he was working on this summer.

As to his overall game, Bond is an energetic and athletic wing prospect who can score from multiple levels.

"I'm a high energy and athletic dude who likes to play in transition but I'm not afraid to take a shot," Bond described of his game. "I will take anything off the dribble and I love to get to my mid-range a lot."

When it comes to his recruitment, Bond says things are going pretty well and that he feels like a handful of schools are prioritizing him and others are showing interest.

"Pretty good, I have been talking to some nice schools and it's been kind of slow because of covid but it's been pretty good," he said of his recruiting process. "UNLV, Western Michigan, Marquette, Belmont and a few others have been prioritizing me and Indiana, Iowa State and Virginia are showing interest."

The three-star Wisconsin native broke down what he is hearing from five of those programs -- Indiana, Iowa State, Marquette, UNLV and Virginia.

Indiana: "Pretty good, I've been talking to coach [Mike] Roberts, we've just been talking about playing Big Ten basketball and getting better and that everything will work out."

Iowa State: "Tyrese Haliburton went there and he's from Wisconsin so talking about getting better and big time basketball."

Marquette: "Just staying home and being a hometown hero type thing."

UNLV: "The program is just telling me what it would look like and just they have a really nice program and they're trying to get me out there and see what they're really about and get back to those winning ways."

Virginia: "They were more talking about getting better still. The ACC is some of the best basketball in the world, in my opinion, they have some of the best players and being coached by Tony Bennett, he's just one of the greats."

It's early in the recruiting process for Bond but he says that he knows two things that he is looking for in a program.

"Winning for sure and family atmosphere, probably the best of both worlds."

Bond is currently the No. 41 overall small forward in the 2022 247Sports rankings

25 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Travis Braham at 247Sports -

Leon Bond, a 6-foot-5 and 180-pound small forward in the 2022 class out of Milwaukee (Wis.) Wauwatosa East, took advantage of the offseason this summer and used it to develop his game and his play has caught the eye of multiple high major programs.

"It was a pretty big summer just showing people what I have been working on during the off season," Bond said. "I really just wanted to show people how I am really trying to get better and that motor that I have."

The three-star prospect is athletic and versatile on both ends of the floor but was focused on expanding his game in two specific areas.

"Definitely shooting a lot and tightening my handle, those were the biggest things," Bond said of what he was working on this summer.

As to his overall game, Bond is an energetic and athletic wing prospect who can score from multiple levels.

"I'm a high energy and athletic dude who likes to play in transition but I'm not afraid to take a shot," Bond described of his game. "I will take anything off the dribble and I love to get to my mid-range a lot."

When it comes to his recruitment, Bond says things are going pretty well and that he feels like a handful of schools are prioritizing him and others are showing interest.

"Pretty good, I have been talking to some nice schools and it's been kind of slow because of covid but it's been pretty good," he said of his recruiting process. "UNLV, Western Michigan, Marquette, Belmont and a few others have been prioritizing me and Indiana, Iowa State and Virginia are showing interest."

The three-star Wisconsin native broke down what he is hearing from five of those programs -- Indiana, Iowa State, Marquette, UNLV and Virginia.

Indiana: "Pretty good, I've been talking to coach [Mike] Roberts, we've just been talking about playing Big Ten basketball and getting better and that everything will work out."

Iowa State: "Tyrese Haliburton went there and he's from Wisconsin so talking about getting better and big time basketball."

Marquette: "Just staying home and being a hometown hero type thing."

UNLV: "The program is just telling me what it would look like and just they have a really nice program and they're trying to get me out there and see what they're really about and get back to those winning ways."

Virginia: "They were more talking about getting better still. The ACC is some of the best basketball in the world, in my opinion, they have some of the best players and being coached by Tony Bennett, he's just one of the greats."

It's early in the recruiting process for Bond but he says that he knows two things that he is looking for in a program.

"Winning for sure and family atmosphere, probably the best of both worlds."

Bond is currently the No. 41 overall small forward in the 2022 247Sports rankings

This young fella is the kid that plays for Jordan Hulls’s AAU team

Per Stockrisers.com -

6'3" PG Bryce Lindsay attends Baltimore Polytechnic Institute.  Unranked on 247 and nothing on MaxPreps. 

https://stockrisers.com/s/180/2022s-bryce-lindsay-emerging-as-popular-recruit

Sept. article from 247

Hudl

Don't know a thing about the kid, but not sure a 16 year old should be describing his own b-ball IQ as "elite."

In a normal year, I'd be able to start passing along stats for our '22 offerees as their high school seasons got underway.  We really need to appreciate the fact that we are playing HS ball in Indiana because many states are not.  Here's a summary of our non-Indiana '22 targets and where their season's stand as best as I can determine as of today.  Anyone with different information please share.

Favour Aire - Bishop McNamara (MD) - Season on hold.

Avery Brown - Northfield Mt. Herman (MA) - No games scheduled but team is practicing and scrimmaging.

A. J. Casey - Young HS (Chicago) - Season on hold indefinitely.

Zion Cruz - Patrick School (NJ) - Season won't start until 1/11/21 at the earliest.

Jalen Hood-Schifino - Montverde Academy (FL) - Season underway with a full schedule.

Alex Karaban - New Hampton HS (NH) - Season on  hold.

Chris Livingston - Case Western Reserve (OH) - Season started; team is 1-1 with 3 games already cancelled; no player stats; no games scheduled for the entire month of December; next scheduled game is 1/9/21.

Isaac McKneeley - Poca HS (WV) - Season won't start until 1/29/21 at the earliest.

Tyler Nickel - East Rockingham HS (VA) - Season scheduled to open on 12/7/20.

Shawn Phillips - Yspsi Prep (MI) - Season underway but only a limited number of games scheduled.

Tarris Reed - Chaminade HS (MO) - Season scheduled to open on 12/9/20.

Rodney Rice - DeMatha HS (MD) - Season on hold.

Justin Taylor - St. Anne's Belfield (VA) - Season on hold.

Masai Troutman - St. John's Catholic Prep (MD) - Season on hold.

Justice Williams - Montverde Academy (FL) - Season underway with a full schedule.

In a normal year, I'd be able to start passing along stats for our '22 offerees as their high school seasons got underway.  We really need to appreciate the fact that we are playing HS ball in Indiana because many states are not.  Here's a summary of our non-Indiana '22 targets and where their season's stand as best as I can determine as of today.  Anyone with different information please share.

Favour Aire - Bishop McNamara (MD) - Season on hold.

Avery Brown - Northfield Mt. Herman (MA) - No games scheduled but team is practicing and scrimmaging.

A. J. Casey - Young HS (Chicago) - Season on hold indefinitely.

Zion Cruz - Patrick School (NJ) - Season won't start until 1/11/21 at the earliest.

Jalen Hood-Schifino - Montverde Academy (FL) - Season underway with a full schedule.

Alex Karaban - New Hampton HS (NH) - Season on  hold.

Chris Livingston - Case Western Reserve (OH) - Season started; team is 1-1 with 3 games already cancelled; no player stats; no games scheduled for the entire month of December; next scheduled game is 1/9/21.

Isaac McKneeley - Poca HS (WV) - Season won't start until 1/29/21 at the earliest.

Tyler Nickel - East Rockingham HS (VA) - Season scheduled to open on 12/7/20.

Shawn Phillips - Yspsi Prep (MI) - Season underway but only a limited number of games scheduled.

Tarris Reed - Chaminade HS (MO) - Season scheduled to open on 12/9/20.

Rodney Rice - DeMatha HS (MD) - Season on hold.

Justin Taylor - St. Anne's Belfield (VA) - Season on hold.

Masai Troutman - St. John's Catholic Prep (MD) - Season on hold.

Justice Williams - Montverde Academy (FL) - Season underway with a full schedule.

Chaminade streams their home games, so unless the season completely blows up here, not exactly unlikely, we should be able to see Reed at least a couple of times. Really want to see Brown and Troutman.

19 minutes ago, Demo said:

Chaminade streams their home games, so unless the season completely blows up here, not exactly unlikely, we should be able to see Reed at least a couple of times. Really want to see Brown and Troutman.

"Troutman" Sounds like a really lame aquatic Marvel character.